Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Placement reset

Quote Originally Posted by pcannon48 View Post
    I'm against re-seeding also. My clan fought our way to crystal II. We are usually always outmatched, we have 3 th13s, 3 th12s, 5 th11s and the rest th10s and th9s, but we stay in crystal II. If we were re-seeded we would probably be demoted and have to fight our way back up EVERY season reset.
    Why do you feel that is the case? I'm not advocating a straight reset or set 0. Ideally it would be a combination of previous efforts + current roster weight vs either prior or league average or ??? (insert suggestion here)
    Last edited by Tvsever; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvsever View Post
    Eh I donnu if I would put it that way. I'm not a person that is married to an idea and thinks that there is only way (my way) to do something and that idea can't evolve. I made a suggestion based on my experiences, read other peoples feedback and experiences, looked at it from a perspective outside of my own and amended my suggestion, and as we discuss it more that recommendation continues to take shape.

I'm here for the discussion maybe others can chime in with other perspectives that I didn't account for.

People here are starting to speak up about their concerns if a system like this was implemented their hard work to push up would be invalidated if they are say punching above their roster weight and enjoying it. The question I see it now is how do you setup a seasonal system that allows folks to carry the efforts of a previous season but not be trapped if you find yourself in a situation where your roster can no longer your league location.

But you are totally right I'll never have everyone here singing the same song. But we can all have a discussion and theory craft, and maybe if we come up with something good it might some way work it's way up the chain, or at least kill some time until my builders are free :P
    So a seasonal reset across the board cant be implemented then.. not that I would be persuaded otherwise anyway..
    It would become too much like like regular war, which the system was never supposed to be in the first place..
    i took on board your "partial" weighting, but weight would need to be subtle at best in a performance ladder.
    The only problem here, is clans like yourself that dont like being stranded.

It could only really be more of a QOL thing, that would be for personal use, rather than a change to the fundamental structure, and the promotion/demotion achievement schedule..
    There are those that actually like, and prefer the system as is.. And they dont need to convince anyone of compromise/change..
    It already works their way.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    So a seasonal reset across the board cant be implemented then.. not that I would be persuaded otherwise anyway..
    It would become too much like like regular war, which the system was never supposed to be in the first place..
    i took on board your "partial" weighting, but weight would need to be subtle at best in a performance ladder.
    The only problem here, is clans like yourself that dont like being stranded.

It could only really be more of a QOL thing, that would be for personal use, rather than a change to the fundamental structure, and the promotion/demotion achievement schedule..
    There are those that actually like, and prefer the system as is.. And they dont need to convince anyone of compromise/change..
    It already works their way.
    Do you mind elaborating, I don't understand how you draw this conclusion?

Absolutely, if your roster was static or in a state of improvement that 100% would make sense. But for those of us who are unfortunate to have ended up at one point with a stronger roster then we currently possess you find yourself stuck in purgatory. Do I want to eat crow and drop down from where I am heck no, is it what makes the best sense for health of a clan that now has a much weaker roster then it once did...maybe. Unless there is a better way to recruit.
    Some would lose on purpose to drop one tier lower, which is going to be much easier than the current tier (too much of a difference in many cases). I wouldn't want to do that. I would rather just keep working on trying to climb back up. I would upgrade like crazy to get stronger next season to give us a better chance of placing higher and if I had players not being really active between seasons I'd try to replace them with stronger more active players.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Some would lose on purpose to drop one tier lower, which is going to be much easier than the current tier (too much of a difference in many cases). I wouldn't want to do that. I would rather just keep working on trying to climb back up. I would upgrade like crazy to get stronger next season to give us a better chance of placing higher and if I had players not being really active between seasons I'd try to replace them with stronger more active players.
    You've lost me because that is what is happening now. I agree anything that prompts sand bagging or losing intentionally is counter productive.

But he wants to deter clans from being inactive within the system.. Actually turn it into a competition.. How bizarre (lol)

To solper.. Point/star deduction likely wouldnt work, because those clans are simply signed up by a few individuals within the clan that enjoy playing.. They will be fully aware that the members wont attack, and getting demoted would likely help their cause, since they certainly cant be playing to win.
    This is my opinion, and I do not talk on others behalf.

Your prediction that Point/star deduction does not work is your opinion and I urge you to look in the glass ball again.

My suggestion was an example of how things can be solved, by "points penalty" based on how it is done in other sports leagues.
    And you know what, this works incredibly well.
    But CWL is not like other sports leagues, there is little with the judges who monitor matches ...
    Here you can get points without participating, in which other sports league you can ...
    That's why I can't really say you're wrong.

CWL has synergy effects, both positive and negative.

I don't think it's fair play to encourage the system bypass and I don't like the attitude of many of the "activists" here in the forum, although I like to read what they write.

Earlier I saw you ask a question about messing with matchmaker in regular war, I think you felt you were a bit on thin ice at the time and it's not against rules. I mean it's on the verge of fair play rules.

But urge to bypass the system in CWL, I think it's not Fair Play...

I think I got my point of view; that there are signs that CWL could be better and I don't like the attitude of many of the forum activists and I don't feel like discussing more.

To discuss only to discuss, I do not bother.

Ends with
    I think one thing that makes games exciting for many is the fact that they can fool the system.

Example:
    FWA clearly violates rules, but it affects others so little that SC allows it.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Reference: https://supercell.com/en/safe-and-fair-play/
    OTHER UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
    - Knowingly exploiting a bug
    - Messing with Matchmaking
    - Match fixing
    - Encouraging others to break the rules

“I didn’t know…” is not a valid excuse. We’re all here to have fun and enjoy the game!

You've lost me because that is what is happening now. I agree anything that prompts sand bagging or losing intentionally is counter productive.
    You asked "Do I want to eat crow and drop down" and answered for yourself that you don't want to. I added that this is what some choose and you would likely find it much easier a tier down (you probably don't have to drop for months straight). I also noted that I agree with you, I wouldn't want to do that. I'd rather just keep working on trying to climb back up and noted what I would do in that effort.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Do you mind elaborating, I don't understand how you draw this conclusion?
    I can maybe elaborate some..
    Fist off.. The opinion is split.. Some like it as is, some dont..
    So any change would affect those that dont want change, as well as those that do..
    In my opinion, since there aint consensus, then those that wish to stick should be able to..
    Hence "the season reset cant be across the board"..

Onto becoming more like regular war..
    easy to answer on my part..
    Regular war is weighted..
    And although I enjoy regular best, it is more open to randomised manipulation, since the roster carries a weight figure.. Anyone that knows the system and weights, can engineer themselves into a match that is over bar the shouting on prep day.. i have warred with one of our guys.. The match is way out.. but the figures likely add up.
    Even without the manipulation, I prefer the change that cwl brings.. Its requirements are polar opposite of regular, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to survive in a pond where all the fish are much bigger.. And there is no consequence, no red line, if I fail..
    I think, leave weight to random spin, concentrate on the performance that cwl demands.. Due to the different pre requisite, lets keep them separate.
    And the problem with the current cwl system, is that if a clan loses too much power, then it loses the ability to compete.. An added problem, is that there are always those that look to tank.. So demoting on merit will be a rare occurrence.. hence they are stranded.

QOL..
    If they introduced a system whereby a clan has the choice to stick or reseed, rather than a full overhaul of the system, then that could appease those that want out, whilst not directly affecting anyone else.

As to the closing statement..
    It is noted during posts, that there are those that enjoy the system for what it is, in its current state..
    Numbers, percentages, I have no idea of..
    But since the system already appeases them, then I feel their feelings should be considered as important..
    They arent looking for change, others are.. So its up to the others to either adapt, or convince SC that change is required.. The lovers already have what they want...
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:57 PM.

I can maybe elaborate some..
    Fist off.. The opinion is split.. Some like it as is, some dont..
    And, the thing is, there already is an alternative system where it is weighted and based more on skill and less on progression. I happen to like that system better and if forced to pick only one I would chose classic war. However, I do like the break from it for something different one week per month and enjoy CWL as well.

Those who hate the CWL system definitely can just do regular war instead. They lose out on medals, but it isn't worth it if it isn't fun. On the other hand, if medals are that important, look at it as a medal farming week and don't focus on wins/losses.