Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An event hood for Valley?

An event hood for Valley?

Yes, it's another Valley thread .

It's been a few season since Valley was introduced in the game, players have found themselves in all kind of Valley: super active Valley, semi-active Valley and for some, inactive Valley.

We don't have much information about how a hood got assigned to a Valley but we do know a few things:
    - the very first member from a hood who click on the Valley board will bring the whole hood in the same Valley
    - other members can earn sunpoints as soon as the hood got placed in one even if they don't visit the Valley yet
    - if a member leaves that hood afterwards, he/she stays in the same Valley

We also knows about a few things about chicken and how to "trigger' them as I posted on forum a few times. Road chicken will be more and more available towards the end of Seasons.

In the same spirit of Captain 3 thread or Smiley thread, I would like to share an idea:
    What if a few of us get together to create an ephemeral hood, have people join, and start the Valley together. Then eveyrone can resume their farming duty elsewhere while the Valley goes on. We won't really need communication (i.e. hood chat) if everyone follows a few tips and tricks about chicken and consistently gets to 100-spin (170 sunpoints in total). With about at least 5 active players who are Valley oriented, I believe there are chances to collect 100 chickens quite easily.

So, my question is:
    A/ If your Valley seems to be too inactive, and you have a chance to be in a Valley with other Valley-oriented players, will you do it?
    You will only need to be in the same Valley with others the day Valley starts, then you can go back to whatever hood you are familiar with.

B/ I cannot do it alone, so I am also looking for a few core members to ensure a minimum activities of the Valley. Making it easier for everyone.

I post this to gauge player interest about this idea and will give this about two weeks to brainstorm. If we have enough members interested, we could set things up (start a sign-up thread with requirements and rules) to prepare for the next Valley (given we know the start date). The current gap is about 3 weeks.

Please be advised that you might need to miss a derby rewards if Valley starts mid-week. And if we are lucky, it starts on a Monday with no issue, people can go back in time for derby.

Thanks for reading till here. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 12th, 2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley info : - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

The idea is very interesting, and I’m sure some farmers would love to participate in it.

My only problem is that I am the leader of my neighborhood. Most of my hoodies like to play in the Valley, so I personally would not use this technique, because we play well together already. But for other hoods, if the leader wants to do this, that could be tough with the whole demotion, promotion thing.

I don’t think it would be a large issue, just something I thought I would bring up. This is a cool concept though.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    I'm happy to join in, using one of my farms. This season I have had six farms in my neighbourhood's valley, and they all participated fully. One of them could easily join in this venture - I love an experiment!

Incidentally, I had a seventh farm also participating, but in a different valley. That was so very quiet, I hardly saw any other farmers' trucks. A few minutes ago - just hours before the season ends - I collected that valley's 51st chicken, so not very successful, I'm afraid.

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

While I would love to be in active valleys everytime, I would not want to let my hood down and that's what this would feel like for me :/ (me having only one farm I can't send my only account, sorry, but great idea for solo players maybe?)
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

You're suggesting a "carry" right? A few active people carry an entire hood through the chickens/animals?

Meo, great idea! Something "new" to try instead of the same-old, same-old! Thumbs up!

One of my minis will join, if its level is high enough for the NH. It'll be Valley discovery on a whole new level.

Edit: I'll be one of the active (core) members.
    Last edited by Glottis; February 12th, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

Ok i love the idea. Something for us on the thicc side: we join "our" valley together. Then what? Stick together in the same hood or part? We could make a small kik group to just stay in touch?
    Reminds me on those "PUGs" (PICK-UP GROUPS) from world of warcraft lol. Good times.

I'll detail my plan later for this to work and not just a place to carry the whole hood (nor the Valley). Been nurturing the idea since Sep. There will be requirements. It isn't meant to be another chore in the game.

Staying isn't required, one less issue of "enthusiast buyer" to deal with. For staying in touch when needed, I can be reached via kik or discord. If this idea evolves to something bigger, for the sake of organisation, discord will help tremendously with its collaboration feature. We will see .
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley info : - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Meo, can you make the valley season start tomorrow? I'll join the Valley NH right now if you do. I'll even pay you 1000 diamonds if you make it harder for Buligo to join.