Thread: Clan Fortress Wars

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Clan Fortress Wars

I know some people don't like playing the builder base because there's very little tie-in to the home village and it just feels like playing another unrelated game. Here's an idea for a side game that hopefully has more cohesion with the home village.

The clan fortress is basically a very powerful shared base. Every clan will have one and members must work together to build up their own clan fortress, or strategize on how to take down an enemy fortress during "clan fortress wars".

Building the Base

Buildings are much more powerful than the buildings in the home village. This is because the fortress must endure multiple back-to-back raids.
    The fortress has massive storages for loot, but the loot must come from donations from members' own loot stores. It will require an active clan to be able to afford typical building upgrades. Any clan member can donate.

A co-leader or leader can then decide to use that loot to upgrade existing defenses or build new ones. They can also reorganize the base.

The War

This will be a variation of clan wars. Each clan can designate a team of 10 (or 15, or some other fixed number) of attackers. Each attacker gets one attack and they'll attack the enemy clan's fortress. The clan can decide what order the attackers go in. Attackers use their home village armies, spells, heroes and siege machines. The mechanics of the attack play out in exactly the same way as a war or raid.

One player alone will not be able to take on the clan fortress because of the powerful buildings. Instead, after an attack, the clan fortress base retains the damage it has received. The next attack will be on the slightly damaged fortress, and so forth until all players in the attacking team have used their attacks.

In a normal attack vs a home/war village, there are 3 key objectives that amount to a maximum of 3 stars. On the clan fortress, there could be up to 5 key objectives. There could be 3x TH-esque buildings that amount to 3 stars. 50% could be another star and 100% could be another, totaling 5 stars. The attacking team must work together to achieve as many stars as possible, since it is very unlikely a single player can get more than 1 objective on their own (unless the enemy fortress is poorly designed). The winner of the clan fortress war will be the clan that scores the most stars, with % destruction as a tie breaker.

Tie-Ins with the Home Village

- Donations come from the member's loot stores from their home village. Maxed out players can now keep raiding and looting to donate to the clan fortress.
    - Attackers use their home village armies including troops, heroes, spells, siege machines and CC troops
    - Clan perks can boost certain aspects of the clan fortress. Perhaps % bonus for donations and slight % reduction in upgrade times

Quote Originally Posted by alantangcs View Post
    This will be a variation of clan wars. Each clan can designate a team of 10 (or 15, or some other fixed number) of attackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by alantangcs View Post
    Attackers use their home village armies, spells, heroes and siege machines.
    So designating anything else than th13's would give you worse results.
    Or would there be some kind of matchmaking system?
    Last edited by RaBBjt; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:17 AM.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by RaBBjt View Post
    So designating anything else than th13's would give you worse results.
    Or would there be some kind of matchmaking system?
    Well, I'm not really going to "design" the game mode. This is just an idea. If Supercell ever decides to implement something like this, I'm sure they have their own ideas.

But, to answer your question, I would think it will need to be an arms race, just like CWL is today. Not sure how you would even attempt to do matchmaking in this game mode because there is another variable at play here - the defensive weight of the fortress itself. I think the fortress will have certain levels and the matchmaking will try to match you with another clan with the same fortress level, regardless of the players in the clan.

I really like the idea, and you’ve done a great job explaining how it will work. I admire your effort!

If this really will get added one day, it will need to be tweaked a bit. Loot should come from wars, not donated from members. And there should be a way where the leader can allow/deny access to the base to prevent people from constantly screwing around with it.

Another idea, perhaps there can be designated base builders and attackers! That way everyone gets to contribute their strengths and nobody feels like a burden
    I love it, keep these great ideas coming!

Thanks so much to TerMinus Prime for the sig pic!
    Th11/Bh9
    King: 48 Queen: 47 Warden: 20 BM: 25
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare