Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: What happened with the blossom derby?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sierramike View Post
    Good riddance. I would be happy to never see a blossom derby again.
    What is a riddance? That we like to cooperate and that we are bored of just nearly ten times kicking ore in the mines or reviving our neighbors' trees every Tuesday?

  2. #12
    Senior Member xenkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    202
    Pracanticz, That's what I have too.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pracanticz View Post
    What is a riddance? That we like to cooperate and that we are bored of just nearly ten times kicking ore in the mines or reviving our neighbors' trees every Tuesday?
    Riddance - the action of getting rid of a troublesome or unwanted person or thing

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    Riddance - the action of getting rid of a troublesome or unwanted person or thing
    You don't have to explain the meaning of the word to me. I just deeply disagree with you.

  5. #15
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    49
    Of all the derbies, I must say that the blossom is my least favourite. There are just 2 active derby players in my hood and we both agree we find the blossom tasks a bit boring compared to other derbies where you can strategise and pick and choose the tasks you want. I don’t have a problem with trashing as we’re pretty flexible about which tasks to take. Mystery derbies take us a bit longer to finish, but I do like them. We usually get relegated after blossom derbies as we prefer to ignore them and treat them as a normal derby. It’s not a problem as we usually get promoted again after the next derby. We just miss out on an extra horse shoe for a week. I wouldn’t miss blossom derbies if they disappeared for good.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    Of all the derbies, I must say that the blossom is my least favourite. There are just 2 active derby players in my hood and we both agree we find the blossom tasks a bit boring compared to other derbies where you can strategise and pick and choose the tasks you want. I don’t have a problem with trashing as we’re pretty flexible about which tasks to take. Mystery derbies take us a bit longer to finish, but I do like them. We usually get relegated after blossom derbies as we prefer to ignore them and treat them as a normal derby. It’s not a problem as we usually get promoted again after the next derby. We just miss out on an extra horse shoe for a week. I wouldn’t miss blossom derbies if they disappeared for good.
    Yes, and that's what it is: blossom derby is not intended for neighborhood with one or two players. Unfortunately, players in these neighborhoods often do not realize that there are larger neighborhoods, and there are many.

  7. #17
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    6,173
    Not every derby works for all hoods. The blossom derby could be better, if we could tell who has completed a blossom task. I still prefer blossom over mystery derbies.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Not every derby works for all hoods. The blossom derby could be better, if we could tell who has completed a blossom task. I still prefer blossom over mystery derbies.
    I agree with that. I personally like all sorts of derby, but it must not occur too often. This then slips to a stereotype, as is unfortunately now happening with the classic derby.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Fitzet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Not every derby works for all hoods. The blossom derby could be better, if we could tell who has completed a blossom task. I still prefer blossom over mystery derbies.
    In our neighbourhood we change our farm name when we have finished a task so everyone can tell what still needs to be done. So our farm names are ‘minefishtruck’ for example. Then the last person on a task can trash it knowing everyone else is done. It’s hopeless trying to put it all in the chat it just gets lost.

    i hate blossom derbies, love the mystery derby!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzet View Post
    In our neighbourhood we change our farm name when we have finished a task so everyone can tell what still needs to be done. So our farm names are ‘minefishtruck’ for example. Then the last person on a task can trash it knowing everyone else is done. It’s hopeless trying to put it all in the chat it just gets lost.

    i hate blossom derbies, love the mystery derby!
    In our neighborhood, we maintain a shared spreadsheet that lists who has completed the task. It works absolutely reliably. If you don't want to maintain a spreadsheet, you can simply wait for everyone to complete the first batch of tasks, then delete them and start the second batch. It is easy to tell by the number of points that everyone is finished. Otherwise, I agree that it would be great to know how many people have / don't have the task.
    I like mystery derby but blossom derby more.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •