Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Clan Games - NEW DECADE (2020) GAMES - Jan 22-28

JtB you are absolutely right, but many simply can't grasp the broader point. Hopefully SC understands.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Clan games is a piece of the puzzle to keep customers engaged and spending time and money on other things in this game. Clan games is not in a vacuum, it is all part of the big picture to encourage people to play the game. It is a common business model, and it works well. Sort of like those people at a store who give out those “free” samples of food, it encourages you to buy some after you taste it.

Again, looking at the grand scheme of things, using the word “ungrateful” for long-time and loyal customers who were letdown is the wrong word. Unimpressed or dissatisfied is more pertaining to the issue at hand. There wasn’t a ruin of dark elixir in the gold pass this season, so I figured clan games would have one.
    Last edited by STevenTod; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:04 PM.

OK, this is getting wearisome but:

1) I wasn't asking for 39 books of heroes, just one as the highest reward. You are right about needing the book of fighting, but missing a troop upgrade doesn't stop me from being in clan wars. (And thanks for finally grasping my point about 99% needing a book of heroes, that's progress).

2) I pay to play the game, and have for years, so I have the right to be an unhappy customer. The bill that shows up on my iTunes account doesn't say WHAT the money was spent on, just that it was spent on Clash.

3) How can you manage magic items when you can only store one of them. That's not managing. Yes I get why SC has a limit but that wasn't your original point. Your original point was not to complain because you could store magic items you don't need for future upgrades, now you "understand" and simply change your position.

Please read a point by JtB on screen 12 to see if you can understand it. He expresses the point of loyal customers being dissatisfied very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I can bring you a mirror and said the same thing to you, I was a maxed TH12 for months when TH13 was released.

1. Nope, it's not enough for 40 Heroes upgrade, but nobody said we must upgrade Heroes in 1 month. Less hardcore players usually upgrade Heroes in about 3-4 months. Currently my Heroes at 67 70 45 15, not a Gold Pass holder, never pay anything, but that doesn't mean the CG must offer BoH. Based on your logic, 99% of the players also need Book of Fighting since I am sure 99% of the players didn't have maxed troops yet at this point, so there you go CG with BoF as reward. I am at decent clan, but by no means I have to war non-stop. Take a break and farm without Heroes. If you really want to war non-stop, why don't pay more so that you could have max Heroes and war non-stop.

2. So you agree you are not paying for CG but still want to argue about you have the right to complaint about CG rewards? I understand your point, but the paying logic doesn't make any sense here since you didn't pay for CG, you paid for Gold Pass or gems and you are not shortchanged by what you paid.

3. You can't stock pile the Magic Items, then all the more that's where you need managing the magic items. What are you talking about? The limit is there for a reason, and that's to stop maxed out players from hoarding the magic items for next new contents. But you can sell those magic items if you already had it for gems.
    Last edited by STevenTod; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:16 PM.

Thanks for the heads up and free stuff, but these are kinda sucky. As a TH13, troop upgrades really are not important and I can go a week with upgrading any troops as the ones I really use are already maxed, like many TH13s. Book of fighting useless to many. Book of Heros is the only one many really need as a hero down a week takes them out of wars. I get it, they are free, but still pretty bad compared to some of the past reward tiers we have seen.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANAX View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and free stuff, but these are kinda sucky. As a TH13, troop upgrades really are not important and I can go a week with upgrading any troops as the ones I really use are already maxed, like many TH13s. Book of fighting useless to many. Book of Heros is the only one many really need as a hero down a week takes them out of wars. I get it, they are free, but still pretty bad compared to some of the past reward tiers we have seen.

As I said, not every Clan Games will cater specifically to YOUR needs. There will always be rewards that someone will be really excited about, and there'll be some people who are 'meh' about them. It all depends on what your needs are at the time.

But to expect the rewards to be catered specifically to YOU every time is unrealistic
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

don't be so greedy, folks... be grateful for "free" stuff and remember that this is a game... play more, complain less

Quote Originally Posted by TheLord1969 View Post
    The rewards for the Clan Games are getting more and more underwhelming
    Yeah, ONLY 350 gems worth of items that we didn't have to purchase.....tut

Quote Originally Posted by SHANAX View Post
    I was hoping for a BoH in this clan games too. But, we got one last month, and they typically don't have the same books in consecutive months. So, while I was a tiny bit bummed, I was not surprised.

Let me think of the bigger picture though - TH13 has been out just over a month now. Since then, I've maxed my queen, and gotten my warden to level 45 without a minute of down time, nor a penny spent. I was able to do this between the hammers from CWL (my clan is in gold 2, so I only get enough medals to buy one a month), the free books from the silver pass, and the books I've gotten from the trader. Any gems I've used have come from removing obstacles, the gem mine, event rewards, clan games, and achievements. The only hero I've had down is the Royal Champion (currently going to 10)

Realistically, how much easier should they make it? SC doesn't want us all maxing our heroes in the first month, it's not healthy for the game. If you want to do this, you can easily buy offers/gems from the store, and upgrade to the gold pass. Not everyone is willing to do this, and it's good that there is some kind of barrier here.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    As I said, not every Clan Games will cater specifically to YOUR needs. There will always be rewards that someone will be really excited about, and there'll be some people who are 'meh' about them. It all depends on what your needs are at the time.

But to expect the rewards to be catered specifically to YOU every time is unrealistic
    i get this but I will point out that there was no BoH in the last CG either and no BoH in this month’s gold pass. Though it is nice that silver pass available to everyone continues to provide a BoH.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I was hoping for a BoH in this clan games too. But, we got one last month, and they typically don't have the same books in consecutive months. So, while I was a tiny bit bummed, I was not surprised.

Let me think of the bigger picture though - TH13 has been out just over a month now. Since then, I've maxed my queen, and gotten my warden to level 45 without a minute of down time, nor a penny spent. I was able to do this between the hammers from CWL (my clan is in gold 2, so I only get enough medals to buy one a month), the free books from the silver pass, and the books I've gotten from the trader. Any gems I've used have come from removing obstacles, the gem mine, event rewards, clan games, and achievements. The only hero I've had down is the Royal Champion (currently going to 10)

Realistically, how much easier should they make it? SC doesn't want us all maxing our heroes in the first month, it's not healthy for the game. If you want to do this, you can easily buy offers/gems from the store, and upgrade to the gold pass. Not everyone is willing to do this, and it's good that there is some kind of barrier here.
    Was there BoH last month? I don’t think there was. But my memory isn’t what it used to be. If they did have one last month I retract my last post.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just one small correction on the rewards list. Tier 3 has a Research Potion, not a Resource Potion. My apologies. Rewards have been updated.
    seems the design is updated too, or else what‘s that potion with the crown on it for??
    It’s the same colour as the Hero boost potion, but that has a „+5“ token attached to it, not a crown. Just sayin‘.

Have Fun
    TS

mid TH13 ... lvl 226 ... 65 ... 70 ... 50 ... 13
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet .
    Poem, Journey to full Lavas Video.