Thread: Roadside Shop

Fresh Spawn

Thumbs up Roadside Shop

SUPER irritated that my items were discarded from my shop instead of being put back into my barn!! I lost 9 saws which I needed. This is NOT clear the items would be taken away. I had to pay a diamond for them to be what I thought was returned!! Not cool.

Welcome to the forum.

The bin icon in the Roadside shop discards items, it does not return them to the barn. This is not a bug, it is by design.

If the bin icon returned items, the Roadside Shop could be used as additional storage (i.e. more storage when the barn is full). Hence, the feature is ruled out (see this list).

I'm sorry to hear you lost those saws you needed. At least you know now that the bin discards icons so you won't make that same mistake again
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; January 18th, 2020 at 11:32 PM.

Also known as KDT123 and WheatLand.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farm’s statistics with everyone!

If you are fortunate enough to be in a trustworthy hood you can ask in chat for another player to buy and resell them back to you. Also it is another good reason for having a mini farm so you can recover them yourself quickly. That may be a consideration after your primary farm has advanced to high levels.

Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WheatLandIII View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The bin icon in the Roadside shop discards items, it does not return them to the barn. This is not a bug, it is by design.

If the bin icon returned items, the Roadside Shop could be used as additional storage (i.e. more storage when the barn is full). Hence, the feature is ruled out (see this list).

I'm sorry to hear you lost those saws you needed. At least you know now that the bin discards icons so you won't make that same mistake again
    Firstly, this is "By design"? Using the shop as "extra storage" is a ridiculous excuse for this, items usually aren't in the shop long enough for anything to be stored in there as people buy them so this would never be viable at all so let's not pretend that it would be.

Secondly, it is NOT clear that "trashing" an advertisement would trash the items, this needs to be made clear to people, and a second request to confirm is not making anything clear, I think most people have fallen prey to trashing an advert just to find it bins everything. If I put my bike up for sale on ebay but then cancel the advert, my bike doesn't just disappear.

If you're not going to scrap this absolutely ridiculous idea that this could be used as extra storage, at least have the decency to have add in a extra warning making it clear that the items will not return to the barn when trashing advertisements and the player will lose all the items.

Not sure how the your device shows the option, but on my tablet there is a trash can with the one diamond option next to it when you highlight goods for sale in your shop. That makes it very clear that you pay one diamond to trash. Anytime you see a trash can in this or any other game, that means it will be trashed. Very clear on my iPad, but may not be as clear an icon on other devices.
    Last edited by VulcanforHayDay; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:40 PM.

So I saw that alot of other players have commented on this problem in another post, but that post is closed, so I will post my comment here.

I totally understand the problem with players using the roadside shop as extra storage, and so that is why my items are not returned to me when I pay a diamond to hit the trash button. However, until this happens to you, NO ONE assumes that paying a diamond and hitting the trash can button will trash the ITEMS. I, along with countless other people, have assumed that this button would trash the SALE of the items, not the actual ITEMS themselves! This does not make sense at all until you get on this forum and research it.

All I am asking is that Hayday create a warning message that pops up when you hit the trash button. It can say something like "Are you sure you want to pay one diamond to trash these items?" Or "Are you sure you want to trash this sale? Your items will not be returned to you." Or something similar.

In my case, I had 21 planks in my barn, but I only needed 16 of them. So I created a sale for ONE plank at the maximum price of 270 coins. I don't know if it was my phone or the game that had a glitch, but the sale came out with the default settings: EIGHT planks for the minimum price! So I thought it would be worth 1 diamond to cancel the sale and correct it. I certainly didn't anticipate that I would lose all 8 planks, not even receiving a penny for them, and pay a diamond for the privilege to do so! This is so frustrating. Hayday, please please please do something about this!