Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A different way to play

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvsever View Post
    Smh they do that already, it’s not that hard if you don’t care about growing a clan, they either swap clans or make new clans. There are groups / leagues designed specifically for this. It wouldn’t make it any easier. I’m not advocating the ability to replace every cwl without any checks. I’m suggesting adding seasons to cwl, or a limited use button, maybe it’s triggered if your lineup is a significantly different then the previous cwl, maybe it’s only once a year, or maybe someone has a better idea of how to gate it . But we can really use an option that doesn’t entail losing on purpose or starting new clans.
    You do realize that most of those “medal farmers” are really shooting themselves in the foot and losing out on medal potential ?

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You do realize that most of those “medal farmers” are really shooting themselves in the foot and losing out on medal potential ?
    I wouldn’t doubt it, my only point is that having cwl seasons or a conditional replacement button wouldn’t introduce any new means of exploitation that doesn’t currently exist.

...or to your point perceived exploitation
    Last edited by Tvsever; February 5th, 2020 at 04:36 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #163
    Quote Originally Posted by ctb1981 View Post
    How is there TH at 10 & there is no air defense? I can't upgrade my TH till everything is built.
    Presumably they were at TH10 before that rule came in. It came at the same time as TH12 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvsever View Post

Ref to the downside of a reset option. It’s like talking to a wall. Everyone who wants to game the system is doing so right now, no reset button needed to do everything your afraid would happen, how it’s done has been outlined many times. Having a seasonal reset or a reset button in NO way will change that as the folks who game the system have no qualms hoping clans. This system as it exists now does not support clan growth. Please tell me one downside of the reset button that doesn’t exist right now with clan swapping?

again, I know exactly how the system works now, and I believe it can be better.
    You may know how it works, but you don't understand why it works that way, or you wouldn't be making this suggestion..

A reste would have two main effects. First, it would utterly destroy the whole concept of the way a ladder works.

Second, it would make gaming the system far easier, and give more point to it.

Incidentally, your comment about sports teams shows you to be American. Only America has widespread use of the draft system, which seriously handicaps the strongest teams each system, in an attempt to level the playing field. Though it does make your desire for a reset more understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

How is there TH at 10 & there is no air defense? I can't upgrade my TH till everything is built.
    It is also possible for that to happen when the player didn't place a particular building on the war base( as from the pic).There is no compulsion to do so even now- that's basically pointless though since the matchmaker would consider the war weight of that building regardless of whether it is placed on the war base at all, I think.

Hey
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You may know how it works, but you don't understand why it works that way, or you wouldn't be making this suggestion..

A reste would have two main effects. First, it would utterly destroy the whole concept of the way a ladder works.

Second, it would make gaming the system far easier, and give more point to it.

Incidentally, your comment about sports teams shows you to be American. Only America has widespread use of the draft system, which seriously handicaps the strongest teams each system, in an attempt to level the playing field. Though it does make your desire for a reset more understandable.

No, I fully understand it and I disagree that my suggestion(s) would impede that in any way. look at any other game with a ladder system they almost all have seasons they don’t run forever. And no it wouldn’t make gaming the system any easier you must be skimming what I’m suggesting and applying your own assumptions. Adding seasons doesn’t assist in gaming the system in any way and you can mitigate any concerns around a replace button with the correct set of parameters being met for qualifications.

Oh and I’m not American. Please stop making assumptions about who I am and what I know and don’t know, and instead read what I actually wrote, I expect more from a mod, maybe try understanding things from a different perspective, I’m sure if you were in my shoes (or all the other people whom have raised similar concerns) you’d see things otherwise, welcome to audit my clan anytime you want if you think you can fix things.
    Last edited by Tvsever; February 5th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.

Hasn't stopped "People gaming the system".
    Makes sense, to bad there isn't a way to get them out.
    No mate.. Its too bad we cant get more of them in..
    I would gladly trade give 3 stars, take 3 stars..
    Lop sided legacy accounts are exactly the kind of opposition to face in a competition where its stars gained that counts..
    A regular account may have proved difficult, due to carrying defence.

New Bloke/Chick
    To me the only problem with CWL, or at least the reason we keep getting these recurring threads about "unfair matchups", is that in lower leagues where clans have a wide range of town hall levels, the premise of "reaching equilibrium" never happens since CWL happens too infrequently compared to how drastically a clan's power can swing with 1-2 skilled players leaving or joining.

Take my clan for example we were doing pretty well, promoted a couple times in a row then one of the Co-Leaders with two TH13 accounts disappeared. We had to either leave his strong bases in for defense (but no stars on offense) or replace him with TH9 accounts that will get wrecked (but maybe still get stars on offense) - long story short we were sadly mismatched and 8th place a couple months in a row. Recently, someone's friend in Legend's league joined, then we go back to 2nd and promoted. This month that Co-Leader is back with his 2 accounts, and two days in we're obliterating opponents, it's silly (73 stars for us, 1 star earned against us).

You could argue that's not a problem with CWL just because my clan's attendance varies so wildly, but it's definitely pretty common and leads to the type of badly balanced matchups that lead to people whining in the forums. Only way you could fix it would be to have CWL more often, and maybe less teams per. Personally I'd love to see CWL be something that you could sign up for at any time, but downsized to 3-4 teams (1 promoted, 1 demoted, 1-2 stay same) and rewards scaled down to compensate for increased frequency. I mostly say that though because I love CWL and don't like doing regular Clan Wars

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    To me the only problem with CWL, or at least the reason we keep getting these recurring threads about "unfair matchups", is that in lower leagues where clans have a wide range of town hall levels, the premise of "reaching equilibrium" never happens since CWL happens too infrequently compared to how drastically a clan's power can swing with 1-2 skilled players leaving or joining.

Take my clan for example we were doing pretty well, promoted a couple times in a row then one of the Co-Leaders with two TH13 accounts disappeared. We had to either leave his strong bases in for defense (but no stars on offense) or replace him with TH9 accounts that will get wrecked (but maybe still get stars on offense) - long story short we were sadly mismatched and 8th place a couple months in a row. Recently, someone's friend in Legend's league joined, then we go back to 2nd and promoted. This month that Co-Leader is back with his 2 accounts, and two days in we're obliterating opponents, it's silly (73 stars for us, 1 star earned against us).

You could argue that's not a problem with CWL just because my clan's attendance varies so wildly, but it's definitely pretty common and leads to the type of badly balanced matchups that lead to people whining in the forums. Only way you could fix it would be to have CWL more often, and maybe less teams per. Personally I'd love to see CWL be something that you could sign up for at any time, but downsized to 3-4 teams (1 promoted, 1 demoted, 1-2 stay same) and rewards scaled down to compensate for increased frequency. I mostly say that though because I love CWL and don't like doing regular Clan Wars
    The only problem is player turnover?..
    we are talking about mixed hall at the lower tiers?..
    I could understand it if you were pushing higher, then had members leave..

For the biggest problem at lower tier, watch how many attacks get missed each round (which I feel you touch on with "varied attendance")..
    I have seen wars in my group, where I personally have done more attacks than two clans matched together have done between them..
    many have the size, but simply dont bother to attack..
    Seems like an enthusiastic leader or co leader signs them up.. Then nothing but a few competent players doing their raids, and the rest staying away.

What would be the point of having more cwl seasons, if they dont even turn up once per month..
    I think down sizing from 8 to 4 clans would take much away from cwl's potential ..
    It would be unlikely to increase the activity of those stay away clans, would dilute the competition, and magnify any discrepancies..

Some people are simply unreliable.. Dont matter that others are relying on an appearance to bolster their chances.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    What would be the point of having more cwl seasons, if they dont even turn up once per month..
    I think I forgot to wrap that point up at the end of my post - if you had CWL more often, then the whole premise of each clan reaching equilibrium "where they belong" would be more accurate. Right now the RC time constant is too long

Also secondary point of more CWL would be that I love CWL much more than regular wars, so there's no such thing as too much CWL