Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping in town

Helping in town

I donít mind filling a box of items for a townie be it someone from my hood or from the RSS. What I canít understand is if itís something that you probably wouldnít fill yourself why ask others? One persons townie wanted 15 honey pots! 15 people! I get that people might need that townie served for a derby task, but isnít there ever a point when youíd rather just let that townie go because what they wanted was just ridiculous? I had to do that last week and while it stunk, I couldnít see asking anyone else to help fill it either.

Quote Originally Posted by MNmoose View Post
    I don’t mind filling a box of items for a townie be it someone from my hood or from the RSS. What I can’t understand is if it’s something that you probably wouldn’t fill yourself why ask others? One persons townie wanted 15 honey pots! 15 people! I get that people might need that townie served for a derby task, but isn’t there ever a point when you’d rather just let that townie go because what they wanted was just ridiculous? I had to do that last week and while it stunk, I couldn’t see asking anyone else to help fill it either.
    I could not agree more! I would never ask others to fill such orders, and just let those townies go. I see this frequently with truck orders that go unhelped for (literally) days, but my guess is that, some aren't aware that they can simply trash that order and get a new one.

(btw, one of those truck orders was for 30 honey pots!)
    Last edited by Tahoe; February 4th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

I trash truck orders, but never townies. I took it as a personal challenge to always fill whatever they want, regardless of how long it took me to accumulate the items. That said, i never ask for help with townies as that defeats the whole personal challenge idea. So, I agree with OP that asking for help seem strange, but not that those townies need to be trashed. Trashing depends on playing style and goals

Well as to the saying, each to their own. The game has given us capacity to seek help and it is our personal preference to what order request we raise help. Sameway that when helping other players, we do also have a say if we want to fill it up or not. Well i personally think that 15 honey are excessive for my level and i will definitely skip that request for help. The player who raised that kind of help in my opinion is probably taking a chance on players with bigger barn or product or just simply those very generous ones to help them and the possible outcome of that choice, either favorable or not, is entirely up to them.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibssoli27 View Post
    Well as to the saying, each to their own. The game has given us capacity to seek help and it is our personal preference to what order request we raise help. Sameway that when helping other players, we do also have a say if we want to fill it up or not. Well i personally think that 15 honey are excessive for my level and i will definitely skip that request for help. The player who raised that kind of help in my opinion is probably taking a chance on players with bigger barn or product or just simply those very generous ones to help them and the possible outcome of that choice, either favorable or not, is entirely up to them.
    I would tend to think the person who asked for all that honey just wasnt thinking before requesting help because high lev farmers need honey for far to many itiems even if i stockpiled a lot of honey i still wouldnt fill that help request and i consider myself to be a very helpful generous farmer
    Not a spammer nor a toxic person just a forum friendly guy who likes to chat about all things clash of clans and hayday

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    I would tend to think the person who asked for all that honey just wasnt thinking before requesting help because high lev farmers need honey for far to many itiems even if i stockpiled a lot of honey i still wouldnt fill that help request and i consider myself to be a very helpful generous farmer
    Could be but its just our own opinions, we don't really know the reason and there could be other reason as well behind it, who knows? Lol
    But just saying there are still other players out there with bigger barn but not necessarily a high level player. See that everyone has their own playstyle. It's like "you do you" kind of thing lol its their game anyway, let them be. Or try to friend them, educate them lol

Quote Originally Posted by MNmoose View Post
    I don’t mind filling a box of items for a townie be it someone from my hood or from the RSS. What I can’t understand is if it’s something that you probably wouldn’t fill yourself why ask others? One persons townie wanted 15 honey pots! 15 people! I get that people might need that townie served for a derby task, but isn’t there ever a point when you’d rather just let that townie go because what they wanted was just ridiculous? I had to do that last week and while it stunk, I couldn’t see asking anyone else to help fill it either.
    i, too, do not understand this. I have 1 person in my NH who consistently does this and it will go days and days infilled causing her to take until Saturday or Sunday to complete a derby. I have tried to talk to her about it many times to make sure she knows she can send them away. In reality, when she has a townie needed 20 sugars or 11 cheese or 15 honey as in your example, if she has to wait days for someone to fill that help, she could have severed many people in that slot and completed the task.

Believe me I understand the desire not to release say a dancer if you need her for a dancer specific task, but instead that is one person not coming on the train, a spot in town that you cannot pick a dancer up from a neighbor, etc and ultimately, it is usually a different dancer that completes the task for you while she continues to wait until it is filled. I have seen an active help for crazy amounts of stuff open for more than a week. However, she just won’t release them. When I asked her who filled it, usually it was her. But if it takes a week to make the supplies to fill the request then that townie should have been sent on her way.

I used to fill a ton of crazy requests for her but ultimately I had to stop because my farm was suffering filling her daily requests, 4 trucks, 4 slots on every single boat, 4 townies a day....well you get the picture. Even though I don’t fill all of them now, she still makes the requests and yes, they sit open for days at a time quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    I trash truck orders, but never townies. I took it as a personal challenge to always fill whatever they want, regardless of how long it took me to accumulate the items. That said, i never ask for help with townies as that defeats the whole personal challenge idea. So, I agree with OP that asking for help seem strange, but not that those townies need to be trashed. Trashing depends on playing style and goals
    I too never ask for help with to its but I do on occasion trash a townie, but it is rare. I always send townies to the grocery first in case it is a crazy request but even most crazy requests I can fill and recover from within the day. So I agree, it is about personal playing style.

I am constantly amazed by the truck and town orders that are flagged for help. I don’t ask for help in either trucks or town and rarely fill others as they usually want large amounts of items like wax, honey, dairy etc. Like Tahoe I often see the same ones flagged for days.

Farm Level 181. Town 55. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

15 honey pots? Here you go. ...Yawn....anything else?

I harvest 20 honeycombs at a time so 15 pots is really not much. For one farm, it should simply be ignored. Request quantities algorithm is not balanced and that's it. But at my level, it's not a matter of convenience anymore, but a matter of bragging rights. (Shirley asked for 15 honey pots and guess what? Buligo gave her the 15! He and his magic barn, who he think he is?, IKR!?!)
    15 honey on the trade scene means 5 barn tools. 5 Bem: a huge step toward a bigger barn for a small farm, an insignificant step for mankind
    Lets just have fun and ignore the other things.
    Last edited by BULIGO; February 6th, 2020 at 12:45 AM.