Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Yeti in the defensive CC....

Question Yeti in the defensive CC....

So...Ive played around with this in standard multiplayer, Legend League, and CW/CWL. For the life of me, I just cannot find a good, solid, defensive CC combination that uses the Yeti and works well.

Youd ideally want a mix both to keep enemy troops engaged and have impact ground or air. At 18 housing space and with ground only targeting, he takes up a LOT of real estate.

Anyone else finding better luck?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Consensus in my clan is that 18 space of wallbreakers would be more useful than a yeti. It's just not its thing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    I haven't seen one used defensively yet.

In low Legends, it is all some combination of Dragons, baby drags, lava hounds, witches, Ice Golems, very occasionally an edrag
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Witches have become REAL popular in low Legend lately. A couple three throwing a zillion skellies are usually enough to really mess up an ED based attack. Personally, I really like running a Lavahound and IG. So long as the IG comes out, it and the Lavahound have problematic after-effects (pups, freeze) on a lot of attacks.

I look at the Yeti in much the same way - the dropping of its Yetimites is an after-effect that should cause a lot of trouble but, thus far, they seem to be too weak to have any significant impact.

TBH, I’m not sure there’s really any benefit to carrying them in the offensive CC either. Again, it’s the size that’s the problem. I can see maybe running one in a TH6 CC, but TH7 and TH8 are better off with air troops (Loons, Dragons) or Hogs; TH9 is the same but also with Lavahound and EDs in the air mix; TH10 and TH11 strats wouldn’t really see any benefits from carrying just 1 either. You can stick 2 into a TH12 or TH13 CC but it seems you’re better off just cooking them and using the 40/45 units in the CC for any of a number of other troop combinations.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Witches have become REAL popular in low Legend lately. A couple three throwing a zillion skellies are usually enough to really mess up an ED based attack. Personally, I really like running a Lavahound and IG. So long as the IG comes out, it and the Lavahound have problematic after-effects (pups, freeze) on a lot of attacks.

I look at the Yeti in much the same way - the dropping of its Yetimites is an after-effect that should cause a lot of trouble but, thus far, they seem to be too weak to have any significant impact.

TBH, I’m not sure there’s really any benefit to carrying them in the offensive CC either. Again, it’s the size that’s the problem. I can see maybe running one in a TH6 CC, but TH7 and TH8 are better off with air troops (Loons, Dragons) or Hogs; TH9 is the same but also with Lavahound and EDs in the air mix; TH10 and TH11 strats wouldn’t really see any benefits from carrying just 1 either. You can stick 2 into a TH12 or TH13 CC but it seems you’re better off just cooking them and using the 40/45 units in the CC for any of a number of other troop combinations.
    I'm using 2 plus a valk and barb to suicide town halls with the blimp. Saw it in an itzu video. When some key defenses are near, they do quite well.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Defensively yetis suck. I experimented with them in my defensive cc for cwl when they 1st released and they were bad; worse than edrag bad.
    I've used them on offense on my th11 mini for normal raiding and they are good.
    Yetis are a troop that are great on offense but poor on defense.
    I'm floating around 5100 some odd trophies in legends and I'm seeing a lot of witch/minion/baby drag combos, or lavahound combo ccs.
    On defense I'm running with 2 witches, 1 dragon, and an archer.
    I'm thinking of dropping the dragon and replacing it with a baby dragon and rest archers (so 2 witches, 1 baby dragon, and 11 archers).

On offense I'm running 5 valks and 1 giant with a rage in the cc.
    I use a yeti--bowler-witch-bat comp. It does decent, but can go from hero (3 stars) to zero (no stars) in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by joemann8478; February 2nd, 2020 at 11:54 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Defensively yetis suck. I experimented with them in my defensive cc for cwl when they 1st released and they were bad; worse than edrag bad.
    I've used them on offense on my th11 mini for normal raiding and they are good.
    Yetis are a troop that are great on offense but poor on defense.
    I'm floating around 5100 some odd trophies in legends and I'm seeing a lot of witch/minion/baby drag combos, or lavahound combo ccs.
    On defense I'm running with 2 witches, 1 dragon, and an archer.
    I'm thinking of dropping the dragon and replacing it with a baby dragon and rest archers (so 2 witches, 1 baby dragon, and 11 archers).

On offense I'm running 5 valks and 1 giant with a rage in the cc.
    I use a yeti--bowler-witch-bat comp. It does decent, but can go from hero (3 stars) to zero (no stars) in a heartbeat.
    You know it was only reading this, I suddenly realised I hadn't changed my defensivce CC n Legends after upgrading it to 45 spaces less than 10 days after TH13 came in

Oh well, changed for tomorrow now

2 Witches, a baby drag, 2 wiz, 3 archers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You know it was only reading this, I suddenly realised I hadn't changed my defensivce CC n Legends after upgrading it to 45 spaces less than 10 days after TH13 came in

Oh well, changed for tomorrow now

2 Witches, a baby drag, 2 wiz, 3 archers.
    Haha..yeah, I wonder how many people forgot to update their defensive cc in legends aftet upgrading the cc.
    I'm a very particular/meticulous person, so as soon as I hammered the cc upgrade I updated my defensive cc troops.

Centennial Club
    I was using one with two witches for a couple weeks, hoping that the yeti mites might kill a queen in the kill squad going after my nearly exposed th. Just never worked that way, so back to the ice golem and it adds some more spaces for filler.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH13
    Former Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ RIP

Yeti's never seemed like that would be good defense to me, too much like a golem and the little yetimites have too low amount and HP where a poison eliminates them quickly.

What I'd really love to see is miners able to burrow on defense. That was one I never understood cause if they burrowed then they might be OK, but probably still not great.

At least Yeti's are better than Miners.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked