Thread: Understanding The Scoring System

Fresh Spawn

Understanding The Scoring System

Hi all,

I recently returned to the game after a very long hiatus. I started participating in derbies weekly and the scores always looked straight forward, i.e. if I took only hard tasks in professional league max scores were 2560 (8*320). Then I made it up to the champions league a few weeks back and ended 14th so got demoted. The next week I was demoted again and this week (playing the professional league) I realised first place won 5600 points (mystery derby but you'd think it should be 3200 points max)!

I'm struggling to understand am I being scored individually or as a neighbourhood . I don't think my neighbourhood is active as chat is quiet and has been since I've joined. If so, how do I find an active neighbourhood to take me in?

Thank you in advance

Centennial Club
    If your in a neighborhood it's the total score of all that are opted into derby. If your unhappy in that neighborhood try going to "I'm looking for neighborhood ". Read a few and then write a post about what your looking for in a neighborhood; or go to other section when neighborhoods post what they expect out of team mates. Good luck in your search.. might have to try a few to find a good fit .

Is it possible that someone else in your nh was opted in and did not complete any tasks? (matching you with another multiple player neighborhood). Even though this derby has ended, you might want to look at the members tab from your nh house and see if anyone else shows as "In Derby".

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL82 View Post
    Hi all,

I recently returned to the game after a very long hiatus. I started participating in derbies weekly and the scores always looked straight forward, i.e. if I took only hard tasks in professional league max scores were 2560 (8*320). Then I made it up to the champions league a few weeks back and ended 14th so got demoted. The next week I was demoted again and this week (playing the professional league) I realised first place won 5600 points (mystery derby but you'd think it should be 3200 points max)!

I'm struggling to understand am I being scored individually or as a neighbourhood . I don't think my neighbourhood is active as chat is quiet and has been since I've joined. If so, how do I find an active neighbourhood to take me in?

Thank you in advance
    MKL, you definitely are not the only one in your neighbourhood who opted in to play derby. In the Mystery Derby, the Mystery tasks were 400 pts each. Maximum points would be 10x400 =4000 pts.(You take the 10th task by using 10 diamonds.) You said the hood that won 1st place had 5600 pts. That means that hood had more than one player. Your hood is matched with other hoods with the same number of people opting in, so your hood also had more than one player.

You may not be aware that you can read about what kind of derby it will be the day before it starts, before the News announcement at the top left hand corner of your screen. If you go to the derby box and tap on the "?" at the top, then skip to #7, it will tell you what kind of derby is coming up the next day....or you can wait until the announcement is made in the News. For the Mystery Derby, it tells you that the Mystery tasks are 400 pts each, not 320.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL82 View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you in advance
    MKL, to tell how many in your hood had opted in, other than going to the neighbourhood house, you can also go to chat and at the top there are 3 tabs. The 3rd tab (with a horseshoe icon), shows you how many are opted in and how many tasks the others have completed. You can see that only if you, yourself, have opted in.

To avoid being demoted, you must stay above the bottom three. Usually you are matched against 14 other hoods (total of 15 hoods) and your hood has to be above #13. It's quite competitive in the Champion League. It's best to be in a hood where members chat and can help each other through the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    MKL, you definitely are not the only one in your neighbourhood who opted in to play derby. In the Mystery Derby, the Mystery tasks were 400 pts each. Maximum points would be 10x400 =4000 pts.(You take the 10th task by using 10 diamonds.) You said the hood that won 1st place had 5600 pts. That means that hood had more than one player. Your hood is matched with other hoods with the same number of people opting in, so your hood also had more than one player.

You may not be aware that you can read about what kind of derby it will be the day before it starts, before the News announcement at the top left hand corner of your screen. If you go to the derby box and tap on the "?" at the top, then skip to #7, it will tell you what kind of derby is coming up the next day....or you can wait until the announcement is made in the News. For the Mystery Derby, it tells you that the Mystery tasks are 400 pts each, not 320.
    Keep in mind the OP stated they were in the Professional League (not Champs) during this last Mystery Derby, so they could only complete 8 tasks total- 400 pts x 8 tasks = 3200 pts.

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Fresh Spawn
    Thanks for all your replies. I'm still somewhat confused how first place scored 5600 points, was that the joint effort?
    As Thaos mentioned, I was indeed in the Professional League so max points to my understanding were 3200 (400*8, after purchasing an extra task).
    I did check the neighbourhood and saw no one else in the derby but myself, which makes me even more confused.
    I will take you guys up on your offer and look for a new N/H.