Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Scoring

CWL Scoring

Scoring should also take into account Defense. So my humble suggestion is to subtract the number of stars given up from the total of stars gained. With this scoring, I think Rushing would be discouraged because generally, rushed bases are easily defeated.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by LakayKenX View Post
    Scoring should also take into account Defense. So my humble suggestion is to subtract the number of stars given up from the total of stars gained. With this scoring, I think Rushing would be discouraged because generally, rushed bases are easily defeated.
    Why do you think rushing should be discouraged? It is a viable playstyle.

CWL itself was introduced to counter permamax bases and encourage them to progress.

Everything else added to the game in recent years are of similar intent, like season challenges and bank, clan games, removal of hoarding magic items etc. In fact SC is basically asking players to rush with all these stuff. Strategic rushing was and still is the best way to progress faster.

why do you think this would discourage rushing? more importantly why do you want rushing discouraged?

It does already take into account defense. If you win the war, you get 10 extra stars. That is a big deal. Whether it should be more or not I don't know, but just wanted to point out CWL scoring already does consider defense in that way and it is no small thing.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

The rushing is out of hand. It's on steroids. Well let em rush all they want. I was angry the other day but I will just deal with it by maxing my defenses and offenses. Most of these rushers get scared of a maxed out base and they either skip in CWL or can't get 3 stars. Keep your chin up OP just upgrade and keep trying in time it will get better. 2222 you can respond ha ha. Clash on....

Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    The rushing is out of hand. It's on steroids. Well let em rush all they want. I was angry the other day but I will just deal with it by maxing my defenses and offenses. Most of these rushers get scared of a maxed out base and they either skip in CWL or can't get 3 stars. Keep your chin up OP just upgrade and keep trying in time it will get better. 2222 you can respond ha ha. Clash on....
    Why would I respond ha ha? I have no problem with players fully maxing out every hall level as long as they understand it isn't good for CWL, isn't the fastest way to max and often isn't good for regular war (though it can be depending on the roster). The game is fun for different people in different ways. I have one account that I maxed at each hall just to do it and others that I don't do that.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    So my humble suggestion is to subtract the number of stars given up from the total of stars gained.
    But this is already exactly how CWL works. It's not like regular war where you have two attacks. You have only one attack where any stars you gain go to your team and any stars you give up go to your opponent. Guess what else? Any stars your opponent gives up go to your team.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

I can only guess that OP is a maxer.. And they are having trouble scoring against the oppo bases..

CWL is scored thru stars gained, but that gain is negated if the opposition scores well against your bases..
    So there is no reason to deduct defensive lapses..
    it is a round robin, everyone plays each other, and those defences help determine how many stars each scores on any given day..

maybe there should be a penalty for hitting bases that have no cc troops too?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I can only guess that OP is a maxer.. And they are having trouble scoring against the oppo bases..

CWL is scored thru stars gained, but that gain is negated if the opposition scores well against your bases..
    So there is no reason to deduct defensive lapses..
    it is a round robin, everyone plays each other, and those defences help determine how many stars each scores on any given day..

maybe there should be a penalty for hitting bases that have no cc troops too?
    I am a maxer getting many stars vs rushed accounts and it is too easy. But for regular war a rushed manicured base with good defense can be a big issue. Going against higher town halls in CWL you just skip what you can't attack and attack what you can attack. Well I am not going to whine anymore I will just keep playing. It will get better.