Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thanks SC for the very pretty new Valentineís Decor

  1. #21
    New Bloke/Chick carlie82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    49
    Im kinda hoping too that we will get it anyway but that Alfred just won’t show up sighhh

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    I keep logging in to see if Alfred brought it anyway, but no luck so far. The bench is beautiful. If it was made available to buy with diamonds I would buy it.
    i can’t remember the last time decor was made available to buy for diamonds. I’ve played for years, and I remember when it was. Supercell was still quite stingy with how often decor came out (I suppose I am spoiled with how much new content Smurf’s Village creators offer), but at least it wasn’t always tied up in diamond packages. Smurf’s a Village has a healthy balance — new decor for in-game coins, new decor for smurfberries, and new decor tied with smurfberry packages you purchase with real money.

    A company actively involved in creating new content would’ve made each threshold prize one of the items in the new diamond packages — first tier, you win 5 fences. Second tier, 5 more fences. Next, the bench. Next, the flowers. Global prize could’ve been the swan statue. Then, make another valentines decor that is tied to diamond purchase.
    Last edited by Nestof3; 1 Week Ago at 02:01 PM.
    KIK: nestof3
    Farm Level 176
    Town Level 49

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestof3 View Post
    i can’t remember the last time decor was made available to buy for diamonds. I’ve played for years, and I remember when it was. Supercell was still quite stingy with how often decor came out (I suppose I am spoiled with how much new content Smurf’s Village creators offer), but at least it wasn’t always tied up in diamond packages. Smurf’s a Village has a healthy balance — new decor for in-game coins, new decor for smurfberries, and new decor tied with smurfberry packages you purchase with real money.

    A company actively involved in creating new content would’ve made each threshold prize one of the items in the new diamond packages — first tier, you win 5 fences. Second tier, 5 more fences. Next, the bench. Next, the flowers. Global prize could’ve been the swan statue. Then, make another valentines decor that is tied to diamond purchase.
    I agree with this completely, and with the earlier point made about the time and resources used in making a deco that no one can obtain.

  4. #24
    Super Member AsYouWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    ❤️
    Posts
    805
    I splurged on the flowers (favorite) and statue - thank you, SC - they are lovely.
    I do dislike fishing, but worked hard on it, even though in real life we had a burst pipe and I’ve been sleepless for 3 days cleaning up from that.

    The big question is, why design the event, so you have to work through the entire day of celebration, to have a chance to get the deco? Most of us would rather enjoy our real life Valentines, dinner out, time for cuddles, etc. - instead of frantically trying to catch digital fish.
    (Since my Valentine and I were mopping and cleaning, and postponing our Valentine’s Day, we didn’t miss out as much.)

    For events like this, I would love to see decos at each stage of the event (instead of vouchers, mining tools, etc...).

    Please SC, I beg you dear hearts, have mercy on us and have events planned ahead so they finish 1 or 2 days before the actual holiday - so most players have fun celebrating in game prior, and can enjoy their decos and accomplishment, and enjoy real life on the actual day of the celebration. (Having the event finish before the day of celebration stops the continuing distress of being forced to choose between SC and Real Life. SC will always lose.)

    It might get more players involved if popular activities were the event: perhaps include a variety of choices of activities within the event (like you do during the Derby and Valley). You could have field-planted crops count as so many points toward the total event goal, so many production items made, so many helps done,... let the whole community participate in ways they are able to, within a decent - obtainable goal.

    I’m not certain what to say about the minimum level of earned points required to be in the winning. I liked that SC instituted it, since before we were carrying everyone who just contributed a tiny bit. I think most players stop as soon as they reach the “you’re in” level - and often it stops momentum pressing forward in the event as apparently the majority of the players drop out - leaving the rest of us to stagger under the weight - carrying everyone else to the finish line.

    It is a game, (I just need to remember that as I pour my heart out). I hope this post makes sense, lack of sleep makes it seem as if I’m writing in Swahili.
    Sending Post-Valentine’s Day love to you all - because we need to keep the flame of Love alive in all hearts, everyday
    Last edited by AsYouWish; 1 Week Ago at 03:46 PM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

  5. #25
    I am a little disappointed in not receiving the global reward. Although I understand that we must meet a final total, I have to wonder why the event lasted through Valentine's day. I think that had it started and ended a day earlier we may have been able to reach the goal. I also think (and this is just my opinion) had the event been a global help event we may have reached it regardless of start/end. Also, help events give little hearts on the screen once you help someone..that kind of resembles more of Valentine's day. Oh well, better luck next year.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by RescueSquad15 View Post
    I am a little disappointed in not receiving the global reward. Although I understand that we must meet a final total, I have to wonder why the event lasted through Valentine's day. I think that had it started and ended a day earlier we may have been able to reach the goal. I also think (and this is just my opinion) had the event been a global help event we may have reached it regardless of start/end. Also, help events give little hearts on the screen once you help someone..that kind of resembles more of Valentine's day. Oh well, better luck next year.
    Interesting. I'm glad I found this post and your comment. I was wondering where my exclusive Valentine decoration was since I completed the fishing event but I didn't realize it was based on a "final" total. That stinks! I worked so hard to make sure I completed it thinking I would receive something. Well, now I know for next time.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    474
    i agree with everything you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    I splurged on the flowers (favorite) and statue - thank you, SC - they are lovely.
    I do dislike fishing, but worked hard on it, even though in real life we had a burst pipe and Iíve been sleepless for 3 days cleaning up from that.

    The big question is, why design the event, so you have to work through the entire day of celebration, to have a chance to get the deco? Most of us would rather enjoy our real life Valentines, dinner out, time for cuddles, etc. - instead of frantically trying to catch digital fish.
    (Since my Valentine and I were mopping and cleaning, and postponing our Valentineís Day, we didnít miss out as much.)

    For events like this, I would love to see decos at each stage of the event (instead of vouchers, mining tools, etc...).

    Please SC, I beg you dear hearts, have mercy on us and have events planned ahead so they finish 1 or 2 days before the actual holiday - so most players have fun celebrating in game prior, and can enjoy their decos and accomplishment, and enjoy real life on the actual day of the celebration. (Having the event finish before the day of celebration stops the continuing distress of being forced to choose between SC and Real Life. SC will always lose.)

    It might get more players involved if popular activities were the event: perhaps include a variety of choices of activities within the event (like you do during the Derby and Valley). You could have field-planted crops count as so many points toward the total event goal, so many production items made, so many helps done,... let the whole community participate in ways they are able to, within a decent - obtainable goal.

    Iím not certain what to say about the minimum level of earned points required to be in the winning. I liked that SC instituted it, since before we were carrying everyone who just contributed a tiny bit. I think most players stop as soon as they reach the ďyouíre inĒ level - and often it stops momentum pressing forward in the event as apparently the majority of the players drop out - leaving the rest of us to stagger under the weight - carrying everyone else to the finish line.

    It is a game, (I just need to remember that as I pour my heart out). I hope this post makes sense, lack of sleep makes it seem as if Iím writing in Swahili.
    Sending Post-Valentineís Day love to you all - because we need to keep the flame of Love alive in all hearts, everyday
    KIK: nestof3
    Farm Level 176
    Town Level 49

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    474
    One of my neighbors didn’t know that there was a need to keep fishing once she reached her personal goal. So, I guess more explanations could be beneficial.

    Also, I’ve tried teaching my neighbors how to catch the large fish.

    https://youtu.be/Fzom5DRZqyA
    KIK: nestof3
    Farm Level 176
    Town Level 49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •