Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A bug that made my clan loose the League

A bug that made my clan loose the League

Last League was the worst ever for my Clan!
    In the previous one we suffered so much the new entry of TH13s, in fact we arrived at the last position of a Master III League and go down to Crystal I. But for this one we decided to recruit only TH13 and strong TH12, 15 players with good war abilities (+ 4 additional players).
    Since from the first war we started well: we won all the first 5 wars with a good amount of stars, only 1 clan was playing like us, just a few stars under.
    In the war #6 we had the big match: 1st clan (mine) VS the 2nd. We were playing a good war, 2 or 3 stars above with same number of attacks, we were thinking that even that war could be win by us..... BUT the bug was coming...
    One of my friend were looking the base 10, studying the best strategy to get 3 stars from it, then he pressed the button "ATTACK" and... SURPRISE! He started attacking the base 12 which had already been attacked from another player before, taking 2 stars! All of us were so shocked! First of all, we were a little bit angry with our friend, even if we know that it's possible to misclick something... but when it happened again to another player (looking always base 10, attacking base 12 after clicking the button "ATTACK") we understood: that wasn't a misclick, that was a stupid BUG.
    To be noted also that no alert message appeared to both my friends, this bug was very "unkind" also because we missed so much the stars not earned by them and loose the war #6.
    In the last war we tried to recover the missing stars but that wasn't enough
    I already wrote to Support, I hope that SC will fix this bug as soon as possible, because it so frustrating to lose a league in this way
    Last edited by Kuzzo; February 10th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzzo View Post
    One of my friend were looking the base 10, studying the best strategy to get 3 stars from it, then he pressed the button "ATTACK" and... SURPRISE! He started attacking the base 12 which had already been attacked from another player before, taking 2 stars! All of us were so shocked! First of all, we were a little bit angry with our friend, even if we know that it's possible to misclick something... but when it happened again to another player (looking always base 10, attacking base 12 after clicking the button "ATTACK") we understood: that wasn't a misclick, that was a stupid BUG.
    My guess is that both misclicked due to the cwl ui. The townhalls are very near and many have reported that icons are overlaying but sc still hasnt changed that to make more space between town halls.
    Look at the pic → 10 and 12 are very near and with stars above on it the buttons would be eoverlayed → cause misclick. Thos misclick hapoened to me as well but i noticed it at scouting.

To be noted also that no alert message appeared to both my friends, this bug was very "unkind" also because we missed so much the stars not earned by them and loose the war #6.
    In the last war we tried to recover the missing stars but that wasn't enough
    I already wrote to Support, I hope that SC will fix this bug as soon as possible, because it so frustrating to lose a league in this way
    Maybe they were too fast in skipping the notification.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    Is it a bug or is it just a careless lack of observation by the people that were trying to attack base 10 because when you press attack it brings up a message a long lines of this base has been attacked and 2 stars gained are you sure you want to attack . So they had to confirm they wanted to attack that base had they read the message correctly they could of cancelled then tried again being more careful to click the right base. Or another option is these 2 players know each other and deliberatly cost you the war that kind of thing does happen in my clans last war we had a player waste a attack on purpose then laugh on chat thankfully we still won the war and that base got kicked both of these things are more likely then a bug that only effected just your clan as bugs are usually widespread
    Not a spammer nor a toxic person just a forum friendly guy who likes to chat about all things clash of clans and hayday

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Is it a bug or is it just a careless lack of observation by the people that were trying to attack base 10 because when you press attack it brings up a message a long lines of this base has been attacked and 2 stars gained are you sure you want to attack .
    Exactly this. There is always a warning when a base has already been attacked. To avoid problems with misclicks, I always attack from the scout screen. That way I'm always looking at the layout I'm about to attack.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Fresh Spawn
    Is it a bug or is it just a careless lack of observation by the people that were trying to attack base 10 because when you press attack it brings up a message a long lines of this base has been attacked and 2 stars gained are you sure you want to attack . So they had to confirm they wanted to attack that base had they read the message correctly they could of cancelled then tried again being more careful to click the right base. Or another option is these 2 players know each other and deliberatly cost you the war that kind of thing does happen in my clans last war we had a player waste a attack on purpose then laugh on chat thankfully we still won the war and that base got kicked both of these things are more likely then a bug that only effected just your clan as bugs are usually widespread
    Hi mrlik the two Players who had this bug was two historical members of our clan so it is impossible ....

Thanks for your answers, I'd like to clarify why I'm sure we are speaking about a bug.
    After the first "wrong" attack we were a little worried to lose the war, we were still above of 1 stars but with the last attacks the other clan could go ahead. Therefore the second player (one of the oldest member of my clan, so I trust in him without any doubt) used max attention to avoid any misclick like the other player before.
    He assure that he was scouting base 10 (no yet attacked by anyone before), no stars on the right bottom part of the screen, so he was looking the correct base. Then after pressing "ATTACK" the screen changed as usual but instead of base 10 he found base 12 ready to be attacked. Moreover he assure that NO alert message appeared. I repeat that we are speaking of an adult, very serious and reliable player, I trust in him.
    Just another thing to consider: I suffered the same bug on myself during a normal war, in that case I thought it was my mistake, but after last league I don't think the same now.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Exactly this. There is always a warning when a base has already been attacked. To avoid problems with misclicks, I always attack from the scout screen. That way I'm always looking at the layout I'm about to attack.
    They had not recieved the warning...and we can trust in them so...it is a terrible bug cause it cause a damage to our clan cause we can promote to master again...

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeko View Post
    They had not recieved the warning...and we can trust in them so...it is a terrible bug cause it cause a damage to our clan cause we can promote to master again...
    I understand what you're saying (and I should add that we're not player support here, we're just players), but I have strong doubts. There are other report where players accidentally tapped on village 12 when they meant to tap on village 10 or vice versa. However, the warning message about already being attacked does come up. You seasoned clanmates must tapped through it without it registering in their minds.

Like these:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOtter246 View Post
    We have an issue of a player mistakenly take a base that’s already been three starred in CWL. It’s seems it’s the close proximity of bases #10 and #12. It happen twice in our last CWL season, and several times throughout prior seasons.
    Or, perhaps, use the template of regular war for CWL wars? We’ve not had that issue pop up in regular wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    Hi,

in this week‘s 30vs30 CwL we have been experiencing problems with getting the right base highlighted when clicked.
    It seems the definition area for activating a base b4 scouting/attacking is a tad off, because where THs are displayed close together on the war map, you get the Th below the one you click on, and it can happen that in the hyped ‚lets go’ situation, you accidentally attack the wrong base !!!

Heres a pic:

When clicking the circled area for base #10, you actually get base #12 !!!
    (My device is an i-pad4, but I believe this an issue for any device.)

Please have a look at how the activating areas are defined.
    Thanks

Have Fun
    TS
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKER44 View Post
    Ok word of warning to sleepy fat fingered early morning war attackers. Be carful when choosing base 7 and 12 or 5 and 7. I hit a base already cleared this moring when I went to select base 10. Base 12 is so close to it I accidentally selected it. Good thing its just CWL and our match is ridiculously lopsided in our favor.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; February 10th, 2020 at 10:30 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    I understand what you're saying (and I should add that we're not player support here, we're just players), but I have strong doubts. There are other report where players accidentally tapped on village 12 when they meant to tap on village 10 or vice versa. However, the warning message about already being attacked does come up. You seasoned clanmates must tapped through it without it registering in their minds.

Like these:
    Thanks SharkyFinn,
    it's clear that there is something wrong, I see that other players suffered a similar problem like us but there is a difference between what has been reported from them and what happened to my clan. The difference is that our player didn't clicked the base from the map after scouting, they just clicked "ATTACK" from the scout view and they are sure they were scouting the correct base, first of all because the base 10 was still without attacks and second because they had a different layout. Moreover they are sure that no alert message appeared, especially the second player which was using all the caution to avoid the same "misclick" (that was what we were thinking before the second bug appearance), therefore I'm sure that there wasn't any tap on the alert message without registering in his mind.

Btw, I will continue to monitoring this situation in my clan, all my players have been advised to attack "slow" and report to me if we find again the same bug.

Bug, wrong village was attacked

In cwl 2 collegues claim they attempted attack on number 10 but insted village nr 12 was attacked. So we have 3 attacks all with 3* and wasted 2 attacks and lost 6 easy *. Our clan tag #9UY9GP9R second war of current cwl opponent 10/12