Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is intentionally losing encouraged?

I will say when you drop down to loot, it can be a real grind to get back to Legends as going threw Titans and the clouds is tuff, especially if there are any special events going on. I won’t drop again, I’ll just loot it out in Legends with the gold pass for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    I will say when you drop down to loot, it can be a real grind to get back to Legends as going threw Titans and the clouds is tuff, especially if there are any special events going on. I won’t drop again, I’ll just loot it out in Legends with the gold pass for a few months.
    Hehe yeah I wonder why clouds are such a big problem in Titans? Maybe because most of the people like me who SHOULD be in Champions or Titans are intentionally losing to stay down in Crystal or Masters, so the people in Titans have way less people to fight against...

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    Hehe yeah I wonder why clouds are such a big problem in Titans? Maybe because most of the people like me who SHOULD be in Champions or Titans are intentionally losing to stay down in Crystal or Masters, so the people in Titans have way less people to fight against...
    Actually, as a th11, you are kind of small fry to be messing around in titan. Champs is probably ok. Titan 1 is mostly filled with th13s and some 12s. 2 and 3 are mix of 12s and 13s with the odd adventurous 11. Given the change at champs where the matchmaker stops paying attention to town hall level, it makes sense for lower, and th11 is in that group, to stay away from the big dogs.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

It isn't a bad design. It gives players a choice. "Farm" lower for more loot or push trophies for more competition, but less loot.

However, I do wonder if it was ever meant to be that way. Did the game designers originally consider "dead" bases with lots of loot? Or, did they assume players would try to win, climb up in trophies and just collect loot along the way?

They admitted they never really planned on people intentionally leaving their hall outside to get a cheap easy shield and they eventually took that away.

I've often wondered what the game would be like if there never was a next button. That, alone, probably would have encouraged players to play higher. The next button is a big part of why it can be more profitable to play lower in trophies.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

there are multiple routes through this game, the not seeing the next base is called legends. i use legends for dark/non-hero vital long term builds that otherwise would weaken my base, i will drop lower if upgrading heroes. its' simple game mechanics, go where you need to be.

if the OP wants to streatch this line of thought into the rushed, engineered, max style of bases, then ... but any inactive base over I think 3 years is removed from view.

it would require a total overhaul to do this, for example requiring previous levels of a structure, troop, spell to unlock an unrelated structure, but such will be unpopular. as it is, there are numberous routes to the end goal, and different players play for different reasons, and different durations to play thd game.

The game has never been easier farming as a TH13 in low-mid Crystal. I can farm a hero level in a day purely by dropping trophies by just sniping drills. Why would I raid with a full army every half an hour.
    Last edited by pannath; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:51 AM.

I don't think it's a bad design at all, In fact for me it helps keep the game interesting. I'm a high level th13 and in the last 2 weeks have been in titan 1 to bronze 3 and every league in between. I go to whatever league suits my current goals and love having that flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pannath View Post
    The game has never been easier farming as a TH13 in low-mid Crystal. I can farm a hero level in a day purely by dropping trophies by just sniping drills. Why would I raid with a full army every half an hour.
    Because drill sniping with gobs is about as exciting as watching paint dry for me? I can get plenty of resources by attacking every half hour or so in high leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Because drill sniping with gobs is about as exciting as watching paint dry for me? I can get plenty of resources by attacking every half hour or so in high leagues.
    I agree. However it works for me as I can't play the game throughout the day. I can just burn a training potion and do all the farming I need in less than an hour. Play the game however you want.
    Last edited by pannath; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pannath View Post
    I agree. However it works for me as I can't play the game throughout the day. I can just burn a training potion and do all the farming I need in less than an hour. Play the game however you want.
    Which is the beauty of the game. It allows many different play styles. Didnt mean to sound judgmental. Was just answering why I prefer higher league farming. Now. Way back, I did a ton of goblin raids to feed my then th9.