Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Healers prefer Warden to AQ

Millennial Club

Healers prefer Warden to AQ

Iím not sure this is a bug as such (so I posting it here rather than in the bugs sub forum) but has anyone else noticed that the healers now much prefer to follow the warden than the queen?

i tend to put healers in behind a mass of troops and all the heroes (yes I know , Iím a low skill spammer), and historically the healers used to move between heroes, troops wherever they were needed.

what now appears to happen is that 90% of the time they settle on the Warden, and stick to him, even though he appears to be healed up and the nearby AQ is low on health.

is it just me? Or has anyone else noticed this? (I did search before posting)

Forum Veteran
    Healers will remain on their selected target if:

1) even though at full health is under fire
    2) other troops/heroes are out of their Ďsightí (each troop has a limited number of tiles it can see when selecting targets)
    Last edited by SteveoUk; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:29 AM.

Millennial Club
    So you haven’t noticed a change in healer behaviour recently?

I find that the majority of attacks, almost all in fact, the healers finish up following the warden. This didn’t used to be the case, at least I didn’t notice it before.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    The healers are telepathic, and chech what you least want them to follow, then do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The healers are telepathic, and chech what you least want them to follow, then do that
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Iím not sure this is a bug as such (so I posting it here rather than in the bugs sub forum) but has anyone else noticed that the healers now much prefer to follow the warden than the queen?

i tend to put healers in behind a mass of troops and all the heroes (yes I know , Iím a low skill spammer), and historically the healers used to move between heroes, troops wherever they were needed.

what now appears to happen is that 90% of the time they settle on the Warden, and stick to him, even though he appears to be healed up and the nearby AQ is low on health.

is it just me? Or has anyone else noticed this? (I did search before posting)
    Not always. If you go for a WW followed by QW, you'll see that the healers will (probably) go for the queen as soon as she starts to take damage.
    But it's always risky to assume the healers move. Specially after their area of heal effect was reduced, healers will often heal only the queen or the warden, and not both as it was used to be (although not always) in the old times.

Millennial Club
    They key to getting the healers to switch to the AQ from the GW......is actually the only benefit to the AQ's worst AI issue. Walls....simply have her start hitting a wall she shouldn't...the GW will get close as the building she is targeting...he can hit. BOOM...now the healers are close enough to switch to the GW.

I did this today, when the AQ went through 4 walls to kill 3 building....when 1 wall would have lead her to 10+ buildings (including those 3). At the 3rd wall, the healers switched over to her when the GW could hit a building and she couldn't.

If they ever allow the AQ to hit junction walls.....this healer hack will no longer work (but is that really such a bad thing, if they fix the AQ wall loving).
    Last edited by pb913; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:54 PM.

Pro Member
    I believe it is just part of the randomness in the attack or its mechanic is to spesific to tell. distance in game is not measured the way we measure it by the eye so sometimes things that look closer to you arent really close to troop and top of that AI isnt perfect so there isnt really patern to follow just try to avoid those uncertain cases

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    Healers will remain on their selected target if:

1) even though at full health is under fire
    2) other troops/heroes are out of their ‘sight’ (each troop has a limited number of tiles it can see when selecting targets)
    I dont think healer have limited 'sight', if you put healers of edge of the map and troops on the other edge then they will cross all the way for the troop

Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    I dont think healer have limited 'sight', if you put healers of edge of the map and troops on the other edge then they will cross all the way for the troop
    i believe this is because sight is only limited when they are already healing a troop or troops.

i use this very effectively to scout bases. healer and haste on one side of the map, then drop giant on the other side. healer will race across and draw out Teslas and air bombs/ seekers and cc.