Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Speculation about seeding a new clan in CWL

Speculation about seeding a new clan in CWL

One of the great mysteries in CWL is where you will end up when your clan first joins CWL.

In the early days we seeded a few clans in order to gain more medals and once the format was changed, we stuck to just a couple clans and would try to fight at the highest tier we could with our low clan.

I was under the impression that the seeding weights were never adjusted so this CWL we seeded a new clan because we wanted to end up in mid Crystal with the weakest clan (get smacked around, make way more medals).

We sent out some messages and rolled out with 5 TH12, 8 TH11, 10 TH10, 11 TH9 in a 30v war and ended up in Gold 3!

What I do know is that CWL seeding is based on defense weight only (tested numerous times), which explains being so strong since we have many non ideal war bases in, but I was expecting to seed about 5 tiers higher.

Does anyone else have any experience with seeding a new clan? What are your thoughts and opinions about how seeding works?
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

WoW Major.. Hall levels dont mean a lot, but they look huge on the face of it for G3..
    Would expect the the giga's alone to push you higher..
    You using legacy bases?

Maybe you should name the clan, just so we know who's windows to throw bricks thru lol
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; February 4th, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    WoW Major.. Hall levels dont mean a lot, but they look huge on the face of it for G3..
    You using legacy bases?

Maybe you should name the clan, just so we know who's windows to throw bricks thru lol
    They should link this thread to the one where everyone thinks self reseeding is a great idea. i am not sure they would be happy seeing a whole bunch of tougher opponents sitting in their league. That being said, maybe they should just t9 show some folks that they should be careful what they wish for......

You using legacy bases?

Some and some are very rushed, it kind of surprised me to seed to low, I was expecting to end up in Crystal 3 or Crystal 2. My strategy for our low CWL is basically the kind of CWL everyone complains about, I want to be way higher than we can compete at and focus on as many as possible trying to get their 8 stars.

No naming of the clan, but what I will do is provide gold weights for our top 30.

I was under the impression that in a new CWL, it's based on top 15 gold weight. I still believe that it's based on gold weight, hence the advantage we have, but it makes me wonder if I'm wrong about the top 15 in a 30v war, and that seeding weights have in fact been updated.

Looks like we'll end up as #1, first war we had we ended on 81 with 1 attack missed, and 37 stars above 2nd place. We are in 2nd war now and enemy clan hasn't bothered to fill castles.

I'm hoping to see if there are some other clans who are fighting their first CWL that will reply so we can see what kind of weights they are using.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 5th, 2020 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    They should link this thread to the one where everyone thinks self reseeding is a great idea. i am not sure they would be happy seeing a whole bunch of tougher opponents sitting in their league. That being said, maybe they should just t9 show some folks that they should be careful what they wish for......
    I want to fight super tough opponents, we had the option to use a Crystal 3 clan (which I would have preferred) but the engineer in me is always looking to test new ground.

Reseeding could possibly be an option for the clans complaining about mismatch if it does seed a little low now.

It would make sense for them to use top 30 bases for seeding 30v option.. i may have even read that somewhere..
    But you still look heavy for a new G3 clan.

If they have reviewed the seeding figures, it will still help any that got to reboot..
    The old numbers were throwing newbies into a shark pool, since the figures are from over a year ago..
    Surprised they havent released details if they have tho.. Seems like it would simply be an update..
    Unless its so the respawn mob dont get inside info.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; February 5th, 2020 at 01:23 AM.

For 15v it is the top 15 accounts, but do they do that for 30v also? That wouldn't make much sense. It should be the top 30 accounts.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    For 15v it is the top 15 accounts, but do they do that for 30v also? That wouldn't make much sense. It should be the top 30 accounts.
    I'm not sure, that's what I'm curious about because I would assume for a 30v SC would just use the same as 15v and keep the programming simple.

It would make sense for them to use top 30 bases for seeding 30v option.. i may have even read that somewhere..
    But you still look heavy for a new G3 clan.

If they have reviewed the seeding figures, it will still help any that got to reboot..
    The old numbers were throwing newbies into a shark pool, since the figures are from over a year ago..
    Surprised they havent released details if they have tho.. Seems like it would simply be an update..
    Unless its so the respawn mob dont get inside info.
    TH breakdown is meaningless if you are going by gold weight. I think we could answer this question if we could see some other seeded clans.

I don't expect SC to release any details of changes to the way matches happen, they've changed regular war MM at least half a dozen times in the last year with no word so I expect it to be the same with CWL seeding.

I'll post gold weights of top 30 shortly.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 5th, 2020 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I'm not sure, that's what I'm curious about because I would assume for a 30v SC would just use the same as 15v and keep the programming simple.
    Simple yes, but pretty unfair if you think of a clan with 30 th13s vs a clan with 15 th13s and the rest filled in with th12-9. I don't play 30v but for those who do I hope SC didn't seed it that way.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.