Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Derby

Mystery Derby

This definitely is a ‘MYSTERY’ to me...I encourage my hood to do all 400 point tasks during this derby. One player was given the task to fully serve 8 cowboys. However, she had not repaired/unlocked her town yet due to lack of coins. We all pitched in to help her, now has to wait 2 days for it to open.

Secondly, I was given 3 fishing tasks. Smh...🤦🏽♥♀️ This does not seem fair in my opinion, considering how long it takes to make lures. Surely SuperCell is able to make tasks more random and/or specific to the player’s farms.

Anyone else having these issues?

This week has been horrible, nothing but slow tasks... and way too much of fishing! I hate fishing, and when I see my team mate get two fishing tasks I felt sorry for them... and then I got two fishing tasks!

if they are trying to get catch me without bait, no luck there SC, but they will really make me mad since I hate fishing... honestly, I almost starting thinking of abandoning the fricking thing as it is such a waste of time. And on top of it the fish are much smaller this week.....
    Last edited by tiitii; February 7th, 2020 at 02:03 AM.

Since I love fishing, this has been the best mystery derby for me. Easy to do, and does not mess up my normal farming activities like production or growing crops tasks do.
    Last edited by VulcanforHayDay; February 7th, 2020 at 03:19 PM.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    This was a horrible Mystery derby for me too, but I didn't get a single fishing task. Instead I had two harvest tasks...potatoes and indigo. I know it could have been worse, but I have limited time to finish my 10 tasks. Then I got a feeding task and egg collection task, which meant I had to return every 20 minutes to feed the chickens for hours. Since I started at midnight, it meant staying awake in the early morning hours. I know the advice is not to select a mystery task just before bedtime, but it's my choice to take a chance and try to finish all the tasks before or soon after sunrise. None of my tasks were production tasks, so all the prepping for production items were of no use. I am not complaining...I knew the risk I would be running when I cannot pick and choose which task to take. I guess other competing hoods had slow tasks too because I finished 2nd. #1 hood finished while I was growing indigo.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    This was a horrible Mystery derby for me too, but I didn't get a single fishing task. Instead I had two harvest tasks...potatoes and indigo. I know it could have been worse, but I have limited time to finish my 10 tasks. Then I got a feeding task and egg collection task, which meant I had to return every 20 minutes to feed the chickens for hours. Since I started at midnight, it meant staying awake in the early morning hours. I know the advice is not to select a mystery task just before bedtime, but it's my choice to take a chance and try to finish all the tasks before or soon after sunrise. None of my tasks were production tasks, so all the prepping for production items were of no use. I am not complaining...I knew the risk I would be running when I cannot pick and choose which task to take. I guess other competing hoods had slow tasks too because I finished 2nd. #1 hood finished while I was growing indigo.
    staying awake and having to work full time and complete these tasks in such a limited timescale is very challenging, particularly animal feeding and crops. My hood mate and I had a few of these this week and it has proven very stressful. We already knew not to select a mystery task before bed, but when you take a 7 hour egg task in the morning and you are at work all day it’s extremely tough. We try to play every derby and I do enjoy them, but not as much as I need to keep my job. I can’t imagine what my boss would say if he caught me trying to collect eggs every 20 minutes 🙈. I have said before that these mystery derbies are my least favourite as they are too disruptive to normal game play and real life. Jen

Horrible mystery task. I had 6 town task out of the ten task. Had 2 in a row of 8 and other 9 salesman task. Train would never bring but one at a time. Think this is thelast mystery game I will do.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler58 View Post
    Horrible mystery task. I had 6 town task out of the ten task. Had 2 in a row of 8 and other 9 salesman task. Train would never bring but one at a time. Think this is thelast mystery game I will do.
    Wow! That's horrible! I agree!

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories! Guess what, I just got my 4th FISHING task...I can almost SCREAM!!!!! Before that, had to harvest 980 wheat in 4 hrs....We are also in Champions League so I know tasks will be harder. My hood is at 30 people max and we are in 13th place. We are normally finished by now or maybe one or two left to finish. It’s just very time consuming...well, y’all know that! Lol 😆

Would be nice if there was a PAUSE TIME booster, especially for those with lives—-all of us! Lol

I actually planned not to participate in this derby, first time ever trying to opt out. However, I couldn’t figure out how to, as the leader. I know how to opt out others, but didn’t have that option for myself. Well, anyhow, my team didn’t want me opted out...so it’s working out. I just knew I’d be busier this week with less game time to play. Anyone know how a leader opts out, for future reference?

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensBestHayDay View Post
    Anyone know how a leader opts out, for future reference?
    I think it’s the same for any player. To opt out of derby any player can to go to their own Settings—>Advanced Settings
    —>Derby Settings—> uncheck “Participate (opt-in) in the Neighborhood Derby”

Not everyone knows that or maybe they haven't logged on for some time or maybe they know but don’t care so I think SC later gave leaders (and coleaders?) the ability to opt hoodies out of derby.

i haven’t experienced it myself but I’ve read some posts of a bug where players had opted out or had a baby farm opted out yet somehow for the next derby those farms were opted in so you may want to check settings again before a derby starts
    Last edited by QBIE; February 8th, 2020 at 12:20 AM.