Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Speculation about seeding a new clan in CWL

The whole idea of medal farming is to place as high as possible..
    So long as they kept the old weighting system in place, medal farming was simply to reseed, as the weights per tier have grown significantly since start up in October 2018..
    Now that they appear to have reweighted the system, this method is now defunct.. medal farmers will take the beating, since being competitive is not the motivation..

Quote Originally Posted by Titan123456 View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree but clans reseeding to farm easy medals is not fun or fair on the lower league clans by being pushed down for even less medals.
    i was not being NASTY or presuming to know or tell you or anyone else anything, I was just giving an opinion on a players forum,and no I don't work for supercell either as you well know.
    And I'm so sorry if I misinterpreted supercell clamping down on engineering clans/player and medal farming in CWL as them trying to guide us in the right direction and the correct spirit of the game.
    As others have said, the reseeding was a failure, so far as the reasoning is concerned..
    The idea was to seed against clans much stronger than themselves..
    The objective is simply for those accounts to concentrate on gaining 8 stars during the week..
    The likely result is an 8th place finish and demotion at the end of the week..

1/ So why is this unfair on the lower tier clans?..
    2/ How does this push them further down the leagues for less medals?..
    3/ In what way have they clamped down on engineering in cwl?..

1/ The intention was to seed far higher.. They would not impact on the lower tier clans because they would not be there.. And the tier they do seed into isnt negatively impacted, because the seeded clan is destined to lose..
    2/ As said, they shouldnt draw in those lower tiers.. The tier structure is designed in such a way that having an extra clan join cwl at a higher level doesnt affect anything below, as they will simply be absorbed into the system within the league their weight places them.. Anything above or below continues as normal.
    3/ CWL is unweighted.. there is no build or weight restriction once you place within a tier.. It is also a single attack mode.. Engineering is therefore blunted, since the idea behind offensively rushed accounts is that you can gain 6 stars whilst yielding only 3.. With cwl its give 3 stars, take 3 stars..
    The only action SC ever took towards thwarting those hyper rush bases was with the build all policy.. Even then, you can still use them.. you just cant jump them to the next hall level.. Time and future updates will render these accounts less and less effective, coupled with the way the MMA works..

The medal farming they changed, or rather made unprofitable, was low tier farming, due to getting a bonus for wins/stars..
    It is still possible to participate within a lower tier and farm wins, but it is now at the expense of medals..

Everything they do suggests to me that "the correct spirit of the game" is to play the way you enjoy..
    They do appear to be promoting growth, since growth generates income.. And with a freemium game, the more that are willing to spend in order to progress a little faster is good both for SC's profit margin, and for the longevity of the game.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; February 18th, 2020 at 10:07 PM.

One thing to bear In mind Josh is that seeding a new clan too high does have a VERY minor impact on the group they seed into. this impact is simply that one clan that would otherwise have dropped gets to stay in a higher tier one more round. certainly some think this is a negative. i view it as a positive effect.

It would be interesting to see some other new CWL clans in order to figure out whether 30v is based on top 30. I remember bobothegoat had once posted a big breakdown of weights early on in CWL so could use that as reference for early weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    One thing to bear In mind Josh is that seeding a new clan too high does have a VERY minor impact on the group they seed into. this impact is simply that one clan that would otherwise have dropped gets to stay in a higher tier one more round. certainly some think this is a negative. i view it as a positive effect.
    yeah.. i guess anyone that took exception would maybe have a valid complaint in some respect..
    But that complaint can only be that the clan is reseeding every month, since the placement is determined by the system according to the weight of the top 15 (or 30), which is no different to any new clan joining cwl..
    So far as the competition goes, a clan like mine will have a bigger negative effect than a newly seeded one..
    At least they will be carrying the correct weight as deemed by the algorithm (or gold weight counter).

The point is the intention of what they were doing and not playing how supercell intended and they changed the medal reward to fend of CWL farming
    But that wasn't your point. Your point was about the negative impact on the others in the league and I agree with you for clan doing what you thought was being discussed here: intentionally playing low. However, that wasn't what was being discussed here. Intentionally playing as high as possible, even if it is done by a new seeding, has no negative impact on the clans you are matched with in your league that season.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    But that wasn't your point. Your point was about the negative impact on the others in the league and I agree with you for clan doing what you thought was being discussed here: intentionally playing low. However, that wasn't what was being discussed here. Intentionally playing as high as possible, even if it is done by a new seeding, has no negative impact on the clans you are matched with in your league that season.
    Well, technically this thread is about looking at seeding weights and figuring out how they work and where you will end up. I am confident that seeding is based on defense only (which would make sense) but I've said on occasion that I think weights haven't been adjusted so took the gamble to find out. I'd kind of like to see some more clans at 15 and 30 to compare.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 20th, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Well, technically this thread is about looking at seeding weights and figuring out how they work and where you will end up. I am confident that seeding is based on defense only (which would make sense) but I've said on occasion that I think weights haven't been adjusted so took the gamble to find out. I'd kind of like to see some more clans at 15 and 30 to compare.
    YOu need a clan of 15 TH13 and 15 TH3 to seed and see where they end up. Should tell you pretty quick if anything but the top 15 are taken into account.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    YOu need a clan of 15 TH13 and 15 TH3 to seed and see where they end up. Should tell you pretty quick if anything but the top 15 are taken into account.
    That would be great but no clan would do that.