Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forums vs in game support

Forums vs in game support

My experience with supercell clash of clans in-game support is they are super respectful. The replies I get back, may not resolve an issue, but the in-game support staff are very considerate and super respectful with their responses.I havenít had one rude reply yet in all these years.

But unfortunately, this courtesy does not seem to extend to forums. You are pretty much afraid to post in forums. Mostly itís the other forum members being pit bulls knocking down ideas and highjacking the discussion. And forum admins remove posts without responses. Kind of rude I feel.

New feature requests which were considered by developers but rejected and listed in the faq, should have a discussion link as to what was decided and why. It would help new forum members understand, why certain features are the way they are.

Game improvement suggestions should always be welcome openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    My experience with supercell clash of clans in-game support is they are super respectful. The replies I get back, may not resolve an issue, but the in-game support staff are very considerate and super respectful with their responses.I haven’t had one rude reply yet in all these years.

But unfortunately, this courtesy does not seem to extend to forums. You are pretty much afraid to post in forums. Mostly it’s the other forum members being pit bulls knocking down ideas and highjacking the discussion. And forum admins remove posts without responses. Kind of rude I feel.

New feature requests which were considered by developers but rejected and listed in the faq, should have a discussion link as to what was decided and why. It would help new forum members understand, why certain features are the way they are.

Game improvement suggestions should always be welcome openly.
    Game improvement suggestions don't need to be posted ad nauseum if it's nothing new, adds no value to the game, or is ruled out. 99% of the posts we see have been posted time and again by other members, hence why the rules out ideas thread says that your posts may be deleted without warning. Why do we need a new thread for something that we've seen dozens or hundreds of times before? What purpose does that serve? All it does is clog up the forums, thus burying actual quality/new ideas.
    TH13 | BK 65 | AQ 68 | GW 39 | RC 6

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Game improvement suggestions don't need to be posted ad nauseum if it's nothing new, adds no value to the game, or is ruled out. 99% of the posts we see have been posted time and again by other members, hence why the rules out ideas thread says that your posts may be deleted without warning. Why do we need a new thread for something that we've seen dozens or hundreds of times before? What purpose does that serve? All it does is clog up the forums, thus burying actual quality/new ideas.
    You may have seen those suggestions many times, but it doesnít help people that have not been active on the forums for years. This is why a link to the discussion would be great, so people can read the logic for that decision. New people are joining the game all the time and the forums have a wealth of information and the faq is very handy to see which features were most requested, which were rejected etc. my point is , it would help to add a link to details in faq.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    We don't always have those discussions to link to.

Many of the ruled out ideas have been on that list for years, and even recent ones,nwe are often just asked to add to the list, although usually after it has been explained why it isn't happening, not always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    This is why a link to the discussion would be great, so people can read the logic for that decision.
    You're right. That would be great. Go ahead and sort through the posts, put it all together with links to each discussion and we'll merge it into the sticky threads. One of the great things about the forum community is that it's managed by community volunteers, not paid employees. That may be the biggest difference between your experiences with the paid employees handling customer support and the players who volunteer their time to support the forums. If you have an idea and want to put something together that would benefit the forums, we can help you see it through to fruition.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    You're right. That would be great. Go ahead and sort through the posts, put it all together with links to each discussion and we'll merge it into the sticky threads. One of the great things about the forum community is that it's managed by community volunteers, not paid employees. That may be the biggest difference between your experiences with the paid employees handling customer support and the players who volunteer their time to support the forums. If you have an idea and want to put something together that would benefit the forums, we can help you see it through to fruition.
    @SharkyFinn, thanks for your response and surprised to know that these forums are a voluntary effort and people are doing the best they can. I stand corrected. my apologies for wrongly assuming this was a supercell sponsored endeavor. cheers.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    @SharkyFinn, thanks for your response and surprised to know that these forums are a voluntary effort and people are doing the best they can. I stand corrected. my apologies for wrongly assuming this was a supercell sponsored endeavor. cheers.
    Supercell pay for the hosting and the forum software, and have a forum admin.

Their Community managers (in particular Darian) also post here.

But all the moderation and much of the admin type work is done by volunteers, in our spare time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Supercell pay for the hosting and the forum software, and have a forum admin.

Their Community managers (in particular Darian) also post here.

But all the moderation and much of the admin type work is done by volunteers, in our spare time.
    @Ajax Thanks for the clarification, fact that much of the admin work on the forum is player volunteers makes this a whole different ball games. Totally understand the need to conserve volunteer hours.

Props to volunteers. Cheers. I take back my rant .