Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is this continuing to happen?

When you know.... you know.
    Last edited by SkyValker; 4 Days Ago at 01:03 PM.

SkyValker how is the loot being a th13 that low?
    Supercell - add a button in Clash to stop the screen from shaking during attacks please!

Quote Originally Posted by mooclashes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xtralog View Post
    I reported a few bot attacks to support... they did not even ask for details... only picked some random predefined text as an answer... If it was a real person, which I actually doubt. I really do not believe that SC is seriously aiming for all cheaters.
    If you're looking for the instant gratification of reporting someone and seeing that user banned based off of your report, you will be disappointed. They don't work that way for a good reason.

Bans are done in waves, regardless of when the infraction was committed. This keeps the cheaters guessing, and never really sure what tipped SC off to the ban. If bans happened immediately, the cheaters would be able to test incremental changes until they found a way around the systems. Accounts are easy to create.

That said, your reporting does matter. If you have real reason to suspect you've been hit by a bot, please report, as SC has stated they do make use of these. How exactly, I don't know for sure, and I wouldn't expect them to divulge this information.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Opt1musPr1me View Post
    As you can see, both of these players used the same exact troops and spells. When I watched the replay the deployment was exactly the same. 3 Giants, 10 Barbs, 40 Archers released from 6-12 o'clock. Same placement from 3-6 o'clock. Then 12-3 followed by 9-6. This is extremely frustrating that these people are still allowed to use these cheats. Contacted support and all I got was they can't do anything without seeing it actually happen.... SMH....

What are thoughts and experiences?
    I am happy to read about the strategy Supercell takes to ban any bot users. Since Opt1musPr1me asked for thoughts and experiences, I thought I’d share mine.

One of my accounts has been attacked regularly with similar attacks in low leagues, mainly crystal. I think the word ‘similar’ is noteworthy because the ones I have seen were a bit different than the ones described here. However, the attacks on me were mirror image copies of one another and generally followed the pattern described below.

1. A row of four giants, evenly spaced between 9 and 12 o’clock (NW side).
    2. A row of 10-11 barbarians, evenly spaced behind the giants.
    3. A row of 20-35 archers behind the barbarians. These are always dropped in the same fashion: same direction, very fast, in a straight line (clearly not multi-fingered action). I have yet to meet somebody who can replicate this archer deployment.
    4. Then steps 1-3 are repeated, always in the same order: NW - NE - SW - SE. Last side with less troops.
    5. After that, variations do tend to happen, sometimes with deployment of heroes, siege machines and/or spells. To me, the initial tell tale sign is the composition I see in my defense history, 14 giants; 42 barbarians and 168 archers (for a TH13 attacker). Variations in army composition largely depend on the army camp space of the attacker.

I mostly see such attacks on my main (TH13) base (shaped as a rectangle), but I rarely see them on my other bases that have different shapes. That may or may not be important, I have no clue.

The frequency of these attack varies with time. I believe it has gone down after the recent bans (that were discussed here extensively). A couple of days ago, I thought there was another one (same army composition), but this one had a significantly different troop deployment pattern.

Coming back to the attack patterns, I once heard that replays actually are just the listing of troop deployment in space and time (probably laid on top of the matrix of buildings in the defending base). This means that the attack pattern described above should stand out as carbon copies in multiple replays. I am no software or database expert, but I think it should be possible to recognize this and act accordingly. Then again, any small variation in the sequence of events or additions of other elements might hamper such detection.

By the way, as I was typing this, I thought that the archer deployment might be replicated on a large tablet with a small rotating cogwheel or gear of some kind. Just select your archers and roll-deploy them in a straight line!

Best regards and have a nice day,
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    To do my bit... I've designed an anti-Bot base.
    From this post I got inspired to do a little experiment too. I made a anti barch bot base. It's a ridiculous base. I let the collectors fill up overnight and was sure to catch one fish but lo and behold I caught 2! . I switched back to my previous base anyways because I won't get free shield mostly.

Here are the videos

https://youtu.be/9N91HGXPQdg

https://youtu.be/eopXNegsdxs

Nice catch. The deployment is not humanly possible, and always that waiting time before the lightning spells come down on those DE drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    From this post I got inspired to do a little experiment too. I made a anti barch bot base. It's a ridiculous base. I let the collectors fill up overnight and was sure to catch one fish but lo and behold I caught 2! . I switched back to my previous base anyways because I won't get free shield mostly.
    I do enjoy watching those. I'm sure the attacker has no idea (if they are attacking 'all night' they probably won't see the replays) - but I feel I'm doing my part to make it non-viable for them!

What I do find interesting, when checking these people, is they seem to have much lower 'attack wins' than they used to. This was always a red flag - someone winning 100's of attacks per day.

I am pleased to see how much this type of attack has been reduced (well done Supercell!) - and I'll continue to enjoy setting up the dummy base from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by mooclashes View Post
    Loot is pretty awful down low for a TH13!

I just dropped down to farm defenceless achievement (and work on some hero upgrades) - but I was struggling to get enough loot. I was managing to get the cheaper traps upgrading, but in general the builders were getting lazy!

I still find Legends is best for keeping all builders busy. Dropping low is only good, if you can do multiple raids with cheap troops (barch/goblins etc)

My mantra is still:
    High trophies is better for occasional raids with expensive armies
    Low trophies is better for multiple raids with cheap armies

It is disappointing that there are still so many bots but it is funny to see the results of these anti-bot designs. I particularly like it when the bots zap my dark drills that aren't full and waste all that elixir to get almost no dark.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.