Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is intentionally losing encouraged?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Yeah I guess I'm not sure why I actually expected anything on these forums other than super defensive remarks about how absolutely nothing is wrong with the game and it couldn't be improved in any way. Seems to be pretty typical across most threads here.
    When you attack the game for being what mostbpeopoe want it to be, then what do you expect?

The game is not perfect, there are certainly things that can be improved. But one of the biggest strengths is the choice of ways to play, and that is what you werecattacking.

But anyways, I encourage Supercell to go look at the statistics that they must have in the background, in terms of amount of loot per win (including Loot Bonus) at Crystal vs Masters vs Champions, and see whether they think that is actually balanced how they intend it to be balanced.
    I don't imagine there are many days they don't already do that.

Everyone says Legends has great loot, and several people have posted in this thread about Titans being pretty good (other than time to find a match). Many people admit to preferring to drop to Crystal or Masters so they can get easy loot. I haven't seen anyone claim that they fare well in Champions. The problem is not that it is "too difficult" or that I'm losing as much loot as I win (can't steal my loot if I already spent it). The problem is that no one has anything to steal, and 200k gold + 200k elixir per attack just doesn't come close to making it worth it to be in that league vs easily getting 600k+ each against much easier bases.

I'm not really sure what a solution would be, I'm not saying to nerf loot at Crystals/Masters, just that Supercell should go look at the statistics and see whether they think loot at Champions level should be buffed somehow.
    That is not about balance, it us about what other players are doing at that level. Though I have recently been through Champions with my 3rd account (TH11), have just got into Titans, and I found the loot good in Champs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Yeah I guess I'm not sure why I actually expected anything on these forums other than super defensive remarks about how absolutely nothing is wrong with the game and it couldn't be improved in any way. Seems to be pretty typical across most threads here.

But anyways, I encourage Supercell to go look at the statistics that they must have in the background, in terms of amount of loot per win (including Loot Bonus) at Crystal vs Masters vs Champions, and see whether they think that is actually balanced how they intend it to be balanced.

Everyone says Legends has great loot, and several people have posted in this thread about Titans being pretty good (other than time to find a match). Many people admit to preferring to drop to Crystal or Masters so they can get easy loot. I haven't seen anyone claim that they fare well in Champions. The problem is not that it is "too difficult" or that I'm losing as much loot as I win (can't steal my loot if I already spent it). The problem is that no one has anything to steal, and 200k gold + 200k elixir per attack just doesn't come close to making it worth it to be in that league vs easily getting 600k+ each against much easier bases.

I'm not really sure what a solution would be, I'm not saying to nerf loot at Crystals/Masters, just that Supercell should go look at the statistics and see whether they think loot at Champions level should be buffed somehow.
    Well, to be considered a problem you have to explain the negative impacts caused by the trophy dropping, which you haven't. There is no negative impacts when a player choose to drop trophies that affect other players as long as the economy across all leagues are not affected greatly. Over the years the loot bonus had been adjusted again and again, which was to encouraged players to move up the leagues and get rewarded more than staying in lower league, while they still allow players to stay in lower leagues if they really like it. The balance had been better than ever.

I have bolded same parts in your post, it's not that other forumers is thinking that nothing is wrong with the game and it couldn't be improved, maybe like you nobody know what a solution would be, if they really consider it as problem? You haven't give any real solution or idea how you would like the game to change, which is why not going to move the discussion in the direction you wanted.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:21 AM.

And attacking members of the forums for their opinions on your post will get you nowhere either. Itís not a perfect system. We deal with what we have. Supercell has an Ideas and Request forum and they do use suggestions from there.

Grab a Snickers, youíre not yourself when youíre hungry.

How on Earth are u guys farming in Titans 3? The clouds were so awful in champions 1 alone... I can't imagine how it is up there.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
    How on Earth are u guys farming in Titans 3? The clouds were so awful in champions 1 alone... I can't imagine how it is up there.
    Well that's how one side of the opinion in this thread has responded - although it is harder to find bases in titans III, each raid offers a greater reward. It works better for those who don't have time to crank out 30 raids a day in that they are choosing a more quality raid over quantity of raids.

Right now I didn't find clouds longer than 5 seconds though. I am also in Champs 1.
    This is actually the worst time to raid in my experience with respect to clouds when I was in Titan, with best time being 12 am GMT (least clouds).

Anyway they reduced the guard times in Titan from 4 hours to 1 so that should help I suppose.
    Last edited by Maestro666; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:18 PM.

Farming in titan 1 right now. Maybe 5 seconds between skips. Will probably drop down to champs today though. They get worse during clan games.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #58
    I'm finding no more than 20-30 seconds of clouds at the worst. But it will be worse tomorrow when Clan Games starts
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm finding no more than 20-30 seconds of clouds at the worst. But it will be worse tomorrow when Clan Games starts
    And my last two raids in Titans have each brought in 2 million combined lix/gold.
    My stats (main account)

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    The beauty of this game is that you can succeed at high trophies and at low trophies. Both ranges just require different strategies. I'd say it's a great game design if it has diversity in playstyle, allowing casual players to hang low and encourage hardcore players to push high. If the game only encouraged and rewarded pushing trophies then I suspect thousands would have quit long ago. The skill level required to play at higher trophies would have force all of the casual players to find a different game.
    Exactly.

and the game mechanics do "encourage" pushing with higher rewards at higher leagues.

but as phoenix rightly says, players can make there own choices, with ot without encouragement.

i spent years farming at low levels because of clouds - happily.

since OBS i have farmed in legend - happily.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23