Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: King is Weaker than a Queen and Less Useful, WHYY??

I’d take a Raged King under eternal time in the core over a Queen under the same circumstances any day.

Different uses. Different utility.

I ask you this. Which is better a hammer or a saw?
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEdmonds96 View Post
    Yeah she is real good but easily killed by skeleton traps or cc troops, with defence, each to their own I guess
    Add a few healers and a rage. It works perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Nomii01 View Post
    Well I'm not talking about Hp, I'm just saying King is not as Useful as queen and it's doesn't make sense.. because You know king is the king of that Village. SO why Supercell made him weaker than his Queen? ..
    I think Supercell should give him something extra and cool power ( like when we use hi ability.. first he should stomp his sword in the ground and then we get something like Earthquake Spell type damage in surrounding area..
    What do you guys think ?
    your not married are you, lol
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

Quote Originally Posted by Nomii01 View Post
    Well I'm not talking about Hp, I'm just saying King is not as Useful as queen and it's doesn't make sense.. because You know king is the king of that Village. SO why Supercell made him weaker than his Queen? ..
    I think Supercell should give him something extra and cool power ( like when we use hi ability.. first he should stomp his sword in the ground and then we get something like Earthquake Spell type damage in surrounding area..
    What do you guys think ?
    Youíre comparing apples to oranges, Call of Duty to Animal Crossing. The king isnít meant to work with healers (Iíve tried...), he is a tank. The queen is a more strategic hero that takes healers or protection to be effective.

Also, bolded line is quite sexist, youíre basically saying men are always stronger than women when in fact, that is entirely not true. And I am not female, I speak from experience.

Thanks so much to TerMinus Prime for the sig pic!
    Th12/Bh9
    King: 50 Queen: 51 Warden: 20 BM: 29
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    In what way is the Barb King "weaker"?

None of the Heroes are inherently "stronger" or "better" than the others. Saying the Barbarian King is not as strong as the Archer Queen is just ridiculous since they both fill completely different roles.

The Barbarian King is designed to take massive amounts of damage. The Archer Queen can't. So in that regard, the King is far tougher than the Archer Queen. Each Hero is designed for a specific function. If they all performed the same role, there'd be no need for unique Heroes.

It's like saying this apple isn't as spicy as this chili pepper. Just because both of them are fruits doesn't mean they should taste the same.
    Come on man, the Archer Queen is clearly far superior to the Barbarian King. "Designed to take massive amounts of damage"? My king has half the HP of a Pekka, that's hardly massive amounts of damage

I don't see any problem with the 1st TH7 hero being weaker than the TH9 hero, but let's not pretend like obvious facts aren't true. There's a reason why every online strategy page says to prioritize upgrading AQ over BK - because she's just flat out better, absolutely no matter what attack strategy you are using. BK is still useful though so I don't see any problem with it

Centennial Club
    Looks like the OP is trying to conjure a cool and powerful answer
    Last edited by ArunavaMiTra; February 7th, 2020 at 08:41 AM.
    Glory Glory Manchester United!

Kolkata_Gangs - #YYQCGR00

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Come on man, the Archer Queen is clearly far superior to the Barbarian King. "Designed to take massive amounts of damage"? My king has half the HP of a Pekka, that's hardly massive amounts of damage

I don't see any problem with the 1st TH7 hero being weaker than the TH9 hero, but let's not pretend like obvious facts aren't true. There's a reason why every online strategy page says to prioritize upgrading AQ over BK - because she's just flat out better, absolutely no matter what attack strategy you are using. BK is still useful though so I don't see any problem with it

You quoted my post and yet didn't answer my question at the very top of it. What facts are you talking about? Or to clarify, in what way is the AQ better? What metric are you using to compare who is better or worse?

At level 70, the BK has 9300 HP where the AQ has 3190 HP. I don't care how you slice it, 9300 is almost triple what the AQ has. I'd say that makes him much more durable.

Damage per hit, the AQ does 585.75 while the BK does 600 per hit. Once again the BK has a higher stat.

One of the reasons why strategy guides recommend upgrading the AQ is simply because she has range. Queen Walking is one of the most effective strategies where you can take advantage of her ranged shots, whereas the BK would be forced to soak up a lot of that damage.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

To be fair to op here I do agree, maybe weaker isn’t the right term but I can do a lot better when my king is upgrading attacking with my other hero’s than I do with my queen or gw or now even my rc upgrading I would not be surprised if you pulled analytics on stars or percentage with hero’s offline folks missing a queen or gw in an attack on average will score lower than folks with a Bk offline. I think that has more to do with that you can replace a Bks main benefits with healers on a queen or gw or by tanking using another tanky troop . Where we no troop combo + king replaces what the queen or gw bring to the table. There isn’t a way to boost other hero’s attacking power in the same way you can compensate for a lack of the Kings tanking. Sounds like we need a new troop that instead of healing boosts damage or attack speed so you can do king walks

all kidding aside if there was any ability id like to see added to the king it would be that he draws (redirects to himself) fire from near by buildings when you use his abilities
    Last edited by Tvsever; February 7th, 2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post

I don't see any problem with the 1st TH7 hero being weaker than the TH9 hero, but let's not pretend like obvious facts aren't true. There's a reason why every online strategy page says to prioritize upgrading AQ over BK - because she's just flat out better, absolutely no matter what attack strategy you are using.
    Yeah that's what I wanted to say

Centennial Club
    I think king isnít weaker just he just not a battle starter but needs to be selectively deployed at the correct time to cause maximum damage.