Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Using Diamonds in Derby

Unhappy Using Diamonds in Derby

I absolutely love the derby, but what I am finding is many teams 1st place to 4th habitually use diamonds to secure those ranks. I'm not suggesting banning or limiting diamond use, but rather, determine those teams that always finish the entire derby within 24-48 hours and have them play against each other. That way, die-hard derby fans that do not wish to use diamonds all the time can compete with similar teams giving us a chance to capture some of those higher ranks.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    I use to do solo derbies and the use of gems was one of tbe reasons i retired from derbys it just got so frustrating seeing hoods with max derby points hours in to the derby the other thing that i disliked about derbies was being relagated after scoring max points that was the final straw for me i would love to see the derby given a makeover and the use of gems removed to make it a fairer derby sadly it will never happen because sc make tbeir money from hoods/farmers buying gems
    Not a spammer nor a toxic person just a forum friendly guy who likes to chat about all things clash of clans and hayday

I can understand your frustration of not winning the derby. However, I am a leader of a hood which is casual, and we do finish in the top 3 repeatedly, without the use of diamonds. We stack our tasks, and regularly trash tasks through the day. By doing this we can finish derby rather quickly. It also depends on the type of tasks taken, ie..corn wheat, mining, etc. If you have the resources you can complete a number of tasks in minutes. We usually hold all townies (max of 42) for train/ building tasks. So, you can complete the derby rather quickly without the use of diamonds, with some planning and of course help from hood mates. Don't let it discourage you, by not winning, just trying your best is all that is needed. I hope you continue to enjoy the derby, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pharvey11 View Post
    I absolutely love the derby, but what I am finding is many teams 1st place to 4th habitually use diamonds to secure those ranks. I'm not suggesting banning or limiting diamond use, but rather, determine those teams that always finish the entire derby within 24-48 hours and have them play against each other. That way, die-hard derby fans that do not wish to use diamonds all the time can compete with similar teams giving us a chance to capture some of those higher ranks.
    In 7 people, we can complete the classic derby in less than 12 hours, using diamonds only for the tenth task. Just have a well-coordinated group of people and good tactics. So not everyone who wins necessarily "cheats".

Our hood typically plays with around 10 people, we almost always finish within 24 hours and always place top 3, mostly first. We never burn diamonds to rank, though we do all use the 10th task. The secret to getting through fast without diamonds is to plan with your team and prepare. Only take a task if you can complete it fairly swiftly and keep deleting the lengthy tasks. It really is all about strategy, planning and team. If you leave your game to chance and play spontaneously you’ll never win those derbies without using your precious diamonds!

We are a good of 5 with 2 derby players. We finish within a couple of hours of starting, and almost always 1st place. We do spend diamonds on the 10th task.

Both of us usually have 1 of each peep basket, and a few of the individuals to help round the town out.

We each stack the more common tasks- warm, vegan, tough, spa, picnic, chilly, brunch baskets. We also have sushi, extra honey toast, milk tea, hot chocolate etc.

We trash the board every 30 minutes until we get almost a full board of tasks we can zip through.

The teams you are playing with may be doing the same thing.

Of course if we get the dreaded mystery derby.... it may take a lot longer! We have great communication.

Thanks all! It's nice to hear from you!

We will continue to play faithfully!! And yes, for a two-person, Champion League team, I guess we are holding our own

Quote Originally Posted by pharvey11 View Post
    Thanks all! It's nice to hear from you!

We will continue to play faithfully!! And yes, for a two-person, Champion League team, I guess we are holding our own
    Since we are 2 player also.... maybe we are in the same group! �� we have a red mary poppins emblem, OTAS is the name! Rest assured it's working together , not excessive diamonds that keeps us going! Lol

Fresh Spawn
    Hello Kathy. As a single player in the derby, I also find it quite challenging to complete quickly. Even when I stack tasks and get ready to play fast, by the time I do, others almost immediately are shown to be done or close to it. I agree that even if all prepped, there are others (in other time zones) that finish faster than me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocH View Post
    Hello Kathy. As a single player in the derby, I also find it quite challenging to complete quickly. Even when I stack tasks and get ready to play fast, by the time I do, others almost immediately are shown to be done or close to it. I agree that even if all prepped, there are others (in other time zones) that finish faster than me.
    Just an idea.... do you do the delay start? When I first started that made a big difference.