Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please make War status Opt In/Out more obvious to the player.

Forum Superstar

Please make War status Opt In/Out more obvious to the player.

Please make War status Opt In/Out more obvious to the player.

Also, allow the leader to switch a members status to Opted Out, and/or switch war status to Opt Out automatically for all players when they join the clan.

This is a matter that I find increasingly frustrating. Out clan welcomes new players, but they don't understand the culture of opting in or out for war. I think that very often they are unaware of their status. When war comes around, sure enough they are not ready for it and don't turn up.

To make it more obvious, there should be some sign of their Opt in/out status on their home village. I've suggested coloring the war button.

In the mean time, until this is done, I will just continue to kick new members who don't read our clan description instruction about not being opted in until they talk to the leader.

Agree, but most of the people will say "kick the player" "find a better one".

Giving more power/option to the Clan leader makes everyone that likes the game in the clan having a better time.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Wouldn’t it be more tedious to have to look at each members’ village than to look at your clan list which already shows each members’ war status?

Here’s a couple ideas that might serve as solutions to your other problem:

Send a mail a couple hours or a day before war letting members know to opt in/out.

If someone you’re not sure of is opted in but has no indication of activity or no response to your mail, exclude them from war. Instead of having to kick them, it might start a discussion they weren’t included, and you can educate them for next time. If they choose to leave, you would have kicked them anyway, so there’s no love lost.

Or you can just put them in and prepare to have their attacks covered.

All these options are better than putting someone questionable in war AND relying on their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Wouldn’t it be more tedious to have to look at each members’ village than to look at your clan list which already shows each members’ war status?

Send a mail a couple hours or a day before war letting members know to opt in/out.

If someone you’re not sure of is opted in but has no indication of activity or no response to your mail, exclude them from war. Instead of having to kick them, it might start a discussion they weren’t included, and you can educate them for next time. If they choose to leave, you would have kicked them anyway, so there’s no love lost.

All these options are better than putting someone questionable in war AND relying on their attacks.
    The purpose of changing the color of the war button, as I read it, was to make it obvious to the player, not the leader. It's easy to see who is green as a leader. As a player, you have to go to your profile. There really arent any compelling reasons to do that as a player. Having it red or green on your main page makes it very obvious. I like the idea.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The purpose of changing the color of the war button, as I read it, was to make it obvious to the player, not the leader. It's easy to see who is green as a leader. As a player, you have to go to your profile. There really arent any compelling reasons to do that as a player. Having it red or green on your main page makes it very obvious. I like the idea.
    After I posted, I realized that but didn’t want to edit since I thought it’d be mentioned mid-edit.

An active player shouldn’t need a constant reminder of their personal war status. An active player will be aware of things like when war is and be cognizant enough to change their opted status as needed whether war has a set schedule or is preceded by a clan mail when held on an irregular cycle.

An inactive or non-daily player probably does need reminders and education on clan culture, but IMO an inactive or non-daily player shouldn’t be in war unless you just need a body and can cover their attacks.

Trainee
    Nice idea... Maybe away for a tutorial before starting 1st time war participants will do

Forum Superstar

> Send a mail a couple hours or a day before war letting members know to opt in/out.

Standard practice. Beginners to the game don't seem to understand. They may have 0 to 20 war stars, and they ask "what is opt out?"

Everyone else in the clan understands that if they go inactive while opted in, they'll be kicked, and may not be able to get back in.

Does SuperCell care about the game being easy to get into for the new players?

> is opted in but has no indication of activity or no response to your mail, exclude them from war.

I tried that, and it is counter productive. If the clan thinks I will make an intelligent judgement instead of reading opt In/Out at face value, then they no longer take as much responsibility to keep it correct.

> you can educate them for next time.

I think I have done that a hundred times. And I have trained the co-leaders to do it too. And after all this time, it seems very obvious that the War Status Opted In or Out should be indicated on the home village screen. On the war button I reckon.

> Or you can just put them in and prepare to have their attacks covered.

Yes, standard procedure. New people don't go in war. I'll put the 1week+ members in war to see how they do, but the conversation telling new kids about their Opt status, what it is set to, and how to change it, it is getting tedious. I'd rather have them understand an easier system, and have to kick less new members.

My goal of the next season is to have some wars where every attack is used. The regulars manage it fine, the new players are slow to catch on.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Indeed, as leader or coleader, I may press the war button to pretend-start a war to check my own war status, alongside my second account.

This actually is quite a frequent issue, because with TH10-11-12-13, it becomes increasingly important to only war with heroes available.

Forum Superstar
    After I posted, I realized that but didn’t want to edit since I thought it’d be mentioned mid-edit.

An active player shouldn’t need a constant reminder of their personal war status. An active player will be aware of things like when war is and be cognizant enough to change their opted status as needed whether war has a set schedule or is preceded by a clan mail when held on an irregular cycle.

An inactive or non-daily player probably does need reminders and education on clan culture, but IMO an inactive or non-daily player shouldn’t be in war unless you just need a body and can cover their attacks.
    My clan wars once per week, and includes a lot of people who do not regularly get on the game every day. They do, however, enthusiastically participate in every weekend war.

Also, a lot of active players play multiple accounts. I've noticed it became a lot more common when they made it so easy to switch between accounts. For these players (like me), the home village war status indicator would be very welcome.