Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Multiple Barracks

Pro Member
    Upgraded 2 of my barracks at the same time.

Also I'm in legends (8attacks only) so the longer wait times dont really bother me as much

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Doing one at a time along with the gold pass benefits makes the inconvenience minimal.

1 at a time. Depending on how much I use the new troop, I'll try to hold off on some of the upgrades until there is a 1 gem barracks boost available. That way if I want to speed up training it's (almost) free.

Haven't heard that there will be, but hoping there is one for lunar New year. And if not then, there will likely be one for clan war anniversary which is in a couple months.

Your troop composition must vary depending on what type of barracks you are planning to upgrade. I would like to upgrade 2-3 or 4 if possible then use purely dark troops. They don't get affected by regular barracks, and vice versa.

Be prepared when you update your workshop that you have no siege machines for 8-14 days.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthPez View Post
    Be prepared when you update your workshop that you have no siege machines for 8-14 days.
    The Workshop is a Book of Building-worthy upgrade no matter how short or long the upgrade time.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I generally don't accept the slower training times during Barrack upgrades and will be far more likely to use a Book of Builder to bypass those upgrades, than on anything else.

I had 3 Barracks upgrading at some point .. that was the definition of pain .. never again.

/Affront
    How can I get Golems, Witches, Bowlers and Hogs to work well together....

My barracks were down two at a time, but I'm in legends and I didn't suffer from attacking once an hour for 8 attacks a day.

But if I had one BoB, the barracks are the first target for it (except if we ever get another spell factory upgrade by 2060)

Quote Originally Posted by jatin39 View Post
    So i have 2 barracks upgrading simultaneously & the army i use to farm now requires more than an hour to train which hinders my productivity by a lot.So my question is how many barracks should i upgrade at a time to maximise my farming productivity as i won't be using Yeti anytime soon.Also should i use book of building on barracks considering i have 18d upgrades left on defense ?
    I struggled with this same question with the last BoB I had. I am doing the barracks upgrade one at a time, but even doing it that way pushed my cook times to the 1hr+ range. It was especially tough during wars/CWL, as I tend to do most of the war castle donations too. It's a lot to balance: 8 attacks plus 1 or 2 war attacks plus war castle donations plus keeping my clannies supplied for their attacks. My day has to revolve around the barracks, otherwise I have to burn through potions/gems, or just simply miss a couple legends attacks.

That said, I chose to suffer a little longer with this and used it on the eagle. The 18 days vs. 9 days it was buying me was too much to pass up. Plus, if I used it on the barracks it would have been the third out of the four, so I would have still had 9 days of suffering left. I think the lack of instant gratification was what tipped the scales. But I almost went with the barracks.

If the siege workshop wasn't already done, I would have used it there instead.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    The Workshop is a Book of Building-worthy upgrade no matter how short or long the upgrade time.
    Exactly.I don't really care about troop training times that much to instantly finish a barrack upgrade.
    I usually do only one barrack at a time so the difference is not that much of an issue.