Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The new AQ skin: The Chinese legendary girl - Mulan

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    You can bet when Clash copyrights expire in 80 years or so, your great-grandkids will be watching "Disney's Clash of Clans" on the silver screen. My only regret will be I won't be alive to watch it.
    At Disney's rate of acquisition, this will almost certainly be correct!!!! Hahahaha!!! Think of the merch opportunities they will have!!! Then we will finally get an unlimited supply of plushies everyone is always asking for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Edit: I was wrong
    Don't sweat it, I would have made the same assumption if I saw that at the same time. Since there's no "blue checkmark" in YouTube, it's hard to tell that's an official channel, especially since I can't read Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The entire video was done by our Shanghai office/team. I don't know if it was outsourced to an animation company or if it was done in-house. But it IS really cool. It's something different and unique that we've never tried before. I'm a huge fan of claymation movies so this really made me feel like I was back in the 3rd grade watching movies in my classroom.
    I really enjoyed that video, even though I couldn't understand a word of it. It was very well done. I like how they kept the consistency of the characters voices.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by BallTillWeFall82 View Post
    At Disney's rate of acquisition, this will almost certainly be correct!!!! Hahahaha!!! Think of the merch opportunities they will have!!! Then we will finally get an unlimited supply of plushies everyone is always asking for!!!
    Two regrets then. I forgot about the merch I'll miss out on.

I guess the flying lanterns showwn in the video will be the special obstacles for the Chinese New year, as we had lanterns in BB last year for same.

Centennial Club
    One question. Will they release this video in English? It looks really good but would love to know what they are saying. Also the new skin looks dope!

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    You can bet when Clash copyrights expire in 80 years or so, your great-grandkids will be watching "Disney's Clash of Clans" on the silver screen. My only regret will be I won't be alive to watch it.
    Who knows, after 80 years silver screen may not be a thing at all. We may be able to watch it by being inside it like in Ready Player One.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcfins13 View Post
    One question. Will they release this video in English? It looks really good but would love to know what they are saying. Also the new skin looks dope!
    I believe they will 😁
    And if you tune the speed to 0.75 x, that will give you another feeling of the video clip.

I am from Hong Kong, may be I can tell you more about Mulan.

Mulan is the name of this legendary girl, and also the name of a flower. At the end of the video, you will see there is a flower on her helmet.

And why Mulan is weaving at the beginning? It's because of the most famous Chinese poem "Mulan Poem - 木蘭辭”. The first few sentences in the poem are exactly the scene.

As for the lanterns, it is the Chinese tradition during Lunar New Year. People will hold lanterns beside the gate.
    Last edited by kkgame; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:29 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kkgame View Post
    I believe they will 
    And if you tune the speed to 0.75 x, that will give you another feeling of the video clip.
    We will be releasing it to all other regions with subtitles soon. Due to the cultural relevance, the China team wanted to make sure it was released to their relevant player base first.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We will be releasing it to all other regions with subtitles soon. Due to the cultural relevance, the China team wanted to make sure it was released to their relevant player base first.
    Thx Ddrian, thx CoC. We just want such great art to be enjoyed by the world, as well as the Chinese tradition.

Let's celebrate the great Lunar New Year 😎😆
    Last edited by kkgame; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:31 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by kkgame View Post
    Thx Ddrian, thx CoC. We just want such great art to be enjoyed by the world, as well as the Chinese tradition.

Let's celebrate the great Lunar New Year 

I'm curious who this Ddrian person is. ;-)
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett