Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 gem donations: are they good enough?

1 gem donations: are they good enough?

I have been using 1 gem donations very heavily in my clan, and some clan mates of mine do the same. When I see a request for 1 pekka 1 yeti, I immediately gem them away. But if I see a request for 9 hogs, or 9 balloons... I hesitate! Wow, I think, that's 9 gems spent for a single cc, that is too much!

As a result, people asking for such "difficult" cc's need to wait for ever, while others get filled up immediately.

Can we somehow change the 1 gem donation rule, so that all cc fills cost the same independently of what they actually ask for? I am not sure how, though. Any ideas?
    CoC: Elder in war clan Fontana #YQP89RPV. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Co-Leader in Greece Elite #PCUPC0VV
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I have a guy who requests an ice golem and the rest giants (40 cap). I 1-gem the golem and train the giants. I have another guy who requests ground (35 cap), so I give him a pekka I already have trained and gem the giants. I've begun using Rage more and already use Freeze/Poison which are the top 3 requested spells in my clan. I try to keep all sieges trained, but I will gem any to ensure I have the one I need for battle.

i think the answer is a combination of adapting to your clan's requests, gemming what is comfortable for you, and training what is not. I'm one of our top donors, and I don't HAVE TO donate, but I always donate before requesting, so I will give my clanmates whatever gems or time is needed to fulfill their requests first.

It would be nice to be able to donate a six-pack of hogs for the same cost as a regular golem, but I don't see it changing due to the transactional nature of gems.
    Last edited by toofinedog; January 17th, 2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: too many "though"s

I wish in addition to the 2 Army slots we had a troop warehouse where you could pre build troops for donation only

Cost of being in an active clan is the way I justify it. But yes giving 9 troops vs just 2 does sting a little...
    Last edited by Jwp721; January 17th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Also, I usually get on with the intention to attack. I do my attack, and now my pre-queued army is ready. I’ll take this opportunity to train the troops in open requests and donate them, then train my second army after and make my own request. It’s a solid system.

If I haven’t come on to attack, I’ll remove a large troop from my queued army, train what’s needed, then re-queue the removed troop. If it’s a troop that will come out of my trained army, I’ll rearrange the queued troops so that same troop fills first.

If I forget entirely which happens often, and wrong troops from the queued army seep into my army, I rearrange the queued troops, delete the wrong troops, then re-queue the deleted troops. The elixir loss for deleting is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Also, I usually get on with the intention to attack. I do my attack, and now my pre-queued army is ready. I’ll take this opportunity to train the troops in open requests and donate them, then train my second army after and make my own request. It’s a solid system.

If I haven’t come on to attack, I’ll remove a large troop from my queued army, train what’s needed, then re-queue the removed troop. If it’s a troop that will come out of my trained army, I’ll rearrange the queued troops so that same troop fills first.

If I forget entirely which happens often, and wrong troops from the queued army seep into my army, I rearrange the queued troops, delete the wrong troops, then re-queue the deleted troops. The elixir loss for deleting is minimal.
    This right here is the system I use, 1 gem donations are great, but I am at about 15k donates for the season and if all I did was fill 1 gem pekkas that would be 600 gems, quite a chunk. There is no real reason a req can't sit for 4-5 minutes while hogs are getting cooked, 99% the time people request just after an attack and hero's will take a lot longer then that to regen.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    no one should expect you to use your gems.. firstly ask are they in a rush? if they have just raided their heroes will be down unless they are boasting. If they have just raided and are not boosted you are wasting gems.

Most people are happy to wait.

Players in our clan will always announce they have boosted armies and tell us what they will need and other players will support them quickly.

its all about teamwork
    Last edited by Call me H; January 17th, 2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    I have been using 1 gem donations very heavily in my clan, and some clan mates of mine do the same. When I see a request for 1 pekka 1 yeti, I immediately gem them away. But if I see a request for 9 hogs, or 9 balloons... I hesitate! Wow, I think, that's 9 gems spent for a single cc, that is too much!

As a result, people asking for such "difficult" cc's need to wait for ever, while others get filled up immediately.

Can we somehow change the 1 gem donation rule, so that all cc fills cost the same independently of what they actually ask for? I am not sure how, though. Any ideas?
    When i'm done with my attacks for the day, i train my second army for donation, 5 valk, 1 giant, 10 loons, 2 drags, 1 wb, 1 arch, 7 boulders, plus part of my normal army, 4 healers, 2 baby and 4 miners to fill it out.

Those are the ones my clan requests. I do this on 2 bases, one is on my phone one is on my tablet.

In addition, I also have gone down 150 gems this month, i usually get them back in clan games and hover around 1000 gems.

I do my daily challenges, often a second attack for star bonus and that is it on each of 5 accounts. so i'm using it for attacking for 15 minutes a day on each base and the rest of the time 2 of them are ready for donations.

I just delete donation armies before I attack and go through 5 bases, do one more attack then train the donation army again.

-me

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    I think I've used 2500 gems in the last few weeks with 1-gem donations. Just been in a strange situation where 2 barracks were upgrading, wars and CWL often needed quick donations, was the only one with Siege Barracks maxed (with clan perk) on in my normal play window, etc.

I farm with eDrags and loons - so those requests I fill from the 2nd army usually always building - but if you are in a clan with many using the pass with 1-gem donations, it does seem most folks expect instant CC fills. Rarely do you see "Cooking" anymore - of if you do, someone gems them before they're cooked.

If I have it finished in the army on queue I will donate it and remake for myself. I still cook small space troops, siege machines are about the only things I will 1 gem donate, maybe lavas, unless someone is in a hurry for small troops, I do not use 1 gem donations, it just adds up to a lot of gems very quickly, but usually someone else is on that has that army comp or wil donates. We still use "cooking" whether we are actually making it or just to say I got you covered, so 5 people are not trying to fill the same request.