Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valey / village piggy bank open costs too much

Fresh Spawn

valey / village piggy bank open costs too much

if at the end of the village season.. you want to buy the items from the store than you must always have to open your piggy bank that always costs you 25 diamonds . if you do not.... you do not get the special items ... then you just have too little token ,,, also i don't understand why whe are going back to the chickens ... the zoo animals worked much better. please react if agree with me ....

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by cootje View Post
    ...also i don't understand why whe are going back to the chickens ... the zoo animals worked much better. please react if agree with me ....
    First of all, welcome cootje to the Hay Day subforum. I'm speculating the following. Team Hay Day is still reviewing the data from the zoo animals theme in Season 6 and is making improvements before letting us play again. I like the zoo animals because it was more challenging than just collecting chickens and we must return the zoo animals to the Sanctuary and hope they don't escape.

Some forumites posted their frustrations with the zoo animals because they escaped and their trucks broke down. I was lucky because it didn't happen often to me.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 13, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 13th, 2020 at 10:56 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I thought that maybe the valley would alternate between chickens and sanctuary animals.... and maybe another unknown type... sort of like the derby has mystery, power, bingo, blossom etc.

I agree that it is too expensive that's why I didn't open it.

It is still possible to buy one item from the exclusive store if you saved enough normal tokens (not piggy bank tokens).

This is more difficult now because the normal tokens buildings used to give are now divided into normal tokens and piggy bank tokens. So you get fewer normal tokens per building and that means you have to serve more buildings to get the same amount of normal tokens compared to before the piggy bank update. That means more fuel needed, more sun tasks etc. = more difficult. Even when the piggy bank is full the buildings won't give more normal tokens

I try to collect all the exclusive decoration prizes (at least the ones when I'm in an active enough valley to unlock the shop) so I saved the necessary 1.100 tokens of each colour. This meant that this season I was not able to buy all the items I would have wanted from the normal shop but I did get the exclusive decoration without having to open the piggy bank.

This seasons normal shop had 2 scrolls and 2 other decos (bonsai and fern) which I did get and lots and lots of screws and some tapes (which are my 2 rarest items). I didn't get all of these because then I would not have had enough tokens for the exclusive price that was more important to me than the screws and tapes.

In short: If you save enough normal tokens during the season you will be able to buy one exclusive item without opening the piggy bank.

Edit: If you do want to buy 2 exclusive items though, then yes you will need the piggy bank and also the right mix of token colours.
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; February 13th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

I was under the impression that you would get X token from the building in your wallet PLUS Y more (extra) in the piggy bank? Sounds silly now but i didn't really paid attention since i ignore PB alltogether.
    Last edited by BULIGO; February 13th, 2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cootje View Post
    if at the end of the village season.. you want to buy the items from the store than you must always have to open your piggy bank that always costs you 25 diamonds . if you do not.... you do not get the special items ... then you just have too little token ,,, also i don't understand why whe are going back to the chickens ... the zoo animals worked much better. please react if agree with me ....
    I agree with you about the zoo animals, yet this forum was full of complaints from those who were upset with the zoo animals even as the valley had begun and they had not really played with the zoo animals.
    I have bought the extra diamonds every season since the valley started and do not have to open the piggy bank. just need to plan your valley accordingly. if you want 2 special items, then yes pay the 25 diamonds. That is what diamonds are for.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    I was under the impression that you would get X token from the building in your wallet PLUS Y more (extra) in the piggy bank? Sounds silly now but i didn't really paid attention since i ignore PB alltogether.
    That is true now and you will get x tokens when your PB is full not x+y normal tokens (which would be logical - at least to me - because why does the total amount of tokens decrease when PB is full? )

My point, however, was that x (old) - normal tokens that you used to get before the PB update is not equal to x (new) - normal tokens that you get now (which again would make more sense to me since the PB is supposed to be 'something extra'). It is almost x (old) = x (new) + y (new PB) from my experience. So when you don't use y (PB) you get a much lesser amount of tokens.

Btw. I opened my PB in the first season it was available just to try it and since I managed to balance the tokens in a way that I could get 2 prizes. I won't do it again because I found it too much work and too expensive for a gain of 15 diamonds (since I don't use boosters I went for deco + diamonds). Since diamonds have become kind of worthless IMHO as I explained in the other thread it is not worth opening the PB for me. Also I think it's wrong that something I earned gets taken away from me unless I spend diamonds to get it back. For that reason I also don't do the daily task road bombing.

Theare are other factors to consider.

Piggy Bank was introduced with Sanctuary theme. Delivering animals give lots of token. Naturally the token offer from buildings needs rebalancing. Still, it was completely unbalanced with 20-fuel offer easily available. It was in favor of players but still not ideal for the Valley.
    After Piggy Bank was full, I got similar token offer for building orders.

Second season with piggy bank, chicken theme Valley seems to find its balance, token offer is higher compared to Sanctuary one, regardless how many Piggy bank can take.

You can follow the link in my signature to read about Piggy Bank from HelpShift. I would reach the same conclusion as Buligo
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Well my experience is that the average normal tokens I got from the 2 PB valleys was about 20 (colours combined). I did not see a difference in the building token offers between sanctuary and last valley (yes, the animals gave more tokens but buildings were the same for me). The average amount of PB tokens I got was between 10 and 15.

In the valleys before the PB update I used to get an average of about 30 normal tokens (colours combined).

If I compare the two Valley and how high an offer can go (not average, but range of minimum and maximum token all colors combined, per offer)

Sanctuary Valley: 20-ish max
    Chicken Valley: up to 35 - with a full Piggy bank

So yes, I see a big difference.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::