Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Scoring

Quote Originally Posted by KingAroth View Post
    The rushing is out of hand. It's on steroids. Well let em rush all they want. I was angry the other day but I will just deal with it by maxing my defenses and offenses. Most of these rushers get scared of a maxed out base and they either skip in CWL or can't get 3 stars.
    In CWL rushing is very beneficial compared to maxing. Eg- a rushed th11 is preferable to a max th10 for league even though both took same time to reach their respective level.

Just imagine-
    The rushed 11 is likely stronger in defense by having all the infernoes and possibly eagle as well while being far more powerful in offense with an additional hero that is arguably the most important in terms of ability, more number of stronger troops via upgraded camps and all. The advantages far outweigh any drawbacks. They don't have any real reason to be worried about attacking a maxed base if that's lower than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    In CWL rushing is very beneficial compared to maxing. Eg- a rushed th11 is preferable to a max th10 for league even though both took same time to reach their respective level.

Just imagine-
    The rushed 11 is likely stronger in defense by having all the infernoes and possibly eagle as well while being far more powerful in offense with an additional hero that is arguably the most important in terms of ability, more number of stronger troops via upgraded camps and all. The advantages far outweigh any drawbacks. They don't have any real reason to be worried about attacking a maxed base if that's lower than them.
    We don't rush and we still place 5th or higher in CWL. Our bases once built up most opponents have a hard time getting 3 stars. One of our base designs is so good they skip it and sometimes the other maxed out bases. Good base design with good planning will win every time. The rushed clans below us are paying for their rushing. We will move up even higher. So rush all you want but our clan will prevail without rushing a single base.

Last edited by KingAroth; February 7th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.

We don't rush and we still place 5th or higher in CWL. Our bases once built up most opponents have a hard time getting 3 stars. One of our base designs is so good they skip it and sometimes the other maxed out bases. Good base design with good planning will win every time. The rushed clans below us are paying for their rushing. We will move up even higher. So rush all you want but our clan will prevail without rushing a single base.

I really feel like you still don't understand how CWL works.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I really feel like you still don't understand how CWL works.
    Whoever gets the most stars during a CWL season wins their group for that season. The more stars you have the more medals you will earn. If a Tie happens then whoever gets has the higher destruction percentage wins or it stays a draw if the destruction percentage is the same. You play 7 other clans in 7 rounds. The winning clan gets promoted to next league. Now as maxing a base as not a viable strategy in CWL I can say that if my base is better than yours and you can't get 3 stars but I can then who will win in CWL? The rushed player? So I don't understand CWL because I don't rush a base?
    Last edited by KingAroth; February 7th, 2020 at 06:26 PM.

My main point is the scoring, not the rushing. it's my fault I brought rushing up but pls don't crucify me. hehehe. I am really indifferent to rushers.

Back to my main point. Subtracting the stars given up would be representing how good was the defense - in theory, the better the defense, the lesser score/stars to be subtracted. I believe this is the same principle used in scoring in the Legend Leagues.

Just for example:
    Score of A clan
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63

Score of B clan
    63 - 76 ---> against clan A
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76

In the current scoring, clan B will emerge as First Place with 603 as against the 602 of clan A.

I know we could blame clan A for not scoring more, but in my humble opinion, their good defense was not given total credit.

Quote Originally Posted by LakayKenX View Post
    My main point is the scoring, not the rushing. it's my fault I brought rushing up but pls don't crucify me. hehehe. I am really indifferent to rushers.

Back to my main point. Subtracting the stars given up would be representing how good was the defense - in theory, the better the defense, the lesser score/stars to be subtracted. I believe this is the same principle used in scoring in the Legend Leagues.

Just for example:
    Score of A clan
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63

Score of B clan
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76

In the current scoring, clan B will emerge as First Place with 603 as against the 602 of clan A.

I know we could blame clan A for not scoring more, but in my humble opinion, their good defense was not given total credit.
    Defense is to prevent another clan from scoring stars. The better your layout and the levels of your defense the better your odds of winning. Stars means victory. If you don't get enough stars doesn't matter if won vs the first place clan you still don't win. So if somebody wins and has very good defenses then they get total credit by winning their group and being promoted. As for rushing somebody responded to me concerning base rushing and base maxing. I'm in the camp of maxing a base to win CWL. Stars are victory.

Whoever gets the most stars during a CWL season wins their group for that season. The more stars you have the more medals you will earn. If a Tie happens then whoever gets has the higher destruction percentage wins or it stays a draw if the destruction percentage is the same. You play 7 other clans in 7 rounds. The winning clan gets promoted to next league. Now as maxing a base as not a viable strategy in CWL I can say that if my base is better than yours and you can't get 3 stars but I can then who will win in CWL? The rushed player? So I don't understand CWL because I don't rush a base?
    What you seem to be missing is that your place result in a given CWL tier is not some pro or con against rushing. I.e. just because you finished above a number of clans that have rushed bases does not mean maxing is somehow better. Had those clans not rushed and instead maxed every hall level they would most certainly be lower than they are now, earning less medals and progressing more slowly.

For instance, let's say you had instead upgraded to the next TH a month ago and "rushed". You would now be attacking with stronger troops, and possibly have some upgraded defenses. You would not be worse off in this CWL for having done that.

Quote Originally Posted by LakayKenX View Post

Just for example:
    Score of A clan
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63
    76 - 63

Score of B clan
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76
    80 - 76

While I can see this can happen, my guess is it's rare without that clan intentionally slacking in the first war. The above, IMO, unnecessarily complicates the scoring system.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; February 7th, 2020 at 06:44 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

In CWL, strategically rushing is all advantage, no disadvantage. If your won clan strategically rushed ahead it could be stronger on offense and defense. Assuming you're more active than average with your progression, you're going to win just over 50% whether you are maxing everything or strategically rushing, but the strategic rushing would just allow you to win that 50% in a higher tier. Yes, good planning, organization, design and skill all are huge factors. None of that would go away if you made your offense and defense stronger, which you would if you rushed ahead.

That doesn't mean you should rush for CWL, it might hurt your classic wars.

You reference defense as a negative with rushing and it makes me think you aren't talking about rushing, but instead are talking about engineering in a way where the player doesn't spend gold on defense. They intentionally hold their defense back. That definitely is a disadvantage for CWL.

But, rushing? No disadvantage. Moving my th10 to th11 doesn't hurt me in any way shape or form in CWL. I can still build the same defenses as I was building as a th10 after I move to th11. I can make my offense stronger. I could also make my defense stronger by building an eagle, extra th11 defenses, etc., though even if I just stuck with what I would be doing at th10 I would at worst have a defense that is equally as strong combined with stronger offense.
    Last edited by 2222; February 7th, 2020 at 06:53 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

But if those rushed bases didnt rush, they would be weaker still, since they would be a hall or 2 lower, still grinding walls or whatever else they skipped over..
    If those rushed bases are having trouble with your bases, its either that your accounts are well enough advanced, even tho on a maxer path, or they are simply bad attackers..
    A strategically rushed account will have a max army of a higher hall than they would otherwise have, and maybe even a competent player behind the screen..
    Then it would make a difference, because he would be dipping on you with that max army, and a dip is most often a 3 star attack..

There is a big difference between strategic rushing and simply skipping hall levels.. You seem to either be facing those skippers, or their rushing isnt giving them that power advantage, if it is so easy.

Why would you want to rush? To get a couple extra medals in CWL and the rest of the month have a much harder time farming and get crushed in regular war? No thank you.

You are putting too much emphasis on medals, you can farm the equivilant in 6 hours and should be saving those medals for TH12 and TH13 where you get the most bang for your buck.

Rushers are going to rush, and they are going to be using their medals right away because they lack patience so if you are saving them, you can console yourself that you will be further ahead in the end anyways.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 9th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.