Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Event requirements seem tiring to you?

Event requirements seem tiring to you?

I am at Legends league and I feel like every event requiring us to win 10-15 battles is a bit too much ask.

It used to be 3-5 wins required when I started playing 4 years ago. But, I feel like after Tencent bought it, the Chinese owners are treating us gamers as cheap day laborers. It does no longer feel like a game to me. It feels like I am bound to spend quality time in the game to be able to win these rewards. In the past, it was not so tiring and mandatory. I have kind of OCD of winning all events for whatever the rewards are. But for about last 2 years, it has become a real pain in the ***.

I am not requesting to SC to reduce the requirements, because I do not feel like they would listen to me. Just posting, to see if other forumers also feel the same (if I am allowed to).

I feel that once you move up to Legends you sort of leave behind the need to do these type of challenges. At least that's how I view it for my style of play. When I wasn't in Legends the number of wins needed never seemed to be an issue.....

Forum Champion
    I only attempt events that don't impact on my preferred armies or offer substantial rewards.

They aren't compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    I only attempt events that don't impact on my preferred armies or offer substantial rewards.

They aren't compulsory.
    This. I don't do it if my usual army at the time cannot fit the required troops. Events with troops like Golem, valkyrie, witches I just ignore them usually.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I'm in Legends, and I don't do challenges unless they're for Bullder Base or if it's with Troops/Spells I'm already using. My progression is too fast as it is to try to snag and use every Magic Item. The only one I missed that I wish I'd done was the recent Miner one for the Shovel. I never even try to do special troops events like the Ice Wiz.

Maybe they should adjust the win requirements based on the league you are in. Like 8 for legends, 9 for Titans, 10 for Champs etc.

The current event is kind of awkward for me since my hogs are very low level (I don't use them at all).
    But I can still fit them in a miner army so not much of a problem.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I'm okay with just not doing them. I don't need the win requirements catered to me. They're already adjusted by TH level. No need to complicate that further.

Pro Member
    For me it comes down to what reward is being offered. 5 wall rings when I already have the 100 new walls completed, not really going to bother. Put a BoH out there and I will probably find a way to complete the event.

I also consider how much I'd need to change my preferred army to complete the task. If it's a matter of dropping 1 troop to get more of another I will be more likely to do it. Completely change my preferred army and it takes a better reward for me to make the adjustment.

With various people, one should expect various responses. My own take ...

I am in Legends, have been for some time. For the record, I prefer staying in Legends, if I can, yet I do not "trophy push", so at most times am hanging out in lower Legends ranges. I also love to take on challenges! So each and every troop event so far I have completed, while in Legends, with the restricted 8 attacks. Granted, some were close, real close!

For the current event, I too am not a "Hog player". Have had two failures so far today. But what I do is constatly adjust my army composition and attack strategy. By the end of the 3 days, with 24 attacks, I will try to get 12 wins by some means, which will not be easy, but it will be a challenge! And yes, I accept that it may overlap with the Basalt Assault event in less tha two days. I may once again, as I have done in the past, have to overlap the two, find an army composition which satisfies both events, and yet I can gain at least one star.

So each their own! Those whom do not want to risk trophies and losses can indeed skip events. Those like I, whom love challenges, to solve a puzzle of how to make them work, with no concern for trophy drops, can take them on.

If the requirments were less wins over the three day period, that I would not mind at all. But I do love a good "I dare you", and that is what the events are to me! It is not for the rewards (most I have no desire for), nor for the XP, but simply for the thrill of a challenge.
    Last edited by rowman; February 12th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    With various people, one should expect various responses. My own take ...

I am in Legends, have been for some time. For the record, I prefer staying in Legends, if I can, yet I do not "trophy push", so at most times am hanging out in lower Legends ranges. I also love to take on challenges! So each and every troop event so far I have completed, while in Legends, with the restricted 8 attacks. Granted, some were close, real close!

For the current event, I too am not a "Hog player". Have had two failures so far today. But what I do is constatly adjust my army composition and attack strategy. By the end of the 3 days, with 24 attacks, I will try to get 12 wins by some means, which will not be easy, but it will be a challenge! And yes, I accept that it may overlap with the Basalt Assault event in less tha two days. I may once again, as I have done in the past, have to overlap the two, find an army composition which satisfies both events, and yet I can gain at leas one star.

So each their own! Those whom do not want to risk trophies and losses can indeed skip events. Those like I, whom love challenges, to solve a puzzle of how to make them work, with no concern for trophy drops, can take them on.

If the requirments were less wins over the three day period, that I would not mind at all. But I do love a good "I dare you", and that is what the events are to me! It is not for the rewards (most I have no desire for), nor for the XP, but simply for the thrill of a challenge.
    I also do these challenges, CG over achieving and max out Season Quests too. Even when requirements were 3-5 wins, I used the event troops innovatively.
    Even tried with level 1 hogs(and other such) to fulfill requirements. So, I myself is a bad *** challenge taker too.

So, my Games Champion total is 160k. Surpassed 15k Well Seasoned. Achieved 242 XPs for doing event challenges diligently.

But, I still hate the fact that SC is forcing us for this.