Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is this continuing to happen?

Why is this continuing to happen?

As you can see, both of these players used the same exact troops and spells. When I watched the replay the deployment was exactly the same. 3 Giants, 10 Barbs, 40 Archers released from 6-12 o'clock. Same placement from 3-6 o'clock. Then 12-3 followed by 9-6. This is extremely frustrating that these people are still allowed to use these cheats. Contacted support and all I got was they can't do anything without seeing it actually happen.... SMH....

What are thoughts and experiences?

I guess I'm missing the problem. I suppose you are implying that these players are using bots. If so they will eventually be caught and banned. Is there another issue I'm not seeing? It's not like they are auto 3-starring your base, if anything it looks like they took minimal loot and gave you a couple of defenses won.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Darian already replied to these similar queries in another thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I cannot stress this comment enough. We don't do individual bans when it comes to botting or modding. We have to analyze and research how those mods/bots work before we can do a mass ban.

But because researching these takes time, it can feel like we're not doing anything when in truth we're doing quite a lot. However, the big issue is that no matter what counter measures we put into place there will always be another mod or cheating system that will be created. This is simply because no programming code is perfect and there is always a way around it.

The process looks a bit like this:
    1. We research how the current mods and bots function.
    2. Analyze how they are being used.
    3. Identify which accounts are using them.
    4. Implement fixes to prevent them from working.
    5. Do a mass ban of accounts.
    6. Bot/mod authors will look at new security measures.
    7. Bot/mod authors find a way around them.
    8. Sell new bot/mod programs.
    9. Back to #1.

Millennial Club
    Do you have video of the attacks for reference?
    Those are pretty basic comps....especially for farming supper low.

So even it legends I see the same comps hitting my base...and all of them attack the say way. Why...because they all watched a video on how to attack this base.

You would need the videos showing the troops being released at the exact same spots at the exact same timing interval for it to even appear to be a bot. That being said...a bot with L8 giants and the rest maxxed....highly suspect. The bots users I've seen have all max troops.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I guess I'm missing the problem. I suppose you are implying that these players are using bots. If so they will eventually be caught and banned. Is there another issue I'm not seeing? It's not like they are auto 3-starring your base, if anything it looks like they took minimal loot and gave you a couple of defenses won.
    The core of the game is loot and progress

Anyway ... Forum always laugh when someone bring bot farm to the table
    And usually ... Sooner the table has been locked

I know thing get better right now

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    Anyway ... Forum always laugh when someone bring bot farm to the table
    Why do you think that? Bots are a serious problem in the game and i see those attacks on all of myaccounts. I have done several videos and sometimes the bot user changes the deploying position but then there are several attacks with the same changed troop deployment.
    I send several videos to support and first got the answere that it was usual troop deploying butafter sending them another videos they have seen that these 100% same attacks from different accounts cant be just coincidence.

As pointed out above with the quote from darians post sc do bans in waves and until then the botters are save.

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    Do you have video of the attacks for reference?
    Those are pretty basic comps....especially for farming supper low.

So even it legends I see the same comps hitting my base...and all of them attack the say way. Why...because they all watched a video on how to attack this base.

You would need the videos showing the troops being released at the exact same spots at the exact same timing interval for it to even appear to be a bot. That being said...a bot with L8 giants and the rest maxxed....highly suspect. The bots users I've seen have all max troops.
    If you need to see a recording of this particular attack, I suggest you check your defense log.

Edit: After writing this I checked my own defense log. I found three bot suspected attacks, although they were not 100% identical. One had some goblins in place of giants, for example. But watching the deployment makes me suspect bots.
    The army makeup is not what makes it a bot. I use goblin raids on dead bases, or goblin knife, or gibarch etc.
    But I don't deliberately deploy evenly on all four sides, even on the side with no collectors.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; February 13th, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

For those needing "proof" here are the two replays. Sorry the quality isn't the best but you can still see that it's 2 completely different players deploying everything the exact same way and time. Watch near the very end at the Lightning spells..... EXACT SAME SPOTS!

As for the other comments about not losing alot of loot or getting a defensive win, it's not about that. It's the principle of the matter that they are still out there.
    (Redacted by forum moderator)
    Last edited by Cowslips; February 13th, 2020 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Naming and shaming

If there are bots that give people shield, take minimal loot and gives out trophies, I would like to have them attack my base very often. Or maybe they do attack my base. I haven't checked the defense log for months for what troops the opponents used.

Bots are a menace , just record a replay and submit to support like I do, those who think bots are not a problem need to think, most bot users set parameters in the bot program to attack bases with a certain loot say 500k and attack them give them trophies and shield and deprive honest players of lootting the same bases , plus it's against tos, they cause huge impact on the game.
    I'm farming in gold league and see these bot attacks all the time and keep reporting, that's all we can do, those who question whether they are bots are not mostly haven't seen the replays to easily understand it's bots. You know how I easily make out that are bots? My collectors and behind walls and defences and still these players use same attack I mean hundreds use same deployment to get pitiful loot as they can't get my collectors, yeah sure they have seen some video on yt and attack my walls with copy paste deployment , very much human .
    Last edited by Postal; February 13th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.