Thread: Coronavirus Affecting Response Time from Player Support

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

Coronavirus Affecting Response Time from Player Support

So I tapped the Player Support button by accident and saw the following advisory:

"Due to the special circumstances of the Coronavirus and to fully comply with the relevant measures of government guidelines to prevent and control spreading the epidemic, we have temporarily reduced the availability of our China-based Player Support team. Due to this, it may take longer to reply to you during this period. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your support and understanding!"

If I understand the above correctly, Chinese players are affected but not worldwide players because Supercell has Player Support teams in other countries?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    Februay 11, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 08:52 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

(Speculation) It all comes down to language.

Whatever the language that China-based Player Support team takes care of (and the volume of it), player using affected language in-game could experience slow time when they contact Support.

If you see the message in english, english speaking player could also be affected regardless where they are.

Edit: just checked, haven't seen the same warning in several other in-game languages.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 1 Week Ago at 09:06 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    (Speculation) It all comes down to language.

Whatever the language that China-based Player Support team takes care of (and the volume of it), player using affected language in-game could experience slow time when they contact Support.

If you see the message in english, english speaking player could also be affected regardless where they are.

Edit: just checked, haven't seen the same warning in several other in-game languages.
    Hi meonhoc and everyone,

You may be right about your speculation on language. Maybe the Player Support team based in China are bilingual in Chinese and English so questions about game from English-speaking players like me may be directed to China.

I understand the precautions the Chinese government is taking to contain the *COVID-19 pandemic by prohibiting large groups of people from gathering in a professional or social setting. So I'm speculating that the Player Support team based in China isn't fully staffed in accordance to government regulations.

I hope some Chinese couples didn't plan their wedding banquets to take place around this time because they'll be cancelled.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 12, 2020

*Formal name of the Coronavirus given by the World Health Organization
    https://time.com/5782284/who-name-coronavirus-covid-19/
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 02:18 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Delays are more than acceptable and understood in this situation. Clearly that virus is no joke and it is best that people protect themselves against such. Thanks for the info Lynn. Would have never thought of that had I had reason to contact support.