Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Help] Contact Support

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    The main point is that op has played his brothers village and used his gplay account for that. Op then saved the village with supercell id.
    Now his brother want to start clash again but cant use his gplay account because this account is already linked to a village. The brother should simply create a new gplay account or save his new village with his own supercell id. This would be the best choice.
    Sure, but if the same email used for the brother’s google play was not used for his supercell id, the brother should be able to use the email for his google play as his supercell id.

Something I didn’t mention in my first post is technically you can use the same gmail address for multiple supercell ids.

Say my email is supercell@gmail.com (not my email). I’ve already linked this address to my main account. Now I create a mini account, but I don’t want to make another email address. Instead, I can use supercell+[whateverwordorphrasewithoutthebrackets]@gmail.com. The supercell id system, and any other place you can enter or use an email address will treat it as its own address, but gmail knows the “+” and everything between it and the “@“ doesn’t affect the actual address and will put in it the supercell@gmail.com inbox. The same goes for “.”s. Any of these - supercell@gmail.com, super.cell@gmail.com, and any number of “.”s anywhere (possibly just in between) - in the email address before the “@“ will go to the same address.

If the brother were to employ either of these methods, he can still use his own email address OP also uses, but they’ll be treated as two (or more) distinct email addresses for use with the supercell id; however, I wouldn’t recommend that for two distinct people. It’s still good for one person with multiple accounts.

Three of my accounts are linked to completely different emails, but all my other minis use this, and my phrase between “+” and “@“ is that village’s name so I always know which one I’m logging in on.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    snip
    This thing you mention shouldnt be done. It is a feature of gmail and gmail could decide to remove it any time. Also possible that scid system could get messed up and due to that you may lose your villages.
    Best way is not to play with the scid system in ways thatshouldnt be done. You should use a seperate email accountfor every village.

This thing you mention shouldnt be done. It is a feature of gmail and gmail could decide to remove it any time. Also possible that scid system could get messed up and due to that you may lose your villages.
    Best way is not to play with the scid system in ways thatshouldnt be done. You should use a seperate email accountfor every village.
    That’s a good point, but that’s also why I didn’t try it with any of the emails I use for my main three that I made a long time ago before I knew about this. I used a fourth email just in case things went wrong. I don’t really care about any of these other accounts since were made to bolster our ranks when we had to rebuild our clan from about 13 people, and now they exist for novelty only.

To anyone reading this. Know the risks of everything you do, whether the consequences are light, severe, or anything in between.

In this case, they are separate emails that use the same inbox. That’s why I don’t recommend sharing between 2 or more people.

I do this with accounts I can afford to lose(tag two mains to separate primary emails listed, weaker accounts add the “ . ”. Totally agree to tread lightly in this field. Ease of access purposes, and you weigh the risks? Not a bad gig.

This shouldn’t be a full on endorsement for others to do from other forumers. You do play with this, you could lose your important accounts.

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTOne5 View Post
    Regarding Disconnecting My Google Play Id From My Account.
    Or maybe it's regarding "Disconnecting your Cousin Brothers Google Play id from HIS account"?

If you don't want to play anymore, just don't play. Uninstall the game and move on. It's that simple.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Forum Master
    It is a feature of gmail and gmail could decide to remove it any time. <snip>
    Adding "." to the "name" part of an email address, is part of the specifications.

Adding a "tag" between the name part, and the domain part of an email address, as in name+tag@domain is ALSO a part of the specification. This is used for email routing inside a mailbox.

All hell would break lose, if Google decided to not follow these specs.

Many sites, when asking for an email address, do not accept "+" as a legal character in the name part of an email address. This is bad design and ignorance on the site's part.

GMail and Office360 do support the "+" notation and will route the mails correctly. I don't use any other mail services, so I have no idea if it's supported by others, but it is in the specs.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Adding "." to the "name" part of an email address, is part of the specifications.

Adding a "tag" between the name part, and the domain part of an email address, as in name+tag@domain is ALSO a part of the specification. This is used for email routing inside a mailbox.

All hell would break lose, if Google decided to not follow these specs.

Many sites, when asking for an email address, do not accept "+" as a legal character in the name part of an email address. This is bad design and ignorance on the site's part.

GMail and Office360 do support the "+" notation and will route the mails correctly. I don't use any other mail services, so I have no idea if it's supported by others, but it is in the specs.

/Affront
    Thanks for offering a more technical explanation of how the tag works. I didn’t want anyone to think I’m tampering with the supercell ID system, so it was thoughtful of you provide additional information. I thought it was gmail specific, but it’s good to know Office and maybe others can use it too.

For clarification, what is said above is for linking to Supercell ID, not to Google Play Games, right?

While adding "." and "+" is supported, Gmail considered those as aliases for the same email account, only the original spelling used when created the account got recognized and displayed in Google Play when connecting to it.

In other words, player cannot, on their own, connect a clash account to abc.xyz@gmail.com if abcxyz@gmail.com (original spelling) is already linked to a Clash village.

Back to OP problem, the brother would still need a new Google account if he doesn't want to use Supercell ID.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    For clarification, what is said above is for linking to Supercell ID, not to Google Play Games, right?

While adding "." and "+" is supported, Gmail considered those as aliases for the same email account, only the original spelling used when created the account got recognized and displayed in Google Play when connecting to it.

In other words, player cannot, on their own, connect a clash account to abc.xyz@gmail.com if abcxyz@gmail.com (original spelling) is already linked to a Clash village.

Back to OP problem, the brother would still need a new Google account if he doesn't want to use Supercell ID.
    I know for sure “+” works because I’ve done it.

IMACI said he uses the “.”, so that works too.

If you weren’t the owner of abcxyz and tried to even make a new abc.xyz as your own email, gmail would recognize it exists already and wouldn’t let you. if you did tried to log in to a supercell id with it anyway, the owner of abcxyz would get that email, and they could just ignore it.

I had a similar situation related to a utility service established by someone else with a similar email, a dot, and a typo.

If I planned to make a new account, I’d probably stick to the +tag way because I can label each account.

I don’t know how it would work with Google Play, but I’ve experimented with sign-ins with other applications/accounts as a way to track where spam emails originate and who is selling your information. The video I watched where I learned how to do it was for that purpose.
    Last edited by toofinedog; January 18th, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I don’t know how it would work with Google Play, but I’ve experimented with sign-ins with other applications/accounts as a way to track where spam emails originate and who is selling your information. The video I watched where I learned how to do it was for that purpose.
    Google play Games is a service that identifies user by their Google account. So all the aliases email is considered as 1 account.

When you press on the "Connect to Google" button from Clash, it shows a list of Google account signed in on the device that you can choose from, tap and type CONFIRM and load village.