Thread: Best technique for first prize boat

Best technique for first prize boat

Does anyone know the best way to get a boat to arrive with a prize (like tomorrow’s scrolls) without having to wait four hours past the start of the event? It seems like you should be able to send a boat before the event starts and then get a prize when the first boat comes in after the new day, but it never seems to. So you can’t get a prize boat without waiting at least four hours. Any better techniques that don’t involve boosters or diamonds? Many thanks.

Below is my understanding (timeline)

a) Send boat BEFORE, next boat will NOT HAVE reward from the event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------- BOAT EVENT START ---------------------- (8:00 UTC)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If still need puzzle piece and if puzzle piece is meant to arrive:
    b) Send boat AFTER, next boat will NOT HAVE reward from the event. Boat will HAVE puzzle piece.

If no need for puzzle piece:
    c) Send boat AFTER, next boat will HAVE reward from the event.

Conclusion: in my case (no puzzle piece needed), I keep the boat ready and send it seconds AFTER event start.
    Last edited by meonhoc; January 31st, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley info : - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

I’m very interested in getting all 5 scrolls for tomorrow’s event, if possible. My understanding is that the game “clock” won’t trigger an event prize boat until the event starts. That means that if there is no boat at your dock when the event starts, the coming boat, the one whose contents can be seen when you tap on your dock, will NOT be part of the event because its contents were programmed before the event. You have to let that boat arrive (or call it early after the event starts with diamonds) to trigger an event boat with a prize. The little prize gift box will show on the dock with the contents to prep. There is no way, to my knowledge, to get the boat to arrive earlier without using diamonds or boosters.

Personally, I pull out all the stops for scroll boat events. 3-crate booster, hire Tom, call boats early to make sure I have enough of everything needed. No other event gets this level of resources from me.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    I’m very interested in getting all 5 scrolls for tomorrow’s event, if possible. My understanding is that the game “clock” won’t trigger an event prize boat until the event starts. That means that if there is no boat at your dock when the event starts, the coming boat, the one whose contents can be seen when you tap on your dock, will NOT be part of the event because its contents were programmed before the event. You have to let that boat arrive (or call it early after the event starts with diamonds) to trigger an event boat with a prize. The little prize gift box will show on the dock with the contents to prep. There is no way, to my knowledge, to get the boat to arrive earlier without using diamonds or boosters.

Personally, I pull out all the stops for scroll boat events. 3-crate booster, hire Tom, call boats early to make sure I have enough of everything needed. No other event gets this level of resources from me.
    There is a way (if you want to call it that) but it's a little difficult/requires a bit of planing or good timing:

The events always start in the morning for me. So I will have a few hours before the start where I'm not online. If I have a boat sitting at my docks the night before I don't fill that and let it sit there. If the timing is right it will drive off while I'm sleeping/offline and the timer for a new one starts. If I log in in the morning AFTER the event started (even 1 minute after), the first boat that arrives will have a prize (but I won't know which goods it requires). If the timing is perfect and the countdown for the boat also finished while I was away, I will have a prize boat as soon as I log in (which could be 1 minute after the event started).
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

One more thing, when the event day is about to end, make sure you send a bot BEFORE the day end (always at 8:00 UTC). Therefore, the next boat will have rewards, even if it arrives at the dock on the next day once event ended.

If time well, during 24h of event, you can have up to 6 boats with rewards (without booster or diamond to call boat early) that arrive at :

- T+4h / T+8h / T+12h / T+16h / T+20h / T+24h or more. T = time when event start.

In reality, boat don't come and go exactly every 4h apart from each other (need time to fill it), I usually do 4 boats on the event day and the 5th one the day after.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley info : - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post

Likewise on my farm. Events start in the evening here and I leave a boat ready to go in the dock and send it after the event has started then call the next boat with the first scroll. Then I have the following day to do the others and as long as the last boat is on its way before the event finishes it will have a scroll too. I save my boat boosters for these events.

Farm Level 181. Town 55. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Last event i spend a whole day filling up a boat which turned out to not have a price. Very annoying implementation.