Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush to Town Hall level 9?

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    Dark troops are good for war but sounds like you’re more a farmer. I wouldn’t hang around 8 working on dark troops and walls.
    Yeah you're right, I'm more of a raid, upgrade, and clan games player. I never enjoyed the stress of the wars lol. Thanks for the tip!

As others have pointed out, the utter lack of an elixir dump at TH8 makes staying there until maxed extremely inefficient.

Concrete advice would be: Get farm troops, 1-2 war strategies and BK maxed, then make the jump.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    As others have pointed out, the utter lack of an elixir dump at TH8 makes staying there until maxed extremely inefficient.

Concrete advice would be: Get farm troops, 1-2 war strategies and BK maxed, then make the jump.
    What do you consider farming troops? I haven't played in a while, I just got back into playing over Christmas break.

New Bloke/Chick
    Unless you care about engineering your war weight for classic Clan Wars, always rush to the next town hall once you have upgraded all offensive buildings and all troops/spells that you actually use. The only downside of rushing before <insert whatever> is upgraded is that pulling your weight in Clan Wars gets harder. Clan War League is easier, Farming is the same as long as you intentionally lose down to a lower bracket, Clan Games is the same, etc

Quote Originally Posted by mpeak13 View Post
    What do you consider farming troops? I haven't played in a while, I just got back into playing over Christmas break.
    Whatever troops you use for farming usually. Barch or Giant Wiz, loonion etc.
    I usually used Giant Wiz in my main account before unlocking Miners.

But for my mini accounts I am using dragons since th7.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeak13 View Post
    Depends what you use for farming. But usually farming troops at that TH level is something like barch, GiWi and later in TH9 goblin knife etc.

The point was, that war strategies and farm strategies don't overlap each other a whole lot in terms of troops and spells at that level. Hence it'd be a terrible shame if you found yourself without at least one TH8 capable war strategy should you ever decide to participate in wars.
    Last edited by Munitor; January 30th, 2020 at 12:54 PM.