Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell! Why so much of favouritism towards one country?

Quote Originally Posted by kasamsettyp View Post
    Celebration is good. I celebrate Christmas, you don't know that. I am already celebrating Lunar, because of this celebration. I am jealous that my country festivals are not getting spotlight. I will also have a feeling that other country buddies should know my country festival and want to have them celebrate along with me. I guess this clears your views now.
    1. You are jealous of an online mobile free to play game for using a widely celebrated occasion for marketing means? I doubt anyone here, or SuperCell, could help with that (no ill intent whatsoever, just an observation)

2. If you want your buddies in other countries to celebrate your country's festival with you, send them info and invite them? That isn't dependent on any game or company in any way, right?

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    1. You are jealous of an online mobile free to play game for using a widely celebrated occasion for marketing means? I doubt anyone here, or SuperCell, could help with that (no ill intent whatsoever, just an observation)

2. If you want your buddies in other countries to celebrate your country's festival with you, send them info and invite them? That isn't dependent on any game or company in any way, right?
    To be fair; there are some celebrations that are easier to include other people in, than others.

/Affront

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    To be fair; there are some celebrations that are easier to include other people in, than others.

/Affront
    I'm not saying anything against that, but if OP has such a strong sentiment about a celebration in their country, they should go with it and follow up with their buddies...

Since 3 years Supercell is celebrating Lunar New Year. Every year the way it is being celebrated is increasing(fair enough).

What I didn't like is why Supercell is too much biased? Even other countries play this game and they also spend bucks on game and play with passion right? Doesn't they deserve a celebration of this sort?

Am not joking, every year the celebration is getting very strong that I felt jealous. I am accepting, either make it a neutral game or at least bloody put wishes in your page. I am from different country and I got to know about lunar. When my country celebrate biggest annual festival, even I expect to see same thing happen right?

I kind of know that people will start to judge me. But these are words I got when I saw the celebrations.
    List every country and their biggest annual festival and create a thread in the 'ideas & feature requests'. SC can look up to that and can decide what to make out of it. See, it's that easy. There are already 3 holidays that SC is celebrating through the games. So I don't think they are being 'biased' towards one country.

Centennial Club
    Since 3 years Supercell is celebrating Lunar New Year. Every year the way it is being celebrated is increasing(fair enough).

What I didn't like is why Supercell is too much biased? Even other countries play this game and they also spend bucks on game and play with passion right? Doesn't they deserve a celebration of this sort?

Am not joking, every year the celebration is getting very strong that I felt jealous. I am accepting, either make it a neutral game or at least bloody put wishes in your page. I am from different country and I got to know about lunar. When my country celebrate biggest annual festival, even I expect to see same thing happen right?

I kind of know that people will start to judge me. But these are words I got when I saw the celebrations.
    it's all about business , China has one of the biggest market in the world with 1.4 billion population ,just imagine how much money Supercell gets from China
    Last edited by anguuchlol; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:14 AM.

It has everything to do with Tencent(a Chinese firm) owning supercell(they only started celebrating it after Tencent acquired it). It has nothing to do with “whole world celebrates” non-sense, It’s a reflection of China’s soft power. Favouritism? Probably, but we can’t do anything about it, world isn’t fair. Supercell is just a video game company, even “super advocates” of human rights and equality aka EU displays favouritism in several of their policies.
    Last edited by 745SG; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:19 AM.

Totally agree!!
    We need Diwali Theme loading screen , obstacle , Events, clan games and Hero skin.
    Not just a banner which doesn't relate to anything in game.
    Last edited by Rishek32215; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:31 AM.

Wait holidays celebration?
    My country flag isn't even available I'll still play this game nuff said.
    Last edited by RH69; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:36 AM.

I am in for not having a single seasonal event or obstacle or any associated stuff and even remove all national flags.
    Then no one could complain they didnt get their national event/stuff.

Btw ""we" need octoberfest theme and skins.😜

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishek32215 View Post
    Totally agree!!
    We need Diwali Theme loading screen , obstacle , Events, clan games and Hero skin.
    Not just a banner which doesn't relate to anything in game.
    You may have missed.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-splash-screen
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:47 AM.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    Celebration is good. I celebrate Christmas, you don't know that. I am already celebrating Lunar, because of this celebration. I am jealous that my country festivals are not getting spotlight. I will also have a feeling that other country buddies should know my country festival and want to have them celebrate along with me. I guess this clears your views now.
    Heres the thing there are many many festivals not celebrated in the game and theres no bias intended by sc at all and you have zero reason to be jealous sadly people are far to quick to complain and take offence at the slightest thing heres a different point of view i play clash because its a great game personally if they removed the christmas and lunar events it wouldnt bother me at all would i take offence at sc removing them nope not all sadly supercell gets far to much uncessery critisicm and no were near enough credit for the good things they do
    Not a spammer nor a toxic person just a forum friendly guy who likes to chat about all things clash of clans and hayday