Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An event hood for Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
    Meo, can you make the valley season start tomorrow? I'll join the Valley NH right now if you do. I'll even pay you 1000 diamonds if you make it harder for Buligo to join.
    Oh my, it's so nice to be popular and beloved, isn't it?
    Last edited by BULIGO; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:16 PM.

Count me in but as OutofIdeas said, I would have to join using my daughters farm since I am the leader of my hood. This becomes more difficult if a new Valley starts during an ongoing derby as the past several Valleys have.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:35 PM.

Meo, I have a little farm that does not derby, and often goes walk-about to help out friends when they need townies. I’d be happy to have her join a hood for the Valley.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

This sounds like great idea! I would like to join. Some valleys are very quiet with little activity which makes the experience lonely and boring after a while. It would be very refreshing to be in a valley with other enthusiastic players and possibly communicate directly with the other players.

Thanks for your attention, lovely to see this sparks discussion. Buligo, relieved to see you here. I'm sure we will never be short of wheat with your presence . I'll bring a cute bench with me in the Valley for you and Glottis to get acquainted .

For a reference, this kind of practice is very frequent on Clash of Clans where people would join a clan for some particular activities during days or weeks, meeting players around the world, learn Dutch and what not. I took part in a few of them in the past.

However, in Hay Day, when you leave a hood, there is a penalty time before you can join the next hood. Time increases as you leave more hoods during a set time frame. I should be able to find my list mades some years ago.

If you are in a semi-active hood, this gonna be complicated to move around thus leaving the hoodies with inactive Valley. You can however try to recruit Valley oriented member as a collaboration (player not required to stay). We can have this discussion in another thread to figure it out.

If we were to go ahead with the idea, for the very first edition of the community valley, I envision a few rules such as:

About Valley activities:
    - limited number: no more than 15 members in the hood when valley start, including core members
    - 3 group of members : a) those who can consistently earn 370 sun points per day (get to 200-spin), b) those who can log in the game regularly (like every 2h or so when they are awake), and c) those who can consistently earn at least 170 sun points per day (get to 100-spin) but suffer from inactive Valley
    - sign up via a thread that would be posted separately in Neighborhood discussion subforum (require farm tag, farm level, farm name...)
    - all signed up players join the hood the day before Valley starts and requested to stay until they can earn sun points (by checking the XP level -> 3rd tab). After that, they are free to go if they wish to
    - preferably to have members from around the world with different timezone
    - preferably no derby participation the week Valley starts (if you leave a hood mid derby, you lose rewards)
    - preferably player who doesn't have special rules when it comes to buying at their RSS. If they do, they will have to hold back 1 day and leave the Valley for their own good. Hood chat will eventually wipe out their presence so nobody would be able to visit the farm. Let us know in this case for better coordination.
    - a strategy regarding chicken: first 7 days: build up fuel, collect chicken if convenient only ; rest of the time: log in regularly for chicken, stay at strategic places, make use of fuel station
    - to keep in mind that "there will always be another chicken" and trust the team (Valley) to do their part --> I wouldn't recommend the team to travel far for a chicken.
    - no promise to fix your truck in time --> active players moving around = more truck break down in case you have a quest for it
    - no promise to complete group task if not convenient - again, "there will always be another chicken"
    - other strategies according to valley theme

For the fun of it, we would track daily chicken count for later reference. Hopefully, some goods strategies can be replicated in other hoods to level Valley activities of the player base.

About core members:
    - about 6 to 10 farms
    - active forum members - in case we need to coordinate via forum PM
    - either be active around the clock or earn lots of fuel daily (up to 370 sun points or more) (including free fuel from fuel station)
    Higher chance if you are a Tabby lover .

About player who would like to join:
    - be motivated by exclusive rewards - a proof of buying exclusive rewards might be required if we suspect abuse
    - minimum space in silo of 300 (?) or have support farms to help with crop task
    - minimum farm level 40 (?)
    - minimum 8 (?) spots open at the fishing lake
    - can manage stock of items Valley usually ask for or have support farms with these items

Some requirements might not be adopted (to be discussed), however the idea is to make sure the players have what they need to consistently reach 170 sun points or more with daily farming activities and can be quite independent for the Valley.

Once again, this is not to rule out other profiles, I simply prefer, in the first edition, to reduce the risk of too much low level players in the same Valley who struggle to earn fuel on their own. All of this is flexible and will be revised as the experiment goes on. The ultimate goal is to maintain/ensure a level of activities that let everyone contribute and enjoy valley.

Anything else I might forget?
    Last edited by meonhoc; 1 Week Ago at 09:28 PM. Reason: clarify "370 sunpoints"
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: SIGN-UP - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 141♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    ...If we were to go ahead with the idea, for the very first edition of the community valley, I envision a few rules such as:

About Valley activities:
    - limited number: no more than 15 members in the hood when valley start, including core members
    - 3 group of members : a) those who can consistently earn 370 sun points, b) those who can log in the game regularly (like every 2h or so when they are awake), and c) those who can consistently earn at least 170 sun points but suffer from inactive Valley
    - sign up via a thread that would be posted separately in Neighborhood discussion subforum (require farm tag, farm level, farm name...)
    First of all, thank you meonhoc for organizing the event which is fascinating to me. I have the following questions.

1. When you suggested 370 or 170 sun points as entrance requirements, do you mean per day or per the entire season?

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    ...About player who would like to join:
    - be motivated by exclusive rewards - a proof of buying exclusive rewards might be required if we suspect abuse..
    2. Where will we be permitted to discuss allegations of abuse?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 12, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:59 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I hope SC will consider the idea i posted over ideas and feature request to have an in-game valley chat. I'm probably asking too much as it may take lots of work but still crossing my finger that they'll consider it.

Hi Lynn,

The amount of sunpoints mentioned is per day, corresponding to 200-spin and 100-spin. I'll amended the post to make it clear.

As for abuse, right now I'm thinking of criteria when people sign up or limit participation in future Valley seasons. More details will be discussed with core team members in private for coordination. Ideally we won't need to go that far.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: SIGN-UP - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

No new posts?

Okay, I'll start sending some PM (to those who seems interested to join in this thread) pretty soon to prepare this.
    Watch your inbox!

Still not too late to chime in or ask question, please do

Hi meonhoc. I'd like to register my interest in your valley NH plan, I'm just considering the practicalities of what taking part would mean for my little NH that only has my own farms included in it.

For one, as you say, the derby would probably need to be forfeited that week, but only my main farm does derby, so that would mean dropping to the bottom league.

Anyway, I'm interested & will have a proper (serious face) think about it. 🤔...😁