Thread: Maintenance Fee

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

Maintenance Fee

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...l-250-What-now
    The recent above post by Sooty123, a level 250 player, provides the inspiration for the following idea so thank you Sooty123.

Since high level players use their machines often, it's remarkable to me that they're still running at 100% efficiency. Team Hay Day should motivate high level players like me to play often by charging us a maintenance fee to maintain our machines at maximum efficiency. Every 24 hours, their efficiency will decrease by 1% unless players pay coins for Max the Machine Maintenance Man (get it?).

If high level players choose to ignore the warnings to use MMMM's services, the machines' efficiency will drop as low as 33% after 67 days and the machines will have one star. Players must earn second star again by paying MMM daily until efficiency reaches 66%. The third star will be earned by increasing efficiency to 100%.

Team Hay Day may repurpose an NPC from the Town for MMMM.

---
    Storming beaches to lower the BOOM on NPCs and fellow Boomers,

Lynn D. Hammer
    Februay 10, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 12th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Forum Champion
    Why ? I understand you want to create a new goal but there is no achievement and reward to achievement in your proposal. One more achievement, like hire MMM for x hours or y times will soon be met by high level players, possibly even before they complete other achievements (or worse, at the same time).

While high machine efficiency is an advantage it's not a game changer. It's a rare circumstance where machine efficiency (ie reduced times) affects my ability to complete an in-game task.

Additionally, a maintenance fee means little to a high level player. Even a sub 100 player like me has more gold than I can spend. Throw in minis and if gold is short, a player will buy and sell at suitable prices to a mini and "transfer" gold.

Only major new content will give the highest level players new challenges.

What level farm would you suggest this become implemented ?

There were similar farming/simulation games back when Hayday came out, they had a penalty for not giving due attention to the farm/game. Things would expire or spoil or <something bad>. i think Hayday deliberately avoid that type of game design, which i believe is one reason for its success/popularity. The time pressure on that penalty mechanism was just no fun.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; February 11th, 2020 at 08:45 AM.

as a high level player, no thanks.

Not sure I see this as achievement or goal, feels like more of a punishment. I agree that it would be nice to have something to look forward to being a higher level player, but this just doesn't seem appropriate. Just my opinion. This is by no means a disrespect to you Lynn. You have very creative ideas and help suggestions for all of us who have posted on these forums.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by RescueSquad15 View Post
    Not sure I see this as achievement or goal, feels like more of a punishment. I agree that it would be nice to have something to look forward to being a higher level player, but this just doesn't seem appropriate. Just my opinion. This is by no means a disrespect to you Lynn. You have very creative ideas and help suggestions for all of us who have posted on these forums.
    Thank you RescueSquad15 for the kind words. I never perceive disrespect when posters disagree with me or my ideas because feedback from posters help me to refine and clarify my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    ...Additionally, a maintenance fee means little to a high level player. Even a sub 100 player like me has more gold than I can spend. Throw in minis and if gold is short, a player will buy and sell at suitable prices to a mini and "transfer" gold.

Only major new content will give the highest level players new challenges.

What level farm would you suggest this become implemented ?
    I'd like to suggest my "roadblock" will appear when players gained over 20 million coins like me. In one scenario Max the Machine Maintenance Man (MMMM) will ask me if I'd like to maintain my Candy Machine at the current efficiency of 100% for a significant amount of gold. I tap yes because it takes about 20 hours for me to make jelly beans and that's too long already.

When I log in about 24 hours later, MMMM will ask me if I'd like to maintain my Jam Maker at the current efficiency of 100% for a significant amount of gold. I tap yes because it takes about 7 hours for me to make black berry jams and that's too long already.

When I log in about 24 hours later, MMMM will ask me which machine would I like to maintain: the Candy Machine or Jam Maker? Eventually, when I log in, I must decide which of my machines should receive maintenance because MMMM may work on one machine at a time and the maintenance cycle takes 24 hours to complete.

My idea adds a new level of management in this resource management game, so it'll be a new challenge for me if implemented by Team Hay Day.

Make it so, Team Hay Day.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    Februay 11, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 12th, 2020 at 09:49 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Millennial Club
    No thanks, I don’t want obstacles added.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

thanks, but no ... very very bad idea ... achievements are facultative ... so better idea ... achievements, you love, you do, you don't love, you do something else ... that 's all ...
    Farm 144 ... Town 45 My goal is to have my level 150 with my town at 50 ... yeah crazy