Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 315

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The new AQ skin: The Chinese legendary girl - Mulan

  1. #261
    Senior Member Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    I think that Supercells marketing plan is more profitable now than when I began playing in 2014.
    When I started playing 6 yrs ago in may, I envisioned SC as being a bunch of guys in a bar who somehow put this cool game together over adult beverages and the rest was history. In 2013 a bunch of japanese business guys (SoftBank) with $1.5 B bought in. Then in 2016 the Chinese guys from Crazy Rich Asians showed up with bags of cash ($8.6B with a capital B) and bought pretty much everyone out. If you dont think this is BIG business, with marketing plans, cash flow charts, etc you are not paying attention. I love this game, have 5 accounts. Spend $$ very casually and on targeted plans to advance and use this as a stress relief. In short, 50ish male, with discretionary income... Crazy Rich Asians (and everyone else’s) dream demographic.
    And I am ok with that. It funds the advances in the game, it keeps TenCent inclined to keep the Finnish lights on in Helsinki, all is good. Now if I could only run Pekka BOBat like those kids i am against this war??!!!

  2. #262
    Personally I really like the new skin, it looks good, and I bought it.
    Yes, it costs more than a gold pass but it is also much more exclusive.
    The Gold Pass is a value pack designed to be bought by the majority of players.
    However itís fun to have a skin that everyone else DOESNíT have.
    A lot of players who are passionate about the game will always buy the gold pass,
    and activate the most recent skin, but with more exclusives we could start to see more variety in what people use.
    I would love to see more special offer skins brought out like this.
    Nobody is being forced to buy the skins, gold passes, or gems!
    However I regularly top up my gems to keep 1 gem donations going to clan mates,
    and I am happy to buy special items when they are available...
    I am sad that I missed the snowman though

  3. #263
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The choices of our cultural celebrations has to do with the size of each region's demographic. It's why there are so many Western-themed cultural events (Christmas, Halloween, etc.) simply because we have tens to hundreds of millions of players who celebrate those cultural events.
    So given the size of the Indian player base (must be next to China's if not, close to?) when can we expect to see Indian culture themed events and stuff?

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #264
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gliese-832c
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by dorklord View Post
    So given the size of the Indian player base (must be next to China's if not, close to?) when can we expect to see Indian culture themed events and stuff?
    Did you not see the special Diwali loading screen we did last year for our Indian players?
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #265
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gliese-832c
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    When I started playing 6 yrs ago in may, I envisioned SC as being a bunch of guys in a bar who somehow put this cool game together over adult beverages and the rest was history. In 2013 a bunch of japanese business guys (SoftBank) with $1.5 B bought in. Then in 2016 the Chinese guys from Crazy Rich Asians showed up with bags of cash ($8.6B with a capital B) and bought pretty much everyone out. If you dont think this is BIG business, with marketing plans, cash flow charts, etc you are not paying attention. I love this game, have 5 accounts. Spend $$ very casually and on targeted plans to advance and use this as a stress relief. In short, 50ish male, with discretionary income... Crazy Rich Asians (and everyone else’s) dream demographic.
    And I am ok with that. It funds the advances in the game, it keeps TenCent inclined to keep the Finnish lights on in Helsinki, all is good. Now if I could only run Pekka BOBat like those kids i am against this war??!!!

    While the history of the game isn't too far off from the truth (replace drinks with a Finnish sauna and you're probably more correct), Supercell has a very unique relationship with its parent company. We retain our creative, operational, strategic, and development independence from any exterior influence. The Finns take their independence VERY seriously, and don't like when others get their fingers in their stuff.

    Like any business conglomerate, yes there are layers of business stuff higher up, but as far as how the game teams operate, each game team runs like its own independent business. No one tells us what to do, what to make, how to make it, or how fast. The Clash team is about 18 individuals and every decision for the game comes purely from these 18 individuals. We do get suggestions and feedback from various analysts in the company and these do help us make data driven decisions. But there is no one telling us "YOU NEED TO DO THIS!" We take their feedback just as we take feedback from the community; we consider it and if it makes sense for the game we'll incorporate it. But there are no mandated things from anywhere outside the team.

    Supercell is very big on "trust". We trust the game teams are making the right decision for the longevity of the game, and not for immediate profit. That's why you don't see 100x value offers for $0.99 every day. That would destroy the game's health and longevity, even though in the short run it would probably make us billions of dollars. But our goal isn't to milk every cent possible; our goal is to keep the game fun and keep it running for as many years possible.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  6. #266
    Bbeehhaappyy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    That's why you don't see 100x value offers for $0.99 every day. That would destroy the game's health and longevity, even though in the short run it would probably make us billions of dollars. But our goal isn't to milk every cent possible; our goal is to keep the game fun and keep it running for as many years possible.
    It's logic for what do that now if you can do that when game days come to close. Now sure logical make others offers which keep balance in game not destroy.
    Better keep milk first like now and later go to plan B.

    But I'm sure 100x value one day come : )

    P.s but here nothing bad, while no one start speak about that. )
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; January 24th, 2020 at 09:11 AM.

  7. #267
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Did you not see the special Diwali loading screen we did last year for our Indian players?
    Oh yes, right. But was it a loading screen or an in-game banner? Would also be nice to see some in-game obstacles/decorations

  8. #268
    I hope Supercell will save their finnish quality of the game))
    And please add "Try" button for the new skins it will help to make choice

  9. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    251
    I think offering a skin via challenge is more fair then a price. Making exclusive skins only available to people who can afford them is not really great for the game. “There is the the rich kid with Mulan.” Rather, create challenges that are extremely difficult. Maybe we only get one chance at in a 24 hour period. We can buy more chances with gems and at the end of the event the skin is no longer available. Only people who have the skills get the skin and they wear it proudly. I would be embarrassed to wear a skin that everyone knows I spent $10 for, lol.
    Rebel Clan #UOL89UCG

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #270
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gliese-832c
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    I think offering a skin via challenge is more fair then a price. Making exclusive skins only available to people who can afford them is not really great for the game. “There is the the rich kid with Mulan.”
    Of course everyone would think offering a skin for free is the fair route. And yet when we put O.T.T.O behind a free route, how much complaint was there that people had to play to get it instead of just being able to buy for an insanely high price?

    And how often, when you've attacked a base, have you just sat there saying, "man this guy/gal must be rich for spending money on these skins..."? I can't even think of a single time where I've sat and looked at what skins my opponent has just to judge whether or not they spend money on the game.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •