Quote Originally Posted by LakayKenX View Post
My main point is the scoring, not the rushing. it's my fault I brought rushing up but pls don't crucify me. hehehe. I am really indifferent to rushers.

Back to my main point. Subtracting the stars given up would be representing how good was the defense - in theory, the better the defense, the lesser score/stars to be subtracted. I believe this is the same principle used in scoring in the Legend Leagues.

Just for example:
Score of A clan
76 - 63
76 - 63
76 - 63
76 - 63
76 - 63
76 - 63
76 - 63

Score of B clan
63 - 76 ---> against clan A
80 - 76
80 - 76
80 - 76
80 - 76
80 - 76
80 - 76

In the current scoring, clan B will emerge as First Place with 603 as against the 602 of clan A.

I know we could blame clan A for not scoring more, but in my humble opinion, their good defense was not given total credit.
To be fair, they could have decided on this method of scoring, and the system would have worked fine..
It would simply be the way the scoring is done..

But the way they chose is still just as fair, because they gave details of how it would work before cwl was released, so everyone was aware of it, and of course the same system applies to everybody, same way as It would if they had decided on a system as you describe..

Individual clans may have either prospered more or struggled more, since yours uses defence as a direct factor, but there would still be a score posted at the end of the day/week..
Myself, I would struggle more, because I can punch a little above my weight with my raids, and usually use all attacks each day..
But most often my bases get flattened due to dipping and double dipping from the oppo..

It is the combination of it being a 7 day event, scoring steadily in each, and the opposition having lower activity that keeps me in a higher tier than my weight would allow that makes the current scoring system more viable for a set up like mine..
It is rewarding me for my activity.. for actually taking the time to turn up and do my attacks each day..

Changing to a def/off adjusted system would negate that, since I usually lose each individual war day..
It wouldnt affect rushed rosters/accounts per se (although you already retracted that part), because bigger is always better for cwl, so rushing automatically makes that account bigger than if time was spent on the grind..
And it certainly wouldnt hurt the legacy accounts, because they would simply break even each day, give 3 take 3.. Their purpose in a one hit system is to hit as far up the map as their skill allows, and nothing more.

So they could change it, and it would work.. but the effects of the change would only be localised to individual clans..
Those with heavy defence may move up a tier, until they hit their offence/skill wall, and clans like mine would fall..
It would also only be changing the lower tier format in essence, since eventually having heavy offence and defence is a base requirement once the real push begins, and wars are generally only won and lost by a star or two, which presently seems to be once you hit masters**

** that weight will be slowly working its way down thru the tiers, eventually heavy rosters will be the norm in all tiers, as progression in the game is rampant.