Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Prevent invite trolling!!

Prevent invite trolling!!

So you get one bad apple among your elders/cos, and then even if you close the clan, the low level troll will be invited back again and again, sucking the fun out of the game. How to counter:

- set cool down on rejoining a clan after being kicked
    - set limit on times its possible to join clan after kick
    - set limit on times you can invite same player to same clan
    - implement ban and permaban from clan functionality
    - implement report categories for these players so sc can ban both abuser and inviter
    - implement x joined invited by y so both can be kicked
    - display online status in member list so potential invite candidates can be elucidated
    - disable inviting ability of elders when clan is closed

Please do something about this problem, as as of now the only solution is to mass demote everyone, which is not healthy for clan morale.

How about not giving elders and co's for everyone, but only those who have shown they're worth them?

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Many players move between multiple clans and need to be able to do so. I believe there are already cooldowns for players requesting to rejoin after they've been kicked, but the invite feature is designed to allow clan leaders to overcome those cooldowns in order to move accounts back-and-forth as they need. Supercell has given you these special powers to run your clan; however, it appears you've also given other people the same powers and you can't trust them to use them properly. Unfortunately, that's on you. I understand why demoting everyone could be viewed as demoralizing, but I'd bet it's even more demoralizing and self-destructive being in a clan where players get promoted to positions where they can troll the our clan over and over and no one does anything about it. Explain your reasoning for the demotions and they should recognize that you've made the right decision.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Well people move between clans often infact i keep jumping around clans for like an hour or so to talk with people i meet on global or the peeps from my previous clan.
    There is a cooldown when someone gets kicked from clan or the request to join has been rejected
    If someone gets back after getting kicked thats the problem of your clan may be you promoted some one who is not responsible towards his/her post in clan
    Better talk with em and fix it there rather than posting on forum where im preety sure most will disagree

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Many players move between multiple clans and need to be able to do so. I believe there are already cooldowns for players requesting to rejoin after they've been kicked, but the invite feature is designed to allow clan leaders to overcome those cooldowns in order to move accounts back-and-forth as they need. Supercell has given you these special powers to run your clan; however, it appears you've also given other people the same powers and you can't trust them to use them properly. Unfortunately, that's on you. I understand why demoting everyone could be viewed as demoralizing, but I'd bet it's even more demoralizing and self-destructive being in a clan where players get promoted to positions where they can troll the our clan over and over and no one does anything about it. Explain your reasoning for the demotions and they should recognize that you've made the right decision.
    Sharkyfinn is leadership material

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Well, say you run an anyone can join clan where you promote people on merit, say donate 1000 for elder. It's a good scheme to weed out the less serious players, and make people feel they earned their promotion. However one of those who earned it has a friend with a trophy count way below the clan requirement and feels obliged to invite him again and again (which can be understandable from a sosiological perspective). As of now there is no way to find out who is the inviting culprit, and demoting everyone, even those who worked hard for their promotion, is a little extreme! It is certainly bad for clan morale! And it is fixable with 2 lines of code!

You can of course solve your problem by going through the clan history web sites finding out manually who have been in the same clan before, but it is such a huge effort for something that can be fixed so easily!
    Last edited by ErwinJRommel; January 25th, 2020 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinJRommel View Post
    Well, say you run an anyone can join clan where you promote people on merit, say donate 1000 for elder. It's a good scheme to weed out the less serious players, and make people feel they earned their promotion. However one of those who earned it has a friend with a trophy count way below the clan requirement and feels obliged to invite him again and again (which can be understandable from a sosiological perspective). As of now there is no way to find out who is the inviting culprit, and demoting everyone, even those who worked hard for their promotion, is a little extreme! It is certainly bad for clan morale! And it is fixable with 2 lines of code!

You can of course solve your problem by going through the clan history web sites finding out manually who have been in the same clan before, but it is such a huge effort for something that can be fixed so easily!
    Donate 1000 for elder is not much different than free elder.

Demote everyone except one player. Wait a week. Promote one more. Tell everyone there will be one promotion per week and if that undesired person is invited back, take away elder from the last one to get it and pick a different person the next week.

I do wish leaders could block players from clans, I think it would be a good change, but for now you have to work with what you have.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.