Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A different way to play

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #121
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMayur View Post
    I don't see we are ill fit, in some of seasons we came 2nd rank in skme middle & in some 5-6th....but most time its mismatched
    He didn't mean an ill fit in the sense of doing badly. He meant that if you can't persuade your clanmates to see it that way, then as a group, you are not a good fit for playing the CWL style of wars. It isn't for everybody, even ifthey can do reasonably well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Sounds balanced.

Don't use that Gif, its making me laugh continuosly ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    He didn't mean an ill fit in the sense of doing badly. He meant that if you can't persuade your clanmates to see it that way, then as a group, you are not a good fit for playing the CWL style of wars. It isn't for everybody, even ifthey can do reasonably well.
    Ya got it after reading it again

By the way thank you for mods & guys who replied without getting irritated for my complains.
    Happy Clashing!
    Last edited by IamMayur; February 3rd, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

How the hell I am gonna say my clan mates that attack poorly? Just like that?
    My entire clan attacks poorly. I am probably the worst. (But I did just get a one-star 18% victory because somebody put their clan hall in the very corner.)

The system allows us to fall to the point where we battle others who are equally inept. Life is good.

I don't see we are ill fit, in some of seasons we came 2nd rank in skme middle & in some 5-6th....but most time its mismatched
    If this is the case, I would argue you're not really mismatched.

Think of it this way - the teams in your league are in that league based on a cross-product of skill and progression. In this cross-product, you are approximately all the same. Some clans have better progression and less skill (and we'll file participation under skill for this purpose). Others have less progression but more skill - this sounds more like your clan. If it wasn't, you would get relegated each month until your cross-product aligns better with the league you end up in.

Of course, the 8 clans in your draw is a small sample size - usually, it is somewhat representative of the league in general. Sometimes, you're unlucky and draw 7 of the better clans in your league, other times, maybe you're lucky and draw all bad ones. More often than not though, you'll get one or 2 top clans and one or two bottom clans, and a few average clans.

If you're arguing the leagues should be based on equal progression, the skill difference across the league would be too great, and engineering would take over. I think this is a counterproductive idea, and one that shouldn't be implemented. There is one area where progression is (roughly) equal and that's in the Champions leagues - everyone is a TH13 there. But that doesn't work for mixed clans.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Pro Member

If you're coming in 2nd or in the middle (event 5-6th) then your clan is right where it's supposed to be.

My clan has been in a similar situation since CWL started. We are constantly "outmatched" by our opponents having TH 9s and 10s at the bottom of our roster "going" against TH 10s and 11s. However, our TH 13s out perform other clans TH 13s because we are more skilled (see more e-dragons than I'd expect against our bases). So while the other clan has a "strength" advantage, my clan has a "skill" advantage (against the right base design I'm confident taking my TH 9 against a TH 12 for 2 stars). These advantages tend to even out and gives my clan a good shot at winning each individual war.

Sometimes we come across a clan that either matches us in "skill" or far outclasses us in "strength". These are usually clans that were demoted the season before. My clan as well played the back and forth game as for a while we were too strong for Crystal 2 but far too weak for Crystal 1. We've been consistent in Crystal 1 for a while, but 4 TH 13 accounts moved on abruptly with little explanation. So I'm expecting this season to be quite difficult and likely we'll be demoted back to Crystal 2 again.

Then you better climb the ladder in the same level opponents. Climbing the ladder on lower level players doesn't make player pro

I see this argument quite a lot in these types of threads. People want the CWL matching to be weight based because that's what they're used to in regular wars. Seeing bases that are far stronger than their bases puts them in a frenzy, shouting "unfair". They forget to think about the "skill" part of CWL and only focus on the "strength" aspect.

My first question is, if the system had weight matching included, what do you do with a clan that far surpassed all the other clans in it's weight class? Take a clan full of only TH 8s. After beating every other clan that has similar weight to this they'd be the only clan in their league for this weight level. Then what?

Do they wait 3+ months for more clans at this weight to be promoted before they can participate in CWL again? If I was in this situation that'd be horrible to wait that long just for a match.

Do they not get promoted our of their current league as there wouldn't be enough clans in the next league up? I wouldn't like this either as even though I won my group I get nothing for it? At least winning in Champ 1 allows for clans to move on to the ESL qualifiers.

Do you match this full TH 8 clan against clans that are slightly stronger then them? I'd argue this would be the best solution. It'd prevent any sort of artificial caps on what league this clan could achieve as well as not lock them out of participating for months on end every time they bested their competition. Then if this clan is skillful enough to overcome a minor strength deficiency then they'd be promoted again and face even stronger competition....

Wait a minute, that's exactly what we currently have. The more you win the stronger the competition you face is. If you lose you face weaker competition. I know there are some clans that "game" the system to artificially stay in a lower league, but those clans aren't getting as many rewards as they would be if they pushed as high as they could.

I see it same as you are talking. My clanmates go crazy when they see a mismatch. Thats why talk here to find the reason & solutions for it

If it's just an issue with your clan mates complaining about the match up, then it's likely time for you to educate them on how CWL works. Explain that the reason you're seeing these "mismatches" is because your clan is above average/good attackers. Pose it as a challenge to take on these "stronger" bases and prevail anyways.

Simply by matching equal clans. Will help to have neck to neck competition with none of clan having upper hand
    Hall parity would only work with the higher tiers, if the aim is for "fair, competitive" matches..
    Because weight only decrees the part you can view..
    Weighted war throws the emphasis onto playing skill, so would only satisfy the skilful clans (and we already have regular war for that)..
    It appears you want change for purely personal gain, rather than improvement for the masses.

That parity can be achieved by growing the accounts, therefore taking progression out of the equation..
    Everybody at the top is top weight.. this is why the recognised competition is focused there.

CWL is the fairest system of war, as it is open to all, and cant be manipulated..
    Each clan reaches where they are at on merit.. They earned it..
    Some will be bigger, some will be better players..
    But everyone will be where they are at due to how they have performed with what they carry in previous seasons..

BTW.. Ajax pointed it out..
    But "maxers are maxers" was a reference to mindset..
    And "hard to change" was in reference to it being hard to change that mindset..

I dont want any change to cwl.. It brings "fairness" in the form of a weight buffer for those clans with lesser playing ability..
    and its fair because size is only one of 4 required elements for cwl (the others being skill, organisation, and activity)

For those that are stuck with a regular war mindset, and struggle to comprehend that some wars (or seasons) are obviously unwinnable, even on prep day.. it is the person/clan mindset that needs to change, rather than the system..
    Why have 2 systems that are identical?.. That wouldnt make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    If this is the case, I would argue you're not really mismatched.

Think of it this way - the teams in your league are in that league based on a cross-product of skill and progression. In this cross-product, you are approximately all the same. Some clans have better progression and less skill (and we'll file participation under skill for this purpose). Others have less progression but more skill - this sounds more like your clan. If it wasn't, you would get relegated each month until your cross-product aligns better with the league you end up in.

Of course, the 8 clans in your draw is a small sample size - usually, it is somewhat representative of the league in general. Sometimes, you're unlucky and draw 7 of the better clans in your league, other times, maybe you're lucky and draw all bad ones. More often than not though, you'll get one or 2 top clans and one or two bottom clans, and a few average clans.

If you're arguing the leagues should be based on equal progression, the skill difference across the league would be too great, and engineering would take over. I think this is a counterproductive idea, and one that shouldn't be implemented. There is one area where progression is (roughly) equal and that's in the Champions leagues - everyone is a TH13 there. But that doesn't work for mixed clans.
    Last cwl our opponents got all 15 th13 vs our 3 th23 & we came 6th, barely avoided the demotion.
    Secondly you are talking about luck, thats why I am saying that luck plays major part in cwl

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It appears you want change for purely personal gain, rather than improvement for the masses.
    This shows you didn't read all my posts