Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thread Bumping

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand

Thread Bumping

Good morning, everyone. I searched the specific term ďbump threadĒ and didnít find satisfactory results.

I donít want to necro an old thread, but last weekend, I did my research which I cited and posted a new, original, non-game breaking idea that was largely ignored based on the registered members list who viewed the thread, and there were zero replies.

I feel like the idea at least warranted a little discussion, but I watched as it faded away out of existence from the first page under a torrent of poorly-worded, repetitive posts.

Iíve seen other older threads get bumped which I reply to not realizing at first they were started several months prior, and I then delete my comment since I donít want to contribute to ongoing necromancy.

So my question is how old is too old to bump a thread?

I dont think that there is a specified date...
    If you have a question pm a mod

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    I dont think that there is a specified date...
    If you have a question pm a mod
    Good idea. Do you know which mod is best to ask in the Clash Ideas sub forum?

Forum Champion
    Rule 4. No bumping allowed except daily bumps on recruiting threads.

I've read your thread, or rather, skimmed your thread. IMO new content needs time to be explored then integrated BEFORE changes are explored. Give the dev team some time to relax and review how new content is employed before jumping into additions, nerfs and buffs.

I also think if an idea is interesting, others will take it and run. If not it just dies a natural death.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Rule 4. No bumping allowed except daily bumps on recruiting threads.

I've read your thread, or rather, skimmed your thread. IMO new content needs time to be explored then integrated BEFORE changes are explored. Give the dev team some time to relax and review how new content is employed before jumping into additions, nerfs and buffs.

I also think if an idea is interesting, others will take it and run. If not it just dies a natural death.
    Maybe I just missed the boat on the siege thread I referred to in my thread. It doesn't seem like I can post there either if thread bumping isn't allowed unless there's a standard definition of thread bumping like re-posting just to "bump" instead of adding a new idea. I'd just as well add my idea (a contributing comment, not a bump) to the existing, older thread if it was permitted.

Edit: I PMed a mod and am currently awaiting their reply. Thanks for the suggestion, KM.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:47 PM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Good morning, everyone. I searched the specific term “bump thread” and didn’t find satisfactory results.

I don’t want to necro an old thread, but last weekend, I did my research which I cited and posted a new, original, non-game breaking idea that was largely ignored based on the registered members list who viewed the thread, and there were zero replies.

I feel like the idea at least warranted a little discussion, but I watched as it faded away out of existence from the first page under a torrent of poorly-worded, repetitive posts.

I’ve seen other older threads get bumped which I reply to not realizing at first they were started several months prior, and I then delete my comment since I don’t want to contribute to ongoing necromancy.

10 minutes is much to old to bump a thread. Bumping is simply not permitted except for recruitment threads in the relevan subforums which may be bumped once per day.

If you mean necro rather than bump (necro is resurrecting an old thread, bump is a post mainly made to bring a thread back to the top - a post can be both at once), then there is no hard and fast limit.

Personally, I would never consider anything under two weeks to be a necro, and usually more than that. But it would be rare for us not to consider it a necro if it was more than a month or so old. Between thos, it will depend on context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    10 minutes is much to old to bump a thread. Bumping is simply not permitted except for recruitment threads in the relevan subforums which may be bumped once per day.

If you mean necro rather than bump (necro is resurrecting an old thread, bump is a post mainly made to bring a thread back to the top - a post can be both at once), then there is no hard and fast limit.

Personally, I would never consider anything under two weeks to be a necro, and usually more than that. But it would be rare for us not to consider it a necro if it was more than a month or so old. Between thos, it will depend on context.
    Thank you, Ajax. I received additional clarification privately from someone else earlier, and I really do appreciate the time you guys took to provide guidance.

Since you received some provate additional guidance, not sure if below will help... but here we go:

Good morning, everyone. I searched the specific term “bump thread” and didn’t find satisfactory results.

I don’t want to necro an old thread, but last weekend, I did my research which I cited and posted a new, original, non-game breaking idea that was largely ignored based on the registered members list who viewed the thread, and there were zero replies.

The way IFR works can be confusing, just do not expect that replies or comments will make your ideas better or worse, or more pallatable to the dev team: there is never a response to ideas... Simply. The only replies you may get are from players, forum members like you. Mods may reply, either to enforce forum rules, or express their own opinion.
    Many examples exist even with the ruled out ideas being implemented in game. So, there’s definitely no ‘line’ in the sand.

I’ve seen other older threads get bumped which I reply to not realizing at first they were started several months prior, and I then delete my comment since I don’t want to contribute to ongoing necromancy.

Bumping, or necroing, is replying to a discussion without adding new content, or relevant content. The latter is more often seen in necros, as the subject of these discussions may be largely outdated (or not relevant anymore).
    There’s surely no limit in time to active threads, such as the time capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Since you received some provate additional guidance, not sure if below will help... but here we go:

The way IFR works can be confusing, just do not expect that replies or comments will make your ideas better or worse, or more pallatable to the dev team: there is never a response to ideas... Simply. The only replies you may get are from players, forum members like you. Mods may reply, either to enforce forum rules, or express their own opinion.
    Many examples exist even with the ruled out ideas being implemented in game. So, there’s definitely no ‘line’ in the sand.

Bumping, or necroing, is replying to a discussion without adding new content, or relevant content. The latter is more often seen in necros, as the subject of these discussions may be largely outdated (or not relevant anymore).
    There’s surely no limit in time to active threads, such as the time capsule.
    Every bit of information of helpful. In the end, I decided to let my idea die. Whether it’s put in the game or not isn’t a reflection of me, since it was just a suggestion. If something similar shows up in-game, cool. If not, okay. I’m sure someone once thought how neat it would be to introduce troop vehicles to the game, and when Siege Machines were introduced, they either thought Supercell read their idea, or they kicked themselves for not suggesting it, although the suggestion itself could have been largely unnoticed by the fan base. I am aware the dev team doesn’t respond, but I think Darian said the suggestions do get read, perhaps when the devs are having an idea drought. To date, I’ve only created threads on two ideas, a different kind of Siege Machine and an end-game addition to Singleplayer mode. I really like this game, and I took a more active role in the forums after being dormant for about six years to discuss the game, but for the most part, I adapt to existing features and accept the game as is.

On a funny note, as I was typing “suggestions” wrong on my tiny phone keyboard, my auto-correct suggested “Siege Marionette”. Weird.

In reference to my use of the term “bumping”, that was more a general expression for commenting on an older thread, not just typing “bump” to obnoxiously bring a post to the top. Thanks again to the mods who fleshed out the rule, and thank you to you, Palu, for your contribution as well. It’s time like these when you can see these forums really are about community.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:22 PM.

Actually, in the link ‘coc-ifr explained’ in my signature, which is also now in the sticky threads in ifr, you cna understand a bit more how ifr works...
    Also, for fun, I had found for its owner, the member who proposed siege machines, all the way back in 2015. His idea was actually exactly the one that became the Wrecker, but was interestingly enough, proposed as a reply to another idea suggesting a way to target the cc, not the th.