Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Using Diamonds in Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    What would be your parameters for matching by time zones? Language? The location of the leader? Neither can really tell the composition of the NH. Our NH that is mostly US eastern time zone, but we do have a player with an 11 hour time difference. And language, while may be an indicator would not be a steadfast indicator of where a NH is. Think of all the countries that speak Spanish. They could be located in Europe or South America.

The OP also mentioned dividing the diamond users and the non-diamond users. Again, what would be considered using diamonds for the derby? Adding an extra slot on a production machine, calling a PT early to pick up townies, or finishing a product early? It is probably safe to say that different players would have different thoughts on that.

Our NH ranges from 2 - 5 players in the derby each week. We rarely do not place. We are prepared, communicate, trash the board often, choose tasks carefully, take the additional task, and use delay start. Our levels range from 50-160+.

NHs and leaders need to be willing to try different strategies if what they are currently using is not yielding the results they want.
    Momscar, you have succinctly pointed out all the nuances that make finding any matching algorithm difficult. I think we can all appreciate the many issues that SC faces in trying to find a suitable balance that works for SC and the majority. No single algorithm will work for such a diverse group of people so what we have works as well as any other. It is up to us to work within the framework provided. Well said Momscar.

Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    I play solo and i start usually late thursday. By then i have 10 tasks on the board which i can finish in seconds (completely ready). I dont take trucks, wheat etc cause they take more than a few seconds to finish. And yet, very often, when i take the first task, another player has already finished 7, 8 or 9. In such cases i dont take 10th task, opting for being demoted to expert league but to save 10 diamonds. How come am i paired with players that start at the same time - i fail to understand. But it matters not: every time this happens, i save 10 diamonds so im happy with that.
    The algorithm is quite clear: the derby table is filled with teams with the same number of players in the neighborhood. Once 15 positions are filled, a new table is created for the next 15 neighborhoods. On Tuesday morning, so many teams start to play derby that the table will fill in seconds. Next days, the number of teams starting at the same time is decreasing, so it takes a relatively long time to fill the table with all 15 teams. Therefore, it can easily happen that one who is lucky and gets to the table first, has a considerable time gap over others.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    I play solo and i start usually late thursday. By then i have 10 tasks on the board which i can finish in seconds (completely ready). I dont take trucks, wheat etc cause they take more than a few seconds to finish. And yet, very often, when i take the first task, another player has already finished 7, 8 or 9. In such cases i dont take 10th task, opting for being demoted to expert league but to save 10 diamonds. How come am i paired with players that start at the same time - i fail to understand. But it matters not: every time this happens, i save 10 diamonds so im happy with that.
    my point exactly!

Fresh Spawn
    According to Forbes, 4 million people play Hay Day per day. An algorithm can easily exist that synchronizes players according to entry time, and time zones.
    Last edited by DocH; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:41 AM.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DocH View Post
    According to Forbes, 4 million people play Hay Day per day.
    Out of curiosity, which year was that and do you have a link?

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post

Cheers,

Nick
    LOL, Nick. I think 4 million people will play HD daily in the near future when there is a Sanctuary Animals theme for the Valley.

But seriously, how many people play a specific Supercell game is a closely guarded secret within the company walls because Supercell wants us to judge its games on how fun they are to play instead of many people we think are playing the game..

The above is my speculation.

Lynn
    January 28, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:56 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick, I found the article, which was published in 2013. Here’s the link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/karsten.../#2f0e28a86fc1

The quote about how many people play Hay Day is in a photo caption.