Thread: Am I naive?

Fresh Spawn

Am I naive?

Im relatively new to COC. I have a th5 and doing ok regarding defence as well as attacking. I have maxed out walls, mortars, air defence etc and do quite a number of attacks and progressing slowly. I have decided to learn the game patiently, take som defeats and not upgrading Town House too quickly. I have also decided not to join a Clan until I have really understood the name of the game. But... It sorts of annoys me to have, what I call cowards (yeah, I know...) at the ”same” trophy level as me attacking with clan troops always getting a 100 % victory since I can’t defend myself against superior troops. Or when they have a defence that rely on calling another Clan.

I guess that either I have understood the game wrongly or just need an advice on strategy.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Malager View Post
    Im relatively new to COC. I have a th5 and doing ok regarding defence as well as attacking. I have maxed out walls, mortars, air defence etc and do quite a number of attacks and progressing slowly. I have decided to learn the game patiently, take som defeats and not upgrading Town House too quickly. I have also decided not to join a Clan until I have really understood the name of the game. But... It sorts of annoys me to have, what I call cowards (yeah, I know...) at the ”same” trophy level as me attacking with clan troops always getting a 100 % victory since I can’t defend myself against superior troops. Or when they have a defence that rely on calling another Clan.

I guess that either I have understood the game wrongly or just need an advice on strategy.
    Wouldn’t call you naive, you just don’t understand the game. Can be played a multitude of ways, but know that you put yourself at a serious disadvantage by not utilizing a clan castle. Is called Clash of Clans, with the emphasis being on clans. SC has promoted clan activity and participation from the outset. Join a clan and you’ll learn and progress much faster. That clan castle is important and you’ll never defend nor attack very well without it, especially at higher th levels.

TH13...level 249...70/70/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 40 mil...atb 6032

Forum Champion
    Join a clan. Game is called Clash of Clans.

At lower town halls, maxed troops from the cc can easily decimate entire villages on their own. You can't do much about it other than getting troops in your own cc.

So like others say join a clan. Otherwise you will not only be unable to use cc troops, but also ineligible to take part in clan wars and games.

What are you getting attacked with? If it's loons then get a baby dragon. Valkyrie will tear apart ground armies. Witch will also be useful in that regard.

See this for more details on clan castle-

https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_Castle

Forum Legend
    There is always a bigger fish.
    the game is about out raiding your losses, not defending your loot.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Fresh Spawn
    Thanks, for the reply! Appreciate that. And I hear you...So the question is, which Clan to choose??? How do I evaluate?

...So the question is, which Clan to choose??? How do I evaluate?
    You should try to find a clan which is-

1) active, that is most of the members are active in clan games, wars, and preferably chat as well along with friendly challenges.

2) as high level as possible since high level clans can donate stronger troops via perk.

Look here for potential clans that you may want to consider-

https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...-For-Clanmates

You can also go through this-

https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...Need-A-Clan%21
    Last edited by Maestro666; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:15 AM.

Forum Champion
    Thanks, for the reply! Appreciate that. And I hear you...So the question is, which Clan to choose??? How do I evaluate?
    That is always awkward. As a clan leader I wish all prospective members would read our clan description. Be prepared to join and leave a few. There's no harm in trying out clans unless you desert during war.

Do you want war ? Do you want attack and base advice ? Are you want a clan that is chatty ? Do you want a mixed age clan, adult, no adults ? Fo you prefer certain world time zones ?

Some of these things are selectable in the recruitment tool.

You could start a thread in the appropriate sub forum.

If you want an English speaking adult clan, check our recruiting thread or send me a PM.