Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Heroes and troops beating on walls

Heroes and troops beating on walls

Hey guys tried to post something earlier on this. Appears it did not work so here we go again. A few months back clan mates and myself started to notice that troops had begun to start beating on walls rather than move through open space with buildings nearby. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If so is supercell aware of this already? And if they are aware are they doing anything to resolve this issue?

Thanks Doc

Can you share us a video of this behaviour?

I will certainly see what I can do. Not sure if I can get video but I can definitely get some screen shots.

So here is one photo of a pekka beating on a wall with a camp right next to him. I can continue to find more as I know I have plenty in my replays and clan mates replays.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by XxDocHollidayxX; February 12th, 2020 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxDocHollidayxX View Post
    troops had begun to start beating on walls rather than move through open space with buildings nearby.
    So here is one photo of a pekka beating on a wall with a camp right next to him. I can continue to find more as I know I have plenty in my replays and clan mates replays.
    I thought you mean that there was an open wall and troops started to making another hole in the wall.
    The current behaviour in your pic is the normal "rule of 3" thing. Yes it wasnt the smartest choise of the troop to hit the wall but that is what we all have to deal with.

Should not be an issue to just deal with. With the amount of people playing the game and the amount of revenue supercell makes from the game this should be an easy adjustment of the ai so troops act more appropriately and have better game play for all.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...our-of-wizards
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...or-Bad-pathing
    Its the thing we all have to deal with. If there would be an easy fix i am sure sc would have done it already.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Should not be an issue to just deal with. With the amount of people playing the game and the amount of revenue supercell makes from the game this should be an easy adjustment of the ai so troops act more appropriately and have better game play for all.
    How do you define "appropriately?" If by appropriately you mean operating consistently along a predetermined path that is very well documented, then I'd answer that's exactly how they function now. If by appropriately you mean hitting whatever you want whenever you want, that's never been part of this game's strategy. In order to make an even playing field for all players, all players' troops behave the same way. The strategy comes from learning this behavior, planning for it, and using it to your advantage.

You should also recognize that because of "the amount of people playing the game" there would never be a set of rules that everyone agrees upon. For example, from your image I'm guessing you'd have preferred to see that pekka walk around the whole perimeter of the village instead of making its way into the core. You'll find yourself in the clear minority with that view. So instead, Supercell doesn't make "easy adjustments" that upset all the players and causes attacks to fail, but instead makes measured changes and finds the right balance to make a consistent experience

I suggest you research The Rule of 3, the Boredom Rule, Troop Retargeting, Wallbreaker Pathing and other AI posts. Learning how troops function is all part of the game.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme