Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is It Against CWL Rules To Stay In The Same League On Purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    There is no rule against it. I'd say there is a sporting way to do it and a way that can ruin it for the others in the league. The best way to do it for all of the other clans is to run an intentionally weaker roster all 7 wars by rotating in others who want to get some medals. The bad wayt to it is to intentionally lose the last war or two by a lot of stars, which ruins the competition for others. That said, I think this is much less of an issue in 30v30 at M1 because there is no promotion really, at least not for 30v30. I'd say there probably is a lot of it going on in that league.
    The last two seasons in Master 1 we won all 7 wars and still didn’t advance, there’s that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Thanks. It would be in our case, we are 6 and 0 going into the last round up by 40 stars. We canít score more than 20 stars or we will win. It would be easy to tell in our case. We would all probably attack the same base as well, that would look sketchy.
    I have to ask: how do you know the #2 clan isn't using the same strategy and plans on tanking the last war as well?

To your original question, there's no problem with what you're attempting to do, but I would recommend a more gradual approach though so you don't get stuck at the end where the #2 clan doesn't want to move up either.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Yes, there is probably more of it going on in Master 1 since Champion 3 doesn’t have 30 vs 30. That is the sole reason we don’t want to advance from Master 1.
    Obviously, it would still result in the same problem eventually, but I'd like to see them open up a Champs3 for 30v30 and a Titans1 for 15v15, then expand to Champs2 and Titans2 and Champs1 and Titans1. I understand the desire to keep the 15v one the "top" version, but as they expand 15v they can add another level to 30v also. (The reason I think it would be good to expand to add another tier is to lessen the huge skill/power gap between tiers.)

Edit: and why do they force the champion of 30v30 M1 out of M1 anyway? Why not just let them stay there like they do for C1 champs in 15v15? Put a yellow jersey on them like a bike race and make them a target next season
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 02:49 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I have to ask: how do you know the #2 clan isn't using the same strategy and plans on tanking the last war as well?

To your original question, there's no problem with what you're attempting to do, but I would recommend a more gradual approach though so you don't get stuck at the end where the #2 clan doesn't want to move up either.
    The first place clan who was also 6 n 0 two CWLs ago did the same. They all attacked the same base for loot. It was weird, we were both undefeated going into the last war, they obviously didn’t want to go to Champion 3 either.
    Last edited by JtB; 1 Week Ago at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Obviously, it would still result in the same problem eventually, but I'd like to see them open up a Champs3 for 30v30 and a Titans1 for 15v15, then expand to Champs2 and Titans2 and Champs1 and Titans1. I understand the desire to keep the 15v one the "top" version, but as they expand 15v they can add another level to 30v also. (The reason I think it would be good to expand to add another tier is to lessen the huge skill/power gap between tiers.)

Edit: and why do they force the champion of 30v30 M1 out of M1 anyway? Why not just let them stay there like they do for C1 champs in 15v15? Put a yellow jersey on them like a bike race and make them a target next season
    Lol, that yellow jersey idea is awesome! Yes, if you win Master 1, you should have the option to stay there or advance. Great idea!