Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bug with Grand warden: defence seems over powered

Bug with Grand warden: defence seems over powered

So im doing a warden walk (lvl 50). I have my warden and 5 healers. Im in range of an archer tower which does 122 damage per second. My healers combined heal 280 per second x 0.9 for the multiple healers so 252 per second. My warden is getting healed for more damage than the archer tower can do. I get in range of the enemy warden (lvl 49) which does just under 299 per second. Now i have the archer tower and enemy warden shooting at me. My warden has 2440 hp. My warden dies in 7 hits from the enemy warden. Thats under 2093 damage. That is not enough damage to kill my warden when he is recovering health between shots from the healers. It should take maybe 9 plus shots to kill my warden which leaves me to believe that there is a bug in the game that is making defending wardens do additional damage or my warden has reduced hp. Am I missing something or am i right?

Forum Champion
    Healers heal heros at a reduced rate. I believe it’s 50% less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Healers heal heros at a reduced rate. I believe its 50% less.
    I took that into account in the calculations i will double check but pretty sure i did

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Imsorryididntknowtherules View Post
    I get in range of the enemy warden (lvl 49) which does just under 299 per second. Now i have the archer tower and enemy warden shooting at me. My warden has 2440 hp. My warden dies in 7 hits from the enemy warden. Thats under 2093 damage.
    This part definitely looks wrong. A Grand Warden doesn't fire every second, so don't confuse damage per hit with damage per second. He fires every 1.8 seconds and when a level 49 Grand Warden does fire, he causes 531 damage per hit. If your Grand Warden were hit 7 times, he received 3,717 damage, not under 2093 as you estimated. And in order for your Grand Warden to have attacked 7 times, it would have taken at minimum 10.8 seconds (likely more). That would mean that 122 DPS archer tower also caused a minium of 1,317 damage during the same period of time - plenty enough to knock out your Grand Warden.

Putting all figures into dps allows you to compare them.

Grand Warden Level 49 damage = 295 dps
    Archer Tower Level 17 damage = 122 dps
    ------------------------------------------------
    Total damage = 417 dps
    Total healing = 252 hps
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    This part definitely looks wrong. A Grand Warden doesn't fire every second, so don't confuse damage per hit with damage per second. He fires every 1.8 seconds and when a level 49 Grand Warden does fire, he causes 531 damage per hit. If your Grand Warden were hit 7 times, he received 3,717 damage, not under 2093 as you estimated. And in order for your Grand Warden to have attacked 7 times, it would have taken at minimum 10.8 seconds (likely more). That would mean that 122 DPS archer tower also caused a minium of 1,317 damage during the same period of time - plenty enough to knock out your Grand Warden.

Putting all figures into dps allows you to compare them.

Grand Warden Level 49 damage = 295 dps
    Archer Tower Level 17 damage = 122 dps
    ------------------------------------------------
    Total damage = 417 dps
    Total healing = 252 hps
    Ah that totally explains it that had me very confused thanks for the explanation

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Imsorryididntknowtherules View Post
    Ah that totally explains it that had me very confused thanks for the explanation
    No problem. Glad I could help.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy