Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An event hood for Valley?

Sure JemimaPD, I'l save you the best place next to a chicken.

Can you let the other farm do derby in that week to maintain the league for the hood? Main farm can go back there to provide support anytime.

Another idea for solo derby players, delay derby start compeltely till after Valley start. That way I think you should be able to do both that week. For hood with more than 1 players opting in, it becomes complicated quickly.

I seldomly start derby on saturday night/sunday with my minis. I have not start derby with them this week, I'll test tomorrow to see if leaving and joining hood BEFORE derby start could stop the player from participating in derby.

pls disregard, will not work that way.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 14th, 2020 at 10:41 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley info : - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Meonhoc, I think this is a great idea but at this time derby rewards hold more interest to me than valley rewards. I would also have to be honest that I do not consistently (daily) get to 170 sun points on my main farm and baby farm is even less active and usually spins only once daily for the free spin.

Wishing u all much fun together and am sure u will rock the next Valley!

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Sure JemimaPD, I'l save you the best place next to a chicken.
    Cheers me dear!

I've just copied this from the help section:

- "*IMPORTANT*
    - Leaders and co-leaders can opt out other members of the neighborhood
    - If all members of a neighbourhood decide to opt out of the Derby, they will be demoted to the previous league in the next Derby."

So it would seem that you just go down one league, rather than drop to the bottom one. That would probably be okay for me as I'm not bothered about being in the CL.

But, I would like both farms to play in the same valley, for the rewards. Does that work with your idea?

QBIE, hopefully we will still be around when you feel like playing Valley more. Thanks for your kind words.

JemimaPD,
    You can enroll both in the Valley with us for sure when the time comes to sign up (a separate thread). Be advised that both of them should be in the Valley hood before Valley start. If you don’t have any other farm to keep your own hood, it will be disbanded. In this case, you might want to start a hood and level it to lv10 (2 days max) to be the hood keeper while your other farms are out.

A mystery remains about player who had not joined Valley and joins a hood already placed in a Valley. I don’t know what would happen to them, Valley wise.
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 14th, 2020 at 11:01 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

I wish i had another baby farm so i can try to participate and see if this theory works. I'm very much active in valley, got 1900 each token for both my main and baby farm last time. Also, i always reach the 200-sun points mark daily. But since i only have 1 baby farm, i always just partner it with my main farm on same hood since it act as my backup in times when i needed help on fixing my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibssoli27 View Post
    I wish i had another baby farm so i can try to participate and see if this theory works. I'm very much active in valley, got 1900 each token for both my main and baby farm last time. Also, i always reach the 200-sun points mark daily. But since i only have 1 baby farm, i always just partner it with my main farm on same hood since it act as my backup in times when i needed help on fixing my truck.
    What theory are you referring to? The rules I have in mind are those I've been applying to my mini's hood of 3 since ages (one of them don't even have fishing pond and can barely reach 370). Small hoods also means I can rely on more players (the rest of the Valley) to chime in as well. Thanks to fuel station, driving around is much easier now.

If you feel like it, try some rules with your farms next Valley . Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    While I would love to be in active valleys everytime, I would not want to let my hood down and that's what this would feel like for me :/ (me having only one farm I can't send my only account, sorry, but great idea for solo players maybe?)
    I have to say I would probably feel egotistical and feel like betraying my NH, if I in this manner signaled, that my needs and way of playing was more important, than our NH. The fantastic thing about Hay Day is that it can be played in so many ways. Unfortunately SC has so far not managed to find a way to make that diversity work in the Valley. I am still a fan of an opt in option (unlike in the derby where you are in unless you actively opt out) instead. I think it could solve some of the issues with low active Valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by L26 View Post
    I have to say I would probably feel egotistical and feel like betraying my NH, if I in this manner signaled, that my needs and way of playing was more important, than our NH. The fantastic thing about Hay Day is that it can be played in so many ways. Unfortunately SC has so far not managed to find a way to make that diversity work in the Valley. I am still a fan of an opt in option (unlike in the derby where you are in unless you actively opt out) instead. I think it could solve some of the issues with low active Valleys.
    I beg to differ, friendship and business are different things. Ironically, I always feel I betrayed my friends when joining a neighborhood years ago and still do. I made friends via Game Center and forum, what made them not worthy for my goodies?

A few active Valley players in your hood might as well go to a different hood together for Valley matching then go back to original hood for business as usual. The cost of this one week of derby rewards for those who join. Or, they could take a full derby week in the new hood and can do both. 1 hood for Valley matching and 1 hood for everything else.

I aim to provide some support to those who seems "stuck" in their hood and have no place to go (like some solo players or mini farms). Finding a suitable hood is hard, let alone the one you know that will be Valley-oriented. Once more and more players are aware of techniques to play Valley efficiently, there will be no need for such hood anymore (just like derby with all the derby-related tips). I am far from wanting to snatch members for valley from hood that are already suffer from inactivity of other players. Infact, I hope that my experiment could help proven some of the techniques and encourage more players to play valley so when they are in my Valley, I can count on them .

I like that Valley has different mecanism than derby and let players contribute at different level. If I don't do derbies with my hood, that's not because I don't value derby rewards but because I don't share its brutal all or nothing spirit (all max point task or opt out). Me too, I had to choose between my ways of playing and my NH. Fotunately, I have a few mini's laying around to try different things.

Hi Meo. Iíll join as an active participant. I donít generally have any interest in owning the special decos but I always make sure I have the option to choose one if I change my mind. Iíll use my main farm. Iím having a bit of derby fatigue right now so itíll be a nice enforced break if it comes to that.

Just curious, Meo... if you don’t do derby, you cannot complete daily challenges that require you to complete one derby task?
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...