Thread: How to fix a rushed bh base

How to fix a rushed bh base

I recently started taking the builder hall base seriously after neglecting it for so long. My aim is to max it out as fast as possible (the otto is my goal to fo this).

As a rushed builder hall 9 (really rushed) at 3300 trophies I was wondering if what is the most efficient way to reach max with otto.

I have max lvl 18 baby dragons and almost every other troop is under lvl 10. They work very well and it is my weak defense that lets me down. My battle machine is lvl 6 (horrendous to be a quite honest).

What is the most efficient way to get otto? Should I neglect my lab with lvl 6 cannon carts and get battle machine to 30 or keep lab busy?

Should I upgrade defenses evenly or only do the heavy defenses (multi mortar is lvl7 and mega tesla is lvl 1)?

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by calebMcF View Post
    God was experimenting with words, he tried "let there be ♥♥♥♥" and accidentally created general.

If otto is your goal, max mega tesla first for defenses. Then roaster. Then just pick defenses you can afford but dont stress them. I would suggest doing carts and then maybe giants in lab to give you another attack combo but you could just do carts and then bm. Dont forget you have to do the gear ups so if you havent already, you are going to need a mortar leveled up to be able to gear up one on main. That means 2 weeks of no builder on bh. Strongly suggest using a book.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

First and foremost, you need to stop thinking about how to “fix”your rushed base. On the BB, rushing is the name of the game - you get to the top BH level to become the strongest player you can be as quickly as possible. Once there, you just need to develop a strategy for upgrading things that caters to your playstyle.

Baby Dragons would not have been my choice for a key attack. Are you any good with them? (Good = 65%, 2-stars, or better and consistently so.) You may find you really need a stronger attack strat to make your play. Decent combos include things like Minion Drops, Super PEKKA with Cannon Carts (PEKKA. Arts), Giants with Cannon Carts (GiCarts), Raged Barbarians with Cannon Carts (Bart), even Bomber and Raged Barbarians (Bombarian). The question is really where your preference lies. Since you say you want OTTO, then it may make sense to work on something like Bart - RBs are fairly cheap and fast to upgrade, and CCs are part of the OTTO upgrade path.

Defense itself is less important than offense for daily play, but you’ll need to upgrade the right defenses to perform HV gear ups. Ideally, you want to get everything up to about level 5 then focus on key defenses and the OTTO upgrade path. You can focus strictly on the OTTO related upgrades but you’ll get frustrated quickly.

On the Battle Machine...he’s not important for your attacks, so I would put him off to the end of your OTTO related upgrades - get the CCs upgraded to L18 first. If I were you, I would probably pour elixir into RBs, then CCs, THEN work on the BM.

The monthly season pass with Builder resource runes will help, as will the % discounts on upgrades.

What’s your player ID?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

If your goal is Otto, then don't bother "fixing" the base, just upgrade the things for Otto. It's easy to get plenty of gold and elixir to keep your builder going 24/7 - don't waste any time on upgrades other than battle machine to 30 / mega tesla to 9 / mortar to 8 / carts to 18, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    If otto is your goal, max mega tesla first for defenses. Then roaster. Then just pick defenses you can afford but dont stress them. I would suggest doing carts and then maybe giants in lab to give you another attack combo but you could just do carts and then bm. Dont forget you have to do the gear ups so if you havent already, you are going to need a mortar leveled up to be able to gear up one on main. That means 2 weeks of no builder on bh. Strongly suggest using a book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    First and foremost, you need to stop thinking about how to “fix”your rushed base. On the BB, rushing is the name of the game - you get to the top BH level to become the strongest player you can be as quickly as possible. Once there, you just need to develop a strategy for upgrading things that caters to your playstyle.

Baby Dragons would not have been my choice for a key attack. Are you any good with them? (Good = 65%, 2-stars, or better and consistently so.) You may find you really need a stronger attack strat to make your play. Decent combos include things like Minion Drops, Super PEKKA with Cannon Carts (PEKKA. Arts), Giants with Cannon Carts (GiCarts), Raged Barbarians with Cannon Carts (Bart), even Bomber and Raged Barbarians (Bombarian). The question is really where your preference lies. Since you say you want OTTO, then it may make sense to work on something like Bart - RBs are fairly cheap and fast to upgrade, and CCs are part of the OTTO upgrade path.

Defense itself is less important than offense for daily play, but you’ll need to upgrade the right defenses to perform HV gear ups. Ideally, you want to get everything up to about level 5 then focus on key defenses and the OTTO upgrade path. You can focus strictly on the OTTO related upgrades but you’ll get frustrated quickly.

On the Battle Machine...he’s not important for your attacks, so I would put him off to the end of your OTTO related upgrades - get the CCs upgraded to L18 first. If I were you, I would probably pour elixir into RBs, then CCs, THEN work on the BM.

The monthly season pass with Builder resource runes will help, as will the % discounts on upgrades.

What’s your player ID?
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    If your goal is Otto, then don't bother "fixing" the base, just upgrade the things for Otto. It's easy to get plenty of gold and elixir to keep your builder going 24/7 - don't waste any time on upgrades other than battle machine to 30 / mega tesla to 9 / mortar to 8 / carts to 18, etc
    Thanks for your feedback, in regards to the gearing up of the mortar I will definitely use a book of building to speed it up.

Baby dragons work extremely well, I usually get 100% with 4-5 baby dragons left, this shows how weak my defenses are.

My player I.D is #PVV9UQP9

This may help you understand my situation better.

Your first decision is whether you simply want to get OTTO or you want to max your game. Myself, I donít worry about OTTO until I am further along; most of my BB games are casual play and I only focus on a few. I have him on 3 at the moment. I want the 6th Builder but itís not as important for casually played games. I would not just run the minimum upgrades to get OTTO, but you could do so by dumping all Gold into the required defenses, all Elixir into CCs then BM, and booking the gear ups to keep the MB working on your BB.

Iím going to assume you want to eventually max the BB and that you want to advance through the trophy rankings to get better loot.

Understand that the BB is not a maxerís game - you get ahead by rushing to the top then bringing your game along in a balanced fashion. Each defense (or group of defenses) is particularly effective against certain troops. Once you have things balanced out, you will defend better for your particular level; bump things up again, you advance several hundred more trophies in the rankings (which, of course, means more loot from your daily 3). Lather, rinse, repeat.

The first thing I would do is get every defense to at least L5. Once there, youíll stop seeing some 3-stars against your game, but youíll still be hanging out around 3300-3500 trophies because thatís where mid-level defending BH9s best fit. Next, look at whatís attacking you and upgrade against it. Lots of players like NWs in the low to mid 3000s. I see you are upgrading your MultiMortar - that will do well against NW attacks. Getting the FireCrackers upgraded will help with the bats. If your mines and traps are still low, get those upgraded to help out further. If enemy BMs or CCs are a major issue, get the Double Cannons upgraded. (You get the idea.) My thoughts...everything to L5, then key defenses to L7 (MM, Roaster, GC, LL, MT), MT to L9, then remaining everything to L6, L7, key defenses to L9, everything to L8, then L9. I usually work on mines/traps in between other, bigger upgrades.

Consider your base layout - does it play well to the strengths of your defense and the types of attacks you see most? If one base isnít working one day, switch to another a while.

Youíre going to need to max those storages to finish off the CCs and MT. I do mine early just to have them out of the way.

I donít think BDs will carry you much beyond 3500 cups, but youíre not going to get far beyond that for a while anyway, so if they work well for you, then start working on maxing CCs. You really only need one key attack for the short term and if BDs work for you, then thatís good enough. As soon as CCs hit L18, then start the BM grind OR finish off RBs to L18 first then knock out the BM.

For walls, I get them all to L3 with Gold, then I use Wall Rings to get them to L5 (all to L4 then all to L5). I donít upgrade walls any further until I have all buildings to L9 or have spare WRs.

If you want to see an example near to your game, take a gander at my Clash Maniac game (#989YCGGJ8). Heís a little further ahead than you, but youíll quickly get a feeling for how I laid it out. My key troops are Beta Minions until I hit BH9; next I max Drop Ships, then I just ďintelligently spamĒ Minion Drops. This gets me in the 3500-4000 cup range pretty quickly. I play most of my games very casually, so they stay low in the cups by design. I am rarely 3-starred though. If I focus on a single game, progress is much quicker. I use the same, general rushing plan on all my games.

HTH...!
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Your first decision is whether you simply want to get OTTO or you want to max your game. Myself, I donít worry about OTTO until I am further along; most of my BB games are casual play and I only focus on a few. I have him on 3 at the moment. I want the 6th Builder but itís not as important for casually played games. I would not just run the minimum upgrades to get OTTO, but you could do so by dumping all Gold into the required defenses, all Elixir into CCs then BM, and booking the gear ups to keep the MB working on your BB.

Iím going to assume you want to eventually max the BB and that you want to advance through the trophy rankings to get better loot.

Understand that the BB is not a maxerís game - you get ahead by rushing to the top then bringing your game along in a balanced fashion. Each defense (or group of defenses) is particularly effective against certain troops. Once you have things balanced out, you will defend better for your particular level; bump things up again, you advance several hundred more trophies in the rankings (which, of course, means more loot from your daily 3). Lather, rinse, repeat.

The first thing I would do is get every defense to at least L5. Once there, youíll stop seeing some 3-stars against your game, but youíll still be hanging out around 3300-3500 trophies because thatís where mid-level defending BH9s best fit. Next, look at whatís attacking you and upgrade against it. Lots of players like NWs in the low to mid 3000s. I see you are upgrading your MultiMortar - that will do well against NW attacks. Getting the FireCrackers upgraded will help with the bats. If your mines and traps are still low, get those upgraded to help out further. If enemy BMs or CCs are a major issue, get the Double Cannons upgraded. (You get the idea.) My thoughts...everything to L5, then key defenses to L7 (MM, Roaster, GC, LL, MT), MT to L9, then remaining everything to L6, L7, key defenses to L9, everything to L8, then L9. I usually work on mines/traps in between other, bigger upgrades.

Consider your base layout - does it play well to the strengths of your defense and the types of attacks you see most? If one base isnít working one day, switch to another a while.

Youíre going to need to max those storages to finish off the CCs and MT. I do mine early just to have them out of the way.

I donít think BDs will carry you much beyond 3500 cups, but youíre not going to get far beyond that for a while anyway, so if they work well for you, then start working on maxing CCs. You really only need one key attack for the short term and if BDs work for you, then thatís good enough. As soon as CCs hit L18, then start the BM grind OR finish off RBs to L18 first then knock out the BM.

For walls, I get them all to L3 with Gold, then I use Wall Rings to get them to L5 (all to L4 then all to L5). I donít upgrade walls any further until I have all buildings to L9 or have spare WRs.

If you want to see an example near to your game, take a gander at my Clash Maniac game (#989YCGGJ8). Heís a little further ahead than you, but youíll quickly get a feeling for how I laid it out. My key troops are Beta Minions until I hit BH9; next I max Drop Ships, then I just ďintelligently spamĒ Minion Drops. This gets me in the 3500-4000 cup range pretty quickly. I play most of my games very casually, so they stay low in the cups by design. I am rarely 3-starred though. If I focus on a single game, progress is much quicker. I use the same, general rushing plan on all my games.

HTH...!
    Thanks for the help!
    Will use follow your advice.

Fresh Spawn
    There is no "fixing" a rushed builder base. That's the whole point, is rushing your builder base.

It's the fastest way to progress. I finished maxing my second account's BB about a week ago. Now I get to sit back, drop trophies from time to time, and crush skulls when it's time for the clan games.

If you're in the 3000-3600 trophy range … watch out!

Forum Master
    By rushing you are getting more resources for amount used than if you had used the same resources evenly and tried to max each level.

Now, just get your resources every day .. THAT is actually the best strategy of all.

Aim for OTTO, get one army maxed, take it from there.

/Affront